Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I just ordered one. Why are they still hard to get? Gamestop had them in stock so I pulled the trigger. My son has been wanting one and I figured I have to give him more screen time now in this current situation to make it more tolerable. I like Mario cart on wii before so I'm buying that. Any other game suggestions for younger kids?

Old school Leisure Suit Larry for the PC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I just ordered one. Why are they still hard to get? Gamestop had them in stock so I pulled the trigger. My son has been wanting one and I figured I have to give him more screen time now in this current situation to make it more tolerable. I like Mario cart on wii before so I'm buying that. Any other game suggestions for younger kids?

They aren't hard to get.

EDIT:

Unless the rona has something to do with distribution/production of em.

Edited by purbeast

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I checked amazon, Best Buy, target and Walmart all sold out. Only game stop had them. Don’t know why.

Meant to quote your earlier, but there is a Legend of Zelda game for the Switch that is geared more towards kids.  Links Awakening.  They loved it, but they're too young for Zelda games that require more effort.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Meant to quote your earlier, but there is a Legend of Zelda game for the Switch that is geared more towards kids.  Links Awakening.  They loved it, but they're too young for Zelda games that require more effort.

As a 38 year old, Link's Awakening was one of my favorite games of this generation.

• Like 2

Day 2 of homeschooling a 1st grader.  Things went more smoothly than yesterday.  Knocked out all the major subjects, crushed snack time like a pro, and dusted off the old reading skills for library story time.  Lunch probably should have included a vegetable of some sort, but whatever she ate it.  Everything was great until PE.  We chose to go outside for some basketball and I sort of yelled at a kid for running into my daughter on his scooter.  He might have cried, I can’t be sure.  

• Haha 4

Just now, KAOSkins said:

I've noticed that the spammed number calls have stopped cold the last few days.  I guess dank, crowded phone centers in Mumbai aren't looking all that attractive as a workplace.

They haven't stopped here, between them, robocalls and sales calls I am ready to turn off the phone

Just now, KAOSkins said:

I've noticed that the spammed number calls have stopped cold the last few days.  I guess dank, crowded phone centers in Mumbai aren't looking all that attractive as a workplace.

Yeah, Officer Jenkins (thick Indian accent) from the Social Security Administration hasn't called me lately.

Last time he called, a couple months back, I played along. I had some time on my hands, so I figured what the hell. I immediately took on a feeble, tentative, old man sounding voice.  I sounded shocked and concerned that I might owe money and did NOT want to be arrested, as he threatened.  [I could hear the fishing line being reeled in.]  Needless to say, my hearing wasn't so good, so I had to ask him to repeat himself.  Very often. With almost everything he said.  Every time he gave me a number (his badge number -(really!)  the case number, etc.) I would repeat it back to him but - oops, I would get a couple numbers transposed.  I sensed Officer Jenkins was getting frustrated several times, but he managed to stay calm.  At one point he told me to write down the address of an office.  That's when I almost blew it from stifling laughter.  The address was a street "Ocean Boulevard" in El Paso Texas. I SO wanted to say "El Paso is a thousand miles from any ocean you stupid miserable ****," but i held off.

I was about done by the time he asked me to go get my check book and tell him how much money was currently in the account.  Of course it took me many many minutes to find my check book. I loudly shuffled papers and opened drawers into the phone so he knew I was diligently looking for it. 

He then asked for my full name and address.  "First name Nunyo." "Last name Goddam Business" you ****ing asshole.  Does your mother know you are cheating old people out of their money you slimy son of a ****?" 

*Click*

It was worth it.  If nothing else it kept him from scamming someone for a while.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

I’ve still been getting the political ones. They’re easy to get rid of now because I just reply that we don’t know if we’re goinv to be able to pay our bills. I guess they don’t have a quick flip chart response for that one because they wrap things up quickly after that.

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Yeah, Officer Jenkins (thick Indian accent) from the Social Security Administration hasn't called me lately....

He then asked for my full name and address.  "First name Nunyo." "Last name Goddam Business" you ****ing asshole.  Does your mother know you are cheating old people out of their money you slimy son of a ****?" 

*Click*

It was worth it.  If nothing else it kept him from scamming someone for a while.

I did something similar a few weeks ago. Unlike my usual, I actually answered the phone and it was some chick cold calling to buy our house. I told her it was a coincidence because I’d been thinking about it. When she asked how much, I told her 100. 100 thousand she asked? No, a hundred bucks I said. I was sure she was going to laugh and hang up but you never know when you’ve got a genuine sucker on the line so she proceeds to go through a long questionnaire. Towards the end I finally told her I was just yanking her chain and she actually had the nerve to get a little salty. She said “So, you were just wasting my time then?” Yep, I replied. I figured if you were going to waste mine, the least I could do was return the favor. *CLICK*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Sisko, I'm more tolerant of people just trying to earn an honest buck - even if annoying.  If I get caught on the phone with one, I'll firmly - but always politely - say thanks but not interested.  It's a whole different story for people trying to scam, though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, youngestson said:

My old Call of Duty habit has returned with a vengeance. I have saved western democracy from Nazi oppression several times now. 

Call of Duty 2 was the best game in the series. It was also the first game, but that completely doesn't give me bias or anything.

SERGEANT RANDLE, THE GUNS ARE GONE. THEY'RE NOT HERE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

How young?

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

As a 38 year old, Link's Awakening was one of my favorite games of this generation.

Link's Awakening was always one of my favorites as a kid on the game boy. 

The creators of this game had free reign to do whatever they wanted, which is really rare for a big title like a Zelda game: 

The Story of Zelda: Link's Awakening | Gaming Historian   (youtube) 

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Zelda Breath of the Wild.  My seven year old loves it almost as much as my wife.  Great game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Yeah, Officer Jenkins (thick Indian accent) from the Social Security Administration hasn't called me lately.

Last time he called, a couple months back, I played along. I had some time on my hands, so I figured what the hell. I immediately took on a feeble, tentative, old man sounding voice.  I sounded shocked and concerned that I might owe money and did NOT want to be arrested, as he threatened. 

I usually go with full-on, hysterical panic. 

• Haha 1