Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

4 hours ago, Destino said:

How does one order a pizza while self quarantining?  Think they’d just leave on the door step and run away if I asked them too?

Teaching wife how to make her first pizza, she's caught between how to make it how she wants the pizza she buys and making one for first time.  At some point she started picking up random stuff to see what makes sense.

*picks up teriyaki sauce

*shakes head no

*picks up marsala wine

*eyes wide, shakes head

*picks up Parmesan cheese

tenor (25).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Not sure if anyone else watches Live PD, but right now Live PD Wanted is on and they aren't in the studio and are instead all doing it from their homes via skype or something.  Pretty cool.  I'm assuming the episode tomorrow will be the same.

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

I setup my own little make shift workshop in my backyard.

And now I feel like a boss cause I cut all this **** for my arcade project.

Although my back needs a break cause those chairs are low to the ground lol.

So did you end up borrowing a vehicle to get the materials, or did you have them cut it up for you?

Also, cutting the stuff in the backyard... was that cut by hand, or did you use power tools.  I really struggle to get precision cuts unless I use a table saw.  Nice work.

Working my ass off and then working late to get parts only to come home to a sewer  main clog.

and a wife that hates to be inconvenienced.......just ****ing shoot me already.

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s been mentioned, you’re not alone.  I’m not too interested in shaving it all off either.  

Then rock that long hair and look into starting an 80s hair band that streams together.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Nerm said:

So did you end up borrowing a vehicle to get the materials, or did you have them cut it up for you?

Also, cutting the stuff in the backyard... was that cut by hand, or did you use power tools.  I really struggle to get precision cuts unless I use a table saw.  Nice work.

They actually have 2x4 and getting 2 of those was enough for what I needed, so I could fit those in my car easily.

I used a circular saw to do all the cutting.  The clamps was holding the guide to the wood I was cutting so I could just run it along that.  It took a while to get each piece setup to cut, but the actual cutting took like 5 seconds per piece lol.  

It would have been so much easier with a table saw for sure lol.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Have you all already discussed haircuts? Cause I really need a haircut 😕

GD, good point.  I've been cutting my own hair for about 10 years now, but I can see a lot of folks coming out of this looking like Robin Williams in Jumanji.

giphy (2).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s been mentioned, you’re not alone.  I’m not too interested in shaving it all off either.  

I have been trying to get my beard to connect for like a year and the advice I keep getting is to just “let it wolf”. I try, but after about a month I usually can’t stand the way I look and feel it’s unprofessional. 

Well a month was Monday, and now I’m basically one of like 5 people on my floor since the majority of the building is teleworking. It’s the facial hair opportunity of a life time. I’m equal parts scared and excited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I have been trying to get my beard to connect for like a year and the advice I keep getting is to just “let it wolf”. I try, but after about a month I usually can’t stand the way I look and feel it’s unprofessional. 

Well a month was Monday, and now I’m basically one of like 5 people on my floor since the majority of the building is teleworking. It’s the facial hair opportunity of a life time. I’m equal parts scared and excited.

similar situation. Nothing will grow around my mouth. Can grow a beard down halfway across my cheek so it looks like a burnt pork chop stuck on the side of my face. 

grew it out once to see what happened and had two people call me wolverine so I immediately went home and shaved. Daring to venture out again and see if anything has changed. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

similar situation. Nothing will grow around my mouth. Can grow a beard down halfway across my cheek so it looks like a burnt pork chop stuck on the side of my face. 

grew it out once to see what happened and had two people call me wolverine so I immediately went home and shaved. Daring to venture out again and see if anything has changed. 

Chances are it won't. I can grow facial hair everywhere except the middle part of my chin that line from middle of beard to soul patch wont grow thick. I'm 33 and still nope. 

I can't grow facial hair. I tried letting mine grow out for a month, best I could do was sparse upper lip hair that looked like it was a balding woolly bear caterpillar. The rest down my chin was slightly thicker, but not by much. Seeing someone at college a year younger than me with a full beard made me so jealous lol

I work in a shop and face customers fairly often, so I shave and try to look professional, but I might just let it grow out. If athletes can let it grow out on their winning streaks and such without judgement, I can try it too. I've never been on a winning streak though, so I may be about to make a bad mistake lol

Edited by NickyJ

5 hours ago, Destino said:

How does one order a pizza while self quarantining?  Think they’d just leave on the door step and run away if I asked them too?

Does it matter cause you know they coughed/breathed on it while making it, then boxing it up.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, NickyJ said:

If you live alone, shave it all off. By the time it's safe to go out again, nobody will notice.

That’s what I’m doing. Fortunately I don’t look half bad with a short buzz and have rocked that before, even buying my own clippers. Need to find them or order new ones before the rest of you jerks buy them all. Just like the damn toilet paper and bidets on amazon.