Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Been calling folks like I said I would.

I..need to space this out more.  Every conversation has been worth it...but I can only do so many of these in one day because of where they keep ending up.

For example one of my former coworkers who visited me when I was in the hospital for over a week was telling me her mom was giving up on chemo but they wouldn't let her visit her because of this virus going around.

Heed my warning..prioritize your relationships and your own mental health in all this. Pick whichever order works best for you.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Been calling folks like I said I would.

I..need to space this out more.  Every conversation has been worth it...but I can only do so many of these in one day because of where they keep ending up.

For example one of my former coworkers who visited me when I was in the hospital for over a week was telling me her mom was giving up on chemo but they wouldn't let her visit her because of this virus going around.

Heed my warning..prioritize your relationships and your own mental health in all this. Pick whichever order works best for you.

I called one of my best friends tonight and talked to him for an hour. He just wanted to rant about the Democratic primaries so I heard him out and we had some laughs about the whole mess. 

Probably should start calling a friend or family member every day, just one a day like you said, and keep a rotation going. It's healthy to keep in contact. The last thing I want is two months of radio silence. 

• Like 1

Day 1 of homeschooling my daughter (what her private school calls e school).  What I suspected was true, has now been proven: I am not a teacher.  Also, do we really need to be marching during music time?  I mean literal marching, knees high and all that.  The economy is melting down all around me and I’m marching around the living room to patriotic tunes like some sort of lunatic.  I’m not entirely sure her music teacher isn’t trolling me.  

Does fishing count as a PE activity?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

If you haven't heard of the game called Blasphemous, I recommend you check it out.  It's on sale for $14.99 on Switch (normally $24.99) and there is a demo.  I just played the demo for like 45 minutes and bought the game just now.  I'm pretty sure it's on all 3 major consoles and PC.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

I don't have Xbox Live anymore.  Does that mean this cheaper than $10 game pass thing isn't a reality?

Not that it's a deal breaker anyways or anything.

No, no, no.  They have a temp deal where you can get gamepass for $1, if you haven't gotten it. 

The lifehack is to buy 3 years of Xbox Live Gold (maybe $50 per month depending on deal) and then do the $1 per month game pass.  So you get 3 years of gamepass for $151...

Ok, its actually game pass ultimate that will convert.  

15 hours ago, Hersh said:

how much are you drinking every day? I’m not judging but maybe reflect if you are having a few drinks daily

I’m drinking 750 ml a day on weekends. Probably 1/4 that weekdays. But on weekends it’s an all day thing from noon to 10 pm so not even close to black out. I think it’s not an unreasonable amount.

• Like 1

Caught a HUGE break! My wife works for the county here and they have been dithering about a corona response while requiring her to come in daily to an office which has a lot of public access. Yesterday they finally decided to act, she's going to be able to work from home, rerouted her office phones to the house and brought home her necessary paperwork and folders. Today I am rearranging things to give her a comfy setup w/ a laptop, going to run an ethernet cable to it if the wireless isn't enough, etc., but no more F2F with others. I am massively relieved, she has health issues anyway ( only 30% lung capacity on one side, etc. ) so my stress-o-meter just plunged. So far the reports locally have the virus popping up in limited sectors but I was trying to explain to her how exponential growth is going to explode, and soon. 

So our exposure will be limited to just me for vital supplies when needed which I'll do with a sharpened "social distancing" stick 😋

• Like 9

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m drinking 750 ml a day on weekends. Probably 1/4 that weekdays. But on weekends it’s an all day thing from noon to 10 pm so not even close to black out. I think it’s not an unreasonable amount.

55FE5DDA-A373-48F6-845A-3F97AFD202FB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So I bought 150 pounds of concrete and a post hole digger yesterday at home depot to fix the supports on my batting cage in my backyard, so I can keep my kids skills up for the next month.  The guy in the masonry aisle asked me what I was doing, and I told him that I was building an underground bunker.  He didn't seem overly surprised though.....  I guess they've been getting some preppers there.

• Haha 4

Went for a 3.75 mile run this morning.  Didn't come in contact with anyone, didn't touch anything until I got home.  Was nice to get out.  From the reading I've done, running outside is relatively safe.  I don't mind being in the apartment all day (yet) but I gotta get out for at least a few minutes at some point.

The Buffalo mayor asking people to celebrate Tom Brady leaving the division responsibly is pretty funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

get a piece of paper and a pen.

think back 3 months. what were all the little things you fit into your various routines that made you happy? maybe it was a podcast, finding a new show on netflix to binge watch, a book, maybe you liked finding new music or just listening to old.

write all those things down.

the consumption of information right now can consume your thoughts; can consume your day. in order to make room for that, you push out everything else; including the little things you've built into your daily/weekly routine to make you happy over the years.

every so often, during the day, look at your list and set aside 30-60 minutes to do something from that list.

don't let the news and worry consume you. don't ignore it, it's too important to ignore; just don't let it consume you at the expense of forgetting what it is you actually take joy in doing from time to time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

55FE5DDA-A373-48F6-845A-3F97AFD202FB.jpeg

So that's only a 5th of liquor over a 10 hour period.  Like 17 shots in 10 hours.  4 shots on a weekday (i.e. 2 martinis).  So not that big a deal really.

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Welp, my gym closed until further notice.  Gonna have to Rocky IV this ****.

I like this version better

Edited by kfrankie
  • Like 1