Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

44 minutes ago, Destino said:

4- Students will be given a negative grade for describing events that took place during the school day in an unnecessarily negative manner.  For example “Mom, did you know dad yelled at a kid on the playground?  Because totally did!”  

Writing assignment: 100 words on what you think the phrase 'Snitches get stitches' means.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

trying to grow a roll of TP like you’d grow a plant 

Oh. Ok, I thought it might be something like that, but wasn't sure about the toothpicks.  

Just went for a walk and noticed the guy across the street walking pretty much side by side around his house with someone who I assume is a contractor, by his truck.  I think the neighbor just came back from Hawaii a couple of days ago too.  

Edited by visionary

17 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Should I buy one more videogame? I feel like after Friday, I will be sitting at home.

If you can afford it, and want it, there are only two answers. 
1- yes

2- wait for the next steam (or other online service) sale and then, yes.

i go for option 2 when I don’t have enough time to play immediately.  

• Like 2

I posted last year, the Trump toilet paper roll my sister got me.  I think I may have to actually use it.   Fortunately, my roommate bought a 36 pack Sam's before this all started. The local gas station near my house is carying a limit supply; so I should be able to get toilet paper if I run out.

• Haha 1

Totally anecdotal, but my wife just got back from her sonogram and all went well.  However the doctor she saw told her that she's been really involved with the stuff going on with CV and has been down at the White House for discussions with other medical experts, and she thinks that everything is going to be fine and what is going on right now will be on the shorter side of things.  The medical experts she has been around also agree.  Again, totally anecdotal so take it for what you will.

On another note, she said that there are pregnant women who got CV in Italy and China and they showed no symptoms or very mild symptoms, and the babies were all just fine.  So that was good to hear just in case.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

1- yes

Money is no object when it comes to my entertainment.

there are also so many fantastic games for like $15 - $30 that you can get.  Ones I'd recommend in that range, if you haven't played them yet.

The Messenger

Blasphemous

Ori Wil of the Wisps

I am just about done with The Messenger and may finish it tonight, then I will start Blasphemous.  After that I will check out Ori.  The original Ori is one of the best games this generation.  Hell you could probably grab that as well for like $10 or less.  I bought the physical copy in December for like $12 shipped on Amazon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

1- yes

The next Steam sale will be in late May if they keep to the same time as last year.

If I didn't have Red Dead Redemption 2, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Morrowind, and the whole Witcher series to go through, I'd probably be getting myself that new Star Wars game. I'm holding out for a steeper sale than $20 to make myself feel more frugal, but I might break down anyway.

36 minutes ago, purbeast said:

there are also so many fantastic games for like $15 - $30 that you can get.  Ones I'd recommend in that range, if you haven't played them yet.

The Messenger

Blasphemous

Ori Wil of the Wisps

I am just about done with The Messenger and may finish it tonight, then I will start Blasphemous.  After that I will check out Ori.  The original Ori is one of the best games this generation.  Hell you could probably grab that as well for like $10 or less.  I bought the physical copy in December for like $12 shipped on Amazon.

There are actually some indie games that I haven't bit the bullet on yet. I like to have one game of each genre on hand to satisfy whatever mood I'm in when I want to play.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

How does one order a pizza while self quarantining?  Think they’d just leave on the door step and run away if I asked them too?

I got one a couple days ago. Handled it with gloves, took it out of the cardboard, and onto the oven far a few minutes

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

How does one order a pizza while self quarantining?  Think they’d just leave on the door step and run away if I asked them too?

open the door and start coughing violently. Be ready to catch lol

• Haha 2