Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What's your recipe?

Lea & Perrins marinate, seasoning salt, onion/garlic powder, celery seed, old bay, cayenne or chipotle pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and crushed Ritz crackers.

I marinate at least for one hour, then bake it ( at °420 covered for 15 and uncovered for 15) or grill it (skin side down for 6-7 minutes and flipping it over for a few more minutes), then topping it off with melted butter

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Thanks.  We'll be fine, it's just that she seems to be under the impression that peapod orders "come from the factory" so if there's a shortage at the store we'll still get what we've ordered. 

So are peapod and similar online orders filled/picked from inventory at the store, i.e. whatever is there from our order on Wednesday at 9:00pm will be in our delivery on Thursday at 8:00am?  Or is the source different?

Not positive but I'd say the source is both their stores and warehouses. (Peapod = GIANT/Food Lion) 

While its possible you will get items from the warehouse that are sold out on the shelf they still might be  Out of Stock for certain items regardless.  (even during normal times)

I'm not positive but I don't think they add substitute items or notify you if something was out of stock. Its just noted on the invoice as Out of Stock or something like that.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lea & Perrins marinate, seasoning salt, onion/garlic powder, celery seed, old bay, cayenne or chipotle pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and crushed Ritz crackers.

I marinate at least for one hour, then bake it ( at °420 covered for 15 and uncovered for 15) or grill it (skin side down for 6-7 minutes and flipping it over for a few more minutes), then topping it off with melted butter

Sounds awesome! I use soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic & pepper, (or sometimes a ginger teriyaki sesame marinade from the farmers market), bake skin down at 375 for 10 minutes,  then broil for 2 minutes so the top is just a teensy bit done but it's medium on the inside. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, visionary said:

I got it for like three months for a $1.  That only works if it's the first time though, if they're still doing that.  It's 5 a month right now for me.

When you subscribe to gamepass, all your xbox live converts the game pass... so the trick is to buy xbox live out to 36 months and then purchase 1 month of gamepass (and then cancel). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Interesting.  I never seem to know what to do with fish.  My go to for salmon is lemon juice, sour cream and dill.

Well this is great.  I found out just now that I may not be able to go back to work for 14 days because I traveled outside the OCONUS in the past 14 days.

So you can fly to NYC and be in NYC and come to work no problem, but flying to St. Thomas to a little ass airport, where there are no confirmed cases on the island, requires a 14 day "quarantine". 

Makes perfect sense considering who the customer is.

6 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

When you subscribe to gamepass, all your xbox live converts the game pass... so the trick is to buy xbox live out to 36 months and then purchase 1 month of gamepass (and then cancel). 

I don't have an x box.  I just used it on my pc, because I mostly play ps4 or pc.   I'm probably going to get psnow for a year because I've been saving up ps4 credit ad there's a bunch of older games I've been wanting to play.

Edited by visionary

7 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I don't have Xbox Live anymore.  Does that mean this cheaper than $10 game pass thing isn't a reality?

Not that it's a deal breaker anyways or anything.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Thanks.  I will sign up for the Ultimate one for $1 whenever I want to start Ori.  Now that I can't work for 14 days most likely, there has never been a better time!

1 hour ago, China said:

Interesting.  I never seem to know what to do with fish.  My go to for salmon is lemon juice, sour cream and dill.

I usually just go for trout or salmon. Not many recipes, but they get the job done every time. Lot of people have said my salmon is the best they've had, so I've never found the urge to expand the repertoire 

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Watching Master Distiller, a competition show where 3 rednecks judge 3 other rednecks making moonshine. I’m rooting for the WV guy, who is both country AF and a biochemist. LOL. 

WV shine is second to none. I've actually had some that was extremely smooth. Loved it, and I didn't even get smashed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

WV shine is second to none. I've actually had some that was extremely smooth. Loved it, and I didn't even get smashed. 

Ive had quite a lot meself. Can’t recall ever not getting smashed tho. 

2779D7BD-BA42-4628-8279-137B9F45795C.jpeg

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2