Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Sweet Tooth.

Gets a strong recommendation from me… and I don’t generally like fantasy genre.

Only 1 season so far, 8 episodes. 

The media/official synopsis sounds terrible, but the reviews are sky high.

A post-apoplectic world where the majority of humanity has been wiped out by a virus. And humanity is holding onto a thread looking for a vaccine through the experimentation of hybrids (half humans and half animals).

9 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Apparently there’s a prequel in production for Yellowstone called 1883 (with Faith Hill and her husband as the Duttons).

And Sam Elliot pistol whipping a mofo. :) 

The season 4 premier has a flashback to 1883 as well and it carries forward to modern day.

• Thanks 1

Foundation is an interesting show. It seems only loosely based on the actual book series, which others have described to me but I've never read myself. If I were invested in the books, I'd be annoyed, but without that, I'd say it's just okay. The visuals are amazing, and some of parts of the plot are truly fascinating, but the parts that try to relate to the books feel like the weakest part of the series.

Man, Ted Lasso has come on strong.  First season was pretty good, it was good enough to keep me engaged.  Second season has been fantastic, just finished it this morning.  One of those shows that'll have you discovering how ****ing dusty your living room is all of a sudden and then have you laughing the next minute.  

And for a show that's only about 30-35 minutes an episode, I think they do a really great job of developing multiple characters and handling multiple storylines.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wheel of Time drops 11/19. Very excited 

I'm trying to temper my excitement.  I tend to enjoy shows more if I keep my expectations in check.  Also, I think they are going to have a new actor play Matt in the 2nd season.  Seems like a pretty big change considering Matt is a major character in the books.

Edited by Nerm
  • Like 1

Dopesick is really good.  It's harrowing.  It's really ****ing with me that I know the story doesn't end in justice.  Makes me feel like I did after watching the Big Short.

On 11/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, Nerm said:

I'm trying to temper my excitement.  I tend to enjoy shows more if I keep my expectations in check.  Also, I think they are going to have a new actor play Matt in the 2nd season.  Seems like a pretty big change considering Matt is a major character in the books.

That's the one black mark I've read about the show thus far.  Something happened with the actor who plays him in season 1, and I don't think anyone covering the show has figured out what it was.  He could have had personal problems.  But it's not great to have to recast the best character in the series after just one year.

I'm still extremely excited for the show though.  Everything I've read about the production has been impressive.  This show could have never been made in LA or Atlanta.  It's production logistics are mind boggling, and it took Amazon pockets + Prague labor and prices to make possible.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2020 at 2:05 AM, China said:

Breakthrough in mystery of Tiger King star's missing husband? Cadaver dogs 'pick up scent of human remains' near home of Carole Baskin's ex-husband as his family sue her over his 1997 disappearance

Cadaver dogs appear to have picked up the scent of human remains near a Florida lake house belonging to Carole Baskin's missing husband, Don Lewis.  

Lewis - who started a Tampa animal sanctuary which later became Big Cat Rescue Corp - vanished a day before a scheduled trip to Costa Rica back in 1997. 

Despite the fact he was legally declared dead back in 2002, his disappearance garnered global interest earlier this year following Baskin's star appearance in the Netflix documentary, Tiger King. 

Lewis' remains have never been found and Baskin denies having anything to do his disappearance. However, her arch nemesis, Joseph 'Joe Exotic' Maldonado-Passage, has made wild claims that she fed Lewis to tigers.

Click on the link for the full article

Judge won’t rule in time to stop ‘Tiger King 2′ premiere

The show will go on as scheduled for Netflix’s Tiger King 2.

Married Tiger King stars Carole and Howard Baskin appeared in federal court Monday as their lawyer argued that the sequel would cause irreparable harm to the Baskins if released as planned on Nov. 17.

The hearing in the Tampa-based U.S. Middle District of Florida regarded the Baskins’ request for an injunction to halt the release of the documentary while their lawsuit against Netflix and Tiger King’s producers moves forward.

“You can’t put the genie back in the bottle if it comes out,” said the Baskins’ attorney, Frank R. Jakes.

That lawsuit accuses the producers of Tiger King 2 of using unauthorized footage of the Baskins. Jakes argued Monday that releases the Baskins signed for the original Tiger King documentary did not mention or apply to sequels. The Baskins run the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa.

Magistrate Judge Thomas Wilson did not issue a ruling on Monday, sounding exasperated as he explained that even if he chose to issue an injunction, he had no time to do it before the premiere, less than 48 hours away.

“It just isn’t going to happen that something will be done by the 17th,” Wilson said.

The Baskins’ attorney said his clients had no issue with Tiger King 2 being released — if the show first removed footage taken of the couple that was covered in the releases.

Defense attorneys argued that delaying the release would hurt Tiger King 2′s marketing momentum, and that re-editing the documentary at this point would be a massive undertaking. The process would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, they said, and cause months of delays.

Click on the link for the full article

16 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Dopesick is really good.  It's harrowing.  It's really ****ing with me that I know the story doesn't end in justice.  Makes me feel like I did after watching the Big Short.

That's the one black mark I've read about the show thus far.  Something happened with the actor who plays him in season 1, and I don't think anyone covering the show has figured out what it was.  He could have had personal problems.  But it's not great to have to recast the best character in the series after just one year.

I'm still extremely excited for the show though.  Everything I've read about the production has been impressive.  This show could have never been made in LA or Atlanta.  It's production logistics are mind boggling, and it took Amazon pockets + Prague labor and prices to make possible.

I’m glad I watched Dopesick.  I hesitate to write I enjoyed it because of the content and the hopelessness you come away with.  My wife started it today and I rewatched a bit of the first episode with her.  It’s neat to watch it the second time because you see how things get set up.

The intro in the premiere of season 4 of Yellowstone may be some of the best television in history.  It's like 16 minutes long and just like HOLY ****ING **** the entire time.  It was simply fantastic TV and one of the scenes had a MAJOR Heat vibe to it.

God damn that show is just so good.  Beth is one of the best TV characters ever.  Out of any show.  She is just fantastic.  When I heard her talking with a (I think) British accent in some BTS thing I was blown away.  I had no clue she was not American.

I'm like 6 eps into Narcos Mexico Season 3 and that is fantastic as well.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:58 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wheel of Time drops 11/19. Very excited 

On 11/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, Nerm said:

I'm trying to temper my excitement.  I tend to enjoy shows more if I keep my expectations in check.  

I may have failed in my attempt to temper my excitement.  My first clue is that I was checking for the exact time that Prime is going to release the first few episodes.  I'm hearing that it may be as early as 8 pm eastern tonight, as that would be 12am GMT of the 19th.  They have used midnight GMT to release some other titles.

I have a feeling that I will be switching out of the NFL game tonight frequently to see I it has released yet.  I have not tried to watch anything the moment it is released since GOT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nerm said:

I may have failed in my attempt to temper my excitement.  My first clue is that I was checking for the exact time that Prime is going to release the first few episodes.  I'm hearing that it may be as early as 8 pm eastern tonight, as that would be 12am GMT of the 19th.  They have used midnight GMT to release some other titles.

I have a feeling that I will be switching out of the NFL game tonight frequently to see I it has released yet.  I have not tried to watch anything the moment it is released since GOT.

damn didn’t know that. Ugh, I will keep an eye on it too