Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Well, I finally lost it!!!

I was just in CVS and saw a guy whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizer, baby wipes, soap, and everything that people need.

I called him selfish and told him about the people who need these types of things.  I told him he should be ashamed of himself.

He said, “Are you done?  ’Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now.”

• Haha 18

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Use a brad nailer to fix it onto a larger piece of wood then set in a guide piece.  Cut and then take back apart.  Use a little filler/puddy to fill in the holes.

Not really possible.  It was a 2 1/4" wide piece of door casing that I needed to make like 1 1/2" max.  The guide on my saw is 1 1/2" so it was just basically impossible.

I ended up going to HD and just got some 1 3/8" wide trim and used that.  It's on the back side of the stairwell door with no light in the stairwell, so it's not going to be noticeable that it's different.  

wiyMHHG.jpg

Still need to caulk but am done with the wood work and stuff.

• Like 2

The latest from Mazda world.

We have 50-60 days of liquidity, maybe less.

Gonna hold the line on staff and bet on a late-April turnaround.

March 2020 shaping up to be several leagues worse than any one month from 2008/09.

Cash 4 Clunkers 2 maybe?

We expect that Nissan may pull the plug on Infiniti.

The End is being discussed openly.

• Sad 9

I am running out of things to do and, embarrassingly, don’t know where to even start when it comes to buying illegal needle drugs. So, rationally, I decided to watch several episodes of Doomsday Preppers on Netflix because it seems topical and maybe I’d pick up a useful tidbit here and there. Nope and nope. 

First, not one of them prepped for a pandemic of any kind, and certainly not one where the solution is “just stick to yourselves for a few months.”  No. They prepared for, among other things, a shift in the earth’s poles, a “global super earthquake,” which, number one, isn’t how earthquakes ****ing work and, number two, this guy lived in the seismic hotspot known as Tennessee.  One was also preparing for the literal Rapture from the book of Revelations. Lots of people in rural areas armed to the teeth worried about terrorism, which I thought was ironic. 

Second, not one useful tidbit. Nobody seemed to worry about passing the time during the 5 years period after the disaster for which they prepped enough fuel, water and shelf after shelf of dried grains and canned goods.  Take a cue from your kids they are all bored as ****. Also, nobody stockpiled toiletpaper or otherwise made preparations for wiping their ass. Everyone had tons of ammo, nobody had basic sanitation covered. Sure, get prepared for marauding raiders hellbent on looting your ****ty, barely functional subsistence farm in the middle of nowhere, but pay zero mind to nature inevitably calling. 

One guy called his heavily-defended compound (i.e, a house and 2 sheds) “the Alamo.”  I guess nobody told him that everyone died at the Alamo. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am running out of things to do and, embarrassingly, don’t know where to even start when it comes to buying illegal needle drugs.

What type of half ass lawyer are you? Isn't Brown Betty on your burner phones speed dial?

ps not a racish

Edited by The Evil Genius

First thing coming home the wife said the county issued a stay at home order....tis good to be a essential person......and the liquor stores be essential as well.

think I'm sleeping in the recliner again.

40 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So, I called my daughter about getting SS tomorrow and going to the grocery store and she won't let me go. I am going to give her my card and a shopping list and hope for the best. 

She is going to collect your SS payment? Is that legal?