Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

38 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Hide contents

I absolutely loved when they went meta on this in the second season and had the guard criticizing the bard: "Not your strongest...took me to the fourth verse to understand they were different time lines".

I actually quite enjoyed the different time lines from the first season.

Pretty funny but that guy was right!

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Hide contents

I absolutely loved when they went meta on this in the second season and had the guard criticizing the bard: "Not your strongest...took me to the fourth verse to understand they were different time lines".

I actually quite enjoyed the different time lines from the first season.

I don’t know if you played the game, but I’d bet everyone that did recognized that guards voice.  Including a voice actor from the game was a nice nod to fans of the franchise.  

• Thumb up 1

Really enjoying both the Witcher season 2 and wheel of time. Never read Witcher and didn’t like the games but the series is awesome. Cavill is a perfect Geralt imo. I really liked the switching timelines of season 1 since it was obvious right away and then it became fun piecing it together. Season 2 is more straightforward but I like the story they are telling and what they are setting up 

never read wheel of time either but I just finished episode 6 and I don’t see the problems others are having. I think the world and character building has been well done and I’m engaged and interested in the characters, though Rand and Nynaeve I’m not a huge fan of. also that red sister has the most insane jaw line I’ve ever seen on a human being. It’s genuinely distracting in every scene cuz she looks like a Dick Tracey villain . 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

never read wheel of time either but I just finished episode 6 and I don’t see the problems others are having. I think the world and character building has been well done and I’m engaged and interested in the characters, though Rand and Nynaeve I’m not a huge fan of. also that red sister has the most insane jaw line I’ve ever seen on a human being. It’s genuinely distracting in every scene cuz she looks like a Dick Tracey villain . 

I think you'll enjoy it more not having read the books.  It's not a faithful adaptation and some of the choices they've made have been disappointing and alienating to book readers.  For me, I think many of the problems I've had with their choices stem from the show having agendas that go way beyond trying to bring RJ's books to life on screen.  Reacting to and trying to revise and outdo the Game of Thrones show (I can't believe how openly they've talked about this as a motivation for WoT), revolving the show around all of these feminist and LGBT messages, etc.  It feels like they're exploiting a benchmark high fantasy IP to make a pile of money and land political points.  One of the biggest reasons Peter Jackson's remains the unchallenged golden standard of high fantasy film adaptation is because, whatever the studio's goals may have been, the creative team's sole agenda was to faithfully bring Tolkien's story and world to life on screen.

All of that said, I thought it was still a quality TV series up until episode 8.  I enjoyed it up until that point, whereas I did not enjoy Game of Thrones, and I am a bigger fan of the WoT books than ASOIAF.  They flubbed the landing and I felt like that one episode was bad and that it kind of spoiled the season for me.  But it's also hard for me to separate my disappointment from what I expected in the adaptation from disappointment in the choices they made in trying to tell the differentiated story of the TV series.  It left me feeling mixed about the future of the series.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Pretty funny but that guy was right!

I was lost af watching the first time around, but I watched it all over again before starting S2, and strangely it all made sense. And it was better than the first watch.

Went into it the first time judging it for what I wanted it to be, vs what was on the screen, and I think a lot of other people did the same. It was easy to get swept up in confusion.

The Expanse is really good but man this doesn’t feel like the penultimate episode to a series. Felt like a random season 3 episode 2 or something. 

Focusing on the war has just lowered the stakes so much. The opening scenes inside the ring, which is purely just strip for the books since they won’t get to that in the show storyline at all, is way more interesting to me. Sucks that it’s going out on such a whimper, even though the episodes have all been great. Just feels like something is off 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 12:36 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think you'll enjoy it more not having read the books.  It's not a faithful adaptation and some of the choices they've made have been disappointing and alienating to book readers.  For me, I think many of the problems I've had with their choices stem from the show having agendas that go way beyond trying to bring RJ's books to life on screen.  Reacting to and trying to revise and outdo the Game of Thrones show (I can't believe how openly they've talked about this as a motivation for WoT), revolving the show around all of these feminist and LGBT messages, etc.  It feels like they're exploiting a benchmark high fantasy IP to make a pile of money and land political points.  One of the biggest reasons Peter Jackson's remains the unchallenged golden standard of high fantasy film adaptation is because, whatever the studio's goals may have been, the creative team's sole agenda was to faithfully bring Tolkien's story and world to life on screen.

All of that said, I thought it was still a quality TV series up until episode 8.  I enjoyed it up until that point, whereas I did not enjoy Game of Thrones, and I am a bigger fan of the WoT books than ASOIAF.  They flubbed the landing and I felt like that one episode was bad and that it kind of spoiled the season for me.  But it's also hard for me to separate my disappointment from what I expected in the adaptation from disappointment in the choices they made in trying to tell the differentiated story of the TV series.  It left me feeling mixed about the future of the series.

I finished it and did enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing where it all goes. Have tons of questions though 

what didn’t you like about the finale? Was it the way the encounter with the dark one was depicted?  

32 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They are doing a new Battlestar Galactica tv show for the Pea**** Streaming service. They are also making a movie. The movie and New tv show will share the same universe.

The question I have here concerns the replacement for number 6.  I can't see anyone living up to the, umm, high standard that has been set.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

The question I have here concerns the replacement for number 6.  I can't see anyone living up to the, umm, high standard that has been set.

I don’t know if it’s a reboot of that version of the show.  It might be its own thing.

The Boys: Season 3- Herogasm drops June 3rd. 1st 3 episodes, then weekly after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don’t know if it’s a reboot of that version of the show.  It might be its own thing.

It would have to be, she's incomparable.  I was being tongue in cheek a little too.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

I’m into Succession these days

**** off.  My favorite catch phrase in years.  Brian Cox delivers it properly.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, KAOSkins said:

**** off.  My favorite catch phrase in years.  Brian Cox delivers it properly.

I've absorbed it oh so quickly.

There's a German series, I caught a trailer briefly and it was real interesting but I don't have a name. Hoping someone knows it.

It's like a serial killer mystery, but with occult connections. Maybe. That's part of the tease.