Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

For you Doctor Who fans, a rumor is now breaking. David Tennet supposedly is returning as the 14th Doctor for 3 specials, including the 60th anniversary. He will then regenerate into the 15th Doctor for Series 14.

I read that last night but I'd be stunned if it happens. I'd also feel cheated to only have him again for 3 episodes. 

This is not a series but Amazon Prime has a show / movie called The Snowy Day which is based on the book with the same name. It's for kids but my kids love that book and this movie. Rubber watched it probably a dozen times. They have it memorized. They sit at the table just trading lines from the movie. 

A friend has just turned me on to The Righteous Gemstones.  It's in its second season on HBO, earlier episodes are available on demand, at least on Comcast.  John Goodman plays this televangelist  and his family is most of the cast. It's pretty much brilliant. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3

Haven't seen it mentioned in here, but Maid on Netflix was really good.  I was unaware that Margaret Qualley is Andie Macdowell's real life daughter, I've always liked her in everything I've seen her in.    

A young mom leaves her abusive boyfriend and ends up working as a maid while living in a domestic violence shelter.  

A show about domestic violence survivors and the struggles of young mothers, Maid was written and directed almost exclusively by women. I felt that was huge

Limited series, there will be no S2.  94% on rotten with 46 critic reviews. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:53 PM, Chew said:

I really enjoy this show.  Music is definitely top notch.  Granted, this show way over the top, but I feel like no other show/movie has help me to connect with and understand Gen Z the way Euphoria does.  

Did you see the 1-hour special episode with Zendaya and Colman Domingo in the diner?  It was a stand alone Christmas special in 2020.  Man, it was standing ovation good.  

Yes sir I did. Amazing, as are both actors. This show is top-notch! Last night's episode was "okay" but it's the first episode that didn't leave me drop-jawed.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Words cannot express how much I hate Wendy Byrde from Ozarks. I really hope she dies before this series is over. She’s awful 

You are right. I went back to season 3 before watching season 4 to get back in the flow. I also noticed how annoying she can be. I also don't like the fact she actually looks older than Marty, For some reason I can't get past that. 

51 minutes ago, zskins said:

You are right. I went back to season 3 before watching season 4 to get back in the flow. I also noticed how annoying she can be. I also don't like the fact she actually looks older than Marty, For some reason I can't get past that. 

shes not redeemable. Marty can still be redeemed imo in the eyes of the audience because although he has done really ****ty horrific things, the way Bateman plays it, it just feels like **** he has to deal with or something he is responding to. Wendy loves this madness and power trip and goes out of her way to ruin people’s lives. She’s evil and I hate that smug satisfied look that’s always in her face like she is just the best thing in the world. 

she has to die. 

as for season 4…

Spoiler

It was enjoyable and very entertaining. The show has kinda jumped the shark with how easily everything always comes together. Like wow Wendy you have $150 million to spread across 5-6 state’s elections? That doesn’t go that far. You and several hundred  other people have money and influence like that, the difference is they aren’t connected to the cartel. There is no way any politician or kingmaker would choose to funnel election services through Wendy rather than an established political contact or donor. She’s been around 5 minutes in comparison. 

the ending sets up really well for an action packed finish though with Wyatt being killed and the fallout of that. 

if Ruth and Marty can make it out alive, I don’t care about anyone else. Ruth is 1A please survive and Marty is a close second. 

I also don’t like how they ripped off Breaking Bar’s time skip ahead of the final season showing a scene yet to come and now we know based on that conversation several things occur. It also dramatically lowered the stakes and tension of part 1 regarding the family since it was obvious nothing happened to them. It worked for BB because it only showed Walter buying a gun. 

it’s an entertaining show but not top shelf stuff. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

shes not redeemable. Marty can still be redeemed imo in the eyes of the audience because although he has done really ****ty horrific things, the way Bateman plays it, it just feels like **** he has to deal with or something he is responding to. Wendy loves this madness and power trip and goes out of her way to ruin people’s lives. She’s evil and I hate that smug satisfied look that’s always in her face like she is just the best thing in the world. 

she has to die. 

as for season 4…

Reveal hidden contents

It was enjoyable and very entertaining. The show has kinda jumped the shark with how easily everything always comes together. Like wow Wendy you have $150 million to spread across 5-6 state’s elections? That doesn’t go that far. You and several hundred  other people have money and influence like that, the difference is they aren’t connected to the cartel. There is no way any politician or kingmaker would choose to funnel election services through Wendy rather than an established political contact or donor. She’s been around 5 minutes in comparison. 

the ending sets up really well for an action packed finish though with Wyatt being killed and the fallout of that. 

if Ruth and Marty can make it out alive, I don’t care about anyone else. Ruth is 1A please survive and Marty is a close second. 

I also don’t like how they ripped off Breaking Bar’s time skip ahead of the final season showing a scene yet to come and now we know based on that conversation several things occur. It also dramatically lowered the stakes and tension of part 1 regarding the family since it was obvious nothing happened to them. It worked for BB because it only showed Walter buying a gun. 

it’s an entertaining show but not top shelf stuff. 

Didn’t read your hidden comments as I haven’t seen the final episode of the first part of season 4.  Do we know when the second part gets released?

Liked season 1.

Was going to drop it after season 2.

Loved season 3.

Find season 4 completely absurd, but am enjoying it.

Ugh, I am annoyed that I can't get into Season 4 of Ozark yet.  Fiance and I started it last year as she hadn't seen it.  And now she wanted to watch it again because we didn't make it all the way through last year and she couldn't remember where we left off....so we plowed through the first season over the weekend.  

I can't be too mad at it though, it's a great reminder of why I liked it so much to begin with.  I constantly float back and forth between this and Breaking Bad and I can't decide which one I like better. 

4 hours ago, zskins said:

On 1/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Words cannot express how much I hate Wendy Byrde from Ozarks. I really hope she dies before this series is over. She’s awful 

I hate you both. 

She's nowhere near the wet blanket that Skyler White was in Breaking Bad.  I ****ing hated Skyler White (Anna Gunn did an amazing job, IMO).  All of the women in that show were written as buzzkill wet blankets.  Skyler was all-in on Walter's scheme but then when she got too close and realized it was a dirty business she got all ****y and scared and pulled out.  She benefitted from what he was doing and incessantly whined about everything.   

At least Wendy is all in.  I agree that Marty seems to always been waffling on what to do and feels bad about it...Wendy doesn't seem to give a ****.  She's ruthless.  I admire it.

I agree though, she does look older than Marty which is weird.  But she also has that kind of suburban mom look where you think she couldn't be a conniving sociopath...if she was hot and younger looking, she might be more aligned with that.  But she's got the frump factor which makes her unassuming.  

If I had to be in a foxhole with either one of them, give me Wendy any day of the week.  I'd know she'd have my back and not abandon me as soon as **** got thick.  

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Didn’t read your hidden comments as I haven’t seen the final episode of the first part of season 4.  Do we know when the second part gets released?

Liked season 1.

Was going to drop it after season 2.

Loved season 3.

Find season 4 completely absurd, but am enjoying it.

May 2022.

• Thanks 1

If anyone is looking for an underrated show and doesn't have any shower on their list you should give   My Name  on Netflix a chance.  It's a Korean base show about a daughter wanting revenge for her dad's murder.   Its in English, however, the subtitles doesn't match on what the character is saying.  I literally finished the first season in 2 days.  

• Like 1