Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

35 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Sorry if I missed what you do? Is your boss that demanding? 

I install metal roofing, my job is completely and utterly unimportant. My boss is a germaphobe, if you're sick he wants you to stay home. He's convinced that we're going to go into quarantine and work will stop. I don't think he'll stop work unless he's forced to though, even if one of us gets sick. He gave us soap and hand sanitizer and wants us to wash our hands, but water isn't usually available for washing. Also, some of the people I share a job site with aren't the cleanest of people. Not the ideal situation to be in during a pandemic.

Edit: He isn't that demanding, I'm just not sure if I should stay home and if that makes me look bad.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Sad 1

Americans Drop Kale and Quinoa to Lock Down With Chips and Oreos

Out with the Tuscan kale and acai berries, in with the Spam and popcorn.

In a stark reversal, American shoppers who were taking up healthier eating are gravitating back to old ways as they hunker down to weather the coronavirus pandemic. They are loading up on shelf-stable items from canned meat and soup to pretzels and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese as they comply with orders to stay home.

The shift back from healthier fare toward traditional staples may boost the fortunes of packaged food companies, which have been struggling with lagging sales as consumers opted for fresher alternatives.

General Mills Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., Campbell Soup Co. and Kraft Heinz Co. saw sales gains between 10% and 20% in the rolling four weeks that ended March 8 for items such as soup and breakfast food, Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Diana Rosero-Pena said in a Thursday report, citing IRI data. Hormel Food Corp.’s sales of Spam increased as much as 37% and Oreo-maker Mondelez International Inc. saw growth in the sales of cookies and crackers.

Americans aren’t holding back on treating themselves, either. Popcorn sales rose nearly 48% in the week ended March 14, compared with a year earlier, while pretzel sales were up 47% and potato chip sales surged 30%, according to Nielsen data.

Click on the link for the full article

Currently watching the Redskins-Bears game from 1991 on YouTube while I catch up on some work stuff.  That was the one game I didn't get to watch that season and I've been wanting to watch it for a while.

The Redskins poked two eyes out in the first quarter and they speared a Bears player (helmet to helmet) lying on the ground after a punt return.  There's literally unsportsmanlike conduct (by current rules) on every play.  Skins are up 3-0 early in the 2nd quarter.  I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

HTTR

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

Currently watching the Redskins-Bears game from 1991 on YouTube while I catch up on some work stuff.  That was the one game I didn't get to watch that season and I've been wanting to watch it for a while.

The Redskins poked two eyes out in the first quarter and they speared a Bears player (helmet to helmet) lying on the ground after a punt return.  There's literally unsportsmanlike conduct (by current rules) on every play.  Skins are up 3-0 early in the 2nd quarter.  I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

HTTR

People were practicing “social distancing” on Wilber Marshall way before it was trendy.

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

HTTR

Kevin Butler, iirc. 🤬

2 hours ago, China said:

Americans Drop Kale and Quinoa to Lock Down With Chips and Oreos

Out with the Tuscan kale and acai berries, in with the Spam and popcorn.

In a stark reversal, American shoppers who were taking up healthier eating are gravitating back to old ways as they hunker down to weather the coronavirus pandemic. They are loading up on shelf-stable items from canned meat and soup to pretzels and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese as they comply with orders to stay home.

The shift back from healthier fare toward traditional staples may boost the fortunes of packaged food companies, which have been struggling with lagging sales as consumers opted for fresher alternatives.

General Mills Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., Campbell Soup Co. and Kraft Heinz Co. saw sales gains between 10% and 20% in the rolling four weeks that ended March 8 for items such as soup and breakfast food, Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Diana Rosero-Pena said in a Thursday report, citing IRI data. Hormel Food Corp.’s sales of Spam increased as much as 37% and Oreo-maker Mondelez International Inc. saw growth in the sales of cookies and crackers.

Americans aren’t holding back on treating themselves, either. Popcorn sales rose nearly 48% in the week ended March 14, compared with a year earlier, while pretzel sales were up 47% and potato chip sales surged 30%, according to Nielsen data.

Click on the link for the full article

Well this is one benefit so far to social distancing.  No one left for them to explain how awesome their grass and tree bark ice cream "Lifestyle change" is

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wrilbo67 said:

HTTR

goodolddays.jpg

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I dislike kale, arugala, and cilantro. One advantage to cooking almost all of my meals is that I can avoid these things. I love spinach and romaine lettuce, also butter lettuce.

Cooking for one or two, those live butter lettuce packages are worth the extra money.  Stays good for a couple weeks.

• Like 3

OK full review of the Bears-Redskins game from October 6, 1991:

- Art Monk with 2 TD catches 😍

- Kurt Gouveia with an INT; I never get tired of hearing that

- Its interesting some of the names playing in that game and how their futures unfolded, namely: Jim Harbaugh, Matt Millen, Ron Rivera

- Speaking of Jim Harbaugh, he went 17/41 and made his classic "Harbaugh-face," regularly after each incompletion (if you're a Big Ten football fan, you know exactly what I'm talking about)

- John Madden, OMG; my favorites:

1) "That guy just came like the last shot out of a roman candle" (hehe)

2) His long diatribe about proper placement of laces when kicking a field goal (after Lohmiller's second FG); I had to remind myself this was pre-Ace Ventura

3) His love affair for Matt Millen... WOW; "Every team needs a guy like Matt Millen," "It's wrong he's wearing number 57, he deserves a real number like 50, 51, or 52."

- "Tonight on 60 minutes... firebrand radio host Rush Limbaugh" Yeesh, and so it begins...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1