Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

No But Dunkirk was also fantastic.

You probably won't like it because I'm assuming you just wanna watch another Saving Private Ryan based on your Dunkirk comment.

Dunkirk is what happens when someone in the editing room accidentally deletes the entire movie 1 hour before release, so the editor just splices a bunch of film together without taking time to put it in chronological order.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if I should be getting pleasure from beating my son at UNO so many times? I mean I'm not going undefeated but sometimes I wonder if I should let him win, or not do some of the skip you, reverse it back to me,reverse it back to me, draw 2, draw 2 again, skip you, uno out, type finishes that make the game fun. 

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I tried Imperfect Produce, I liked it, a good selection. I stopped because it's a weekly thing and it was too frequent plus I can use delivery fees for actual food. That's my personal story. They also carry other products.

Could you be specific about what kind of produce/fruits you received in your box?  I am just looking at it for vegetables mostly.  They won't let me customize it because of the shortages on certain items.  They are the only site that delivers in my area, but I can't find a list of what they offer because they won't let me customize it.  

Will probably try it, I just don't want to get a ton of stuff that I don't really like to eat.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Could you be specific about what kind of produce/fruits you received in your box?  I am just looking at it for vegetables mostly.  They won't let me customize it because of the shortages on certain items.  They are the only site that delivers in my area, but I can't find a list of what they offer because they won't let me customize it.  

Will probably try it, I just don't want to get a ton of stuff that I don't really like to eat.  Thanks!

These photos are what I received in my first box, the only one I ordered. I was able to customize.  I only ordered a small amount because I wanted to try it plus my budget. Everything was fresh and delicious, the carrots were big, then again I usually buy those baby carrots. They weren't the "perfect" looking produce you see in a regular store. If my budget wasn't so tight, I would probably order from them again because I like the concept. Price wise they are comparable to stores that deliver. I didn't find them that much cheaper.

IMG_20191230_141009567.jpg

IMG_20191230_140924016.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The funny thing is in all this....for some odd reason everybody's feeling the need to hoard up on tp...like it's the most essential thing you need . It was the first thing gone... yet when the infamous question if you were stranded on an island  and could only take 3 things toilet paper was not an answer...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

The funny thing is in all this....for some odd reason everybody's feeling the need to hoard up on tp...like it's the most essential thing you need . It was the first thing gone... yet when the infamous question if you were stranded on an island  and could only take 3 things toilet paper was not an answer...

Wish I could hoard up on some chicken curry. I miss my Indian joint :kickcan:

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3
34 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

An afternoon in the wilds of southern NM.  Very nice.

Old lady was none too happy at the prospect of this hill.

Made it safe and sound plus a little adrenalin buzz!

Looks like one of those places where you make one wrong move, and end up on I Shouldnt Be Alive

• Haha 2

Boston Conservatory at Berklee student Shelbie Rassler convened a virtual orchestra of 74 of her peers to create connection in a time of social distancing.

When songwriting team Burt Bacharach and Hal David released the song "What the World Needs Now Is Love" (originally sung by Jackie DeShannon) in 1965, the United States was deeply divided over the war in Vietnam. Bacharach was initially nervous about the song's reception given the fragile cultural environment, but the song became a top ten hit and brought people together under its call for unity.

Fifty-five years later, many around the world are experiencing a time of unprecedented physical separation due to the rise and spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). As students shift into online classes for the rest of the semester, Boston Conservatory at Berklee student Shelbie Rassler kicked things off with her own version of Bacharach's anthem of connection, joined by a virtual orchestra of 74 of her peers, 60 of whom are a mix of students and alumni from the Conservatory and the College. Rassler, a senior majoring in composition and a 2019 Presser Scholar, came up with the idea on her plane journey home to Florida, and produced, arranged, and edited the video herself.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like one of those places where you make one wrong move, and end up on I Shouldnt Be Alive

The lady is undoubtedly smarter than me.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Haha 1