Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I wonder if more people are now going to (re)discover spam. As a Filipino by marriage (..edit I know it doesnt work that way 😁) I learned its gloriousness 20 years ago.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I ran around with a lovely young lady of Filipino/Hawaiian extraction for a couple years back in the day.  As such, I am quite familiar with Spam.

I feel like “gloriousness” is an overstatement.

Obligatory:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone want to join me in developing an opioid habit and getting back into Tribal Wars?

Forge of Empires is fun and if you need to take break for 5 minutes at some point you won't get wiped out.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I wonder what Hollywood is going to do.  I'm assuming at some point (hoping) that they release movies to iTunes or something instead of theatre releases so you can rent them.

And some will just be released on DVD and go 'straight to landfill' where they belong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@PleaseBlitz down for Tribal Wars.  It's been a long time.

I can see society falling apart and you fools will be setting your alarm for 2:30 am to counter that strike that's coming.  Most evil thing I've ever encountered online and I've seen some heinous ****. lol

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I might check that out.  20 is pricey but that's still less than the price of two tickets and if you get a bottle of water, soda, popcorn, etc.

I'd pay it if it were a good enough movie.  None of those available struck a note.

Edited by KAOSkins

1 minute ago, KAOSkins said:

I can see society falling apart and you fools will be setting your alarm for 2:30 am to counter that strike that's coming.  Most evil thing I've ever encountered online and I've seen some heinous ****. lol

I'd pay it if it were a good enough movie.  None of those available struck a note.

Yeah, I haven't even bothered to see what's in theatres lately.  Was more keeping an eye towards late spring and summer releases.  

7 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

I can see society falling apart and you fools will be setting your alarm for 2:30 am to counter that strike that's coming.

See this is the wrong way to look at it. It's early evening in South Korea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Had my Tai Chi class via Zoom this morning.  Filled out the Census as well.  I may have to break down and do some yard work.

8 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

“honey I’m gonna need you to watch the kids for awhile, I’ve gotta do the census”

Four minutes later... ugh back on duty 

Obligatory.

https://www.moddb.com/members/moxbestro/videos/christopher-walken

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Making my way thru the Best Motion Picture nominees...so far I’ve seen:

Parasite

Joker

JoJo Rabbit

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

i think Ford Vs Ferrari is next.

seen all those except Jojo Rabbit.  Enjoyed all of them.

Looking forward to 1918 and Rise of Skywalker.  Don’t know why Rise of Skywalker hasn’t been released in 4K hdr yet.  Kinda bummed cause I haven’t seen it yet.

practicing "strong" distancing when out and near-isolation in private life (had been pretty 'isolationist' the last year-plus by choice anyway) but not quarantined here

reading solely for fun and distraction for a change :)

returning to classic sci-fi 

e.e. doc smith's lensman series

asimov's foundation and robot novels

heinlein's future history novels/shorts

adams' horseclans

harlan ellison's dangerous visions anthology and his short stories

saberhagen's berserker  series

i'm already through the first on the list :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

seen all those except Jojo Rabbit.  Enjoyed all of them.

Looking forward to 1918 and Rise of Skywalker.  Don’t know why Rise of Skywalker hasn’t been released in 4K hdr yet.  Kinda bummed cause I haven’t seen it yet.

I thought JoJo Rabbit was hysterical lol...I saw The Rise Of Skywalker recently as well, it was entertaining but definitely had flaws that made me think they were trying to placate fans who didn't like The Last Jedi more than trying to make a great Star Wars movie. More than a few decisions had me rolling my eyes and saying "Oh, come on".

So much for thinking I'll be okay. 

The driver's side window on my Monte Carlo slid off the track halfway down. I'm doing some wicked redneck engineering on it, cuz it's rained here for 4 months with at least a 50% chance every day next week. Called my mechanic, he's worked on that window before..."I can get to it next week ".  🤬

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

The driver's side window on my Monte Carlo slid off the track halfway down. I'm doing some wicked redneck engineering on it, cuz it's rained here for 4 months with at least a 50% chance every day next week. Called my mechanic, he's worked on that window before..."I can get to it next week ".  🤬

Get some plastic and cover up your window in the meantime until he can get in.   If you can somehow get it back up, don't use that window until you get it fixed.  My parents had that happen to one of their cars once and we were able to get the window up but couldn't use it until we were able to get it fixed.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@PleaseBlitz down for Tribal Wars.  It's been a long time.

I meant both the opioid habit and TW. I’m not doing one without the other. 

https://www.amazon.com/New-Industrial-Original-Strength-Weather/dp/B078M5N8CH/ref=sxin_2_ac_d_rm?ac_md=2-2-ZHVjdCB0YXBlIG11bHRpIHBhY2s%3D-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=duct+tape&dchild=1&keywords=duct+tape&pd_rd_i=B078M5N8CH&pd_rd_r=3dd4efc1-3808-4f54-9198-a61c97741e90&pd_rd_w=rFVfN&pd_rd_wg=qlK6U&pf_rd_p=ec111f65-4a46-499c-be78-f47997212bd0&pf_rd_r=K5SJP04H4F2THNW9TXEE&psc=1&qid=1584818400

• Haha 2

if it is up part ways you can usually just pull it up(may have to work the switch) and just run tape along the edge when up

• Like 3

Just made this harness, only to find out I needed a male connector to connect to the PSU and not a female one which all I have the parts to make my own.  Brain fart on my part.  So I have to wait until next week for it to arrive from digi-key in order to even test it out, since that is what gives the guns power.

RYJzTAS.jpg?1

• Like 1

My Mustang has never spent a day in the shop.