Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

I'm watching a bunch of shows on Netflix, mainly DC shows on CW. Next is Legends of Tomorrow. Finished season 2 today. 

Taught my 3 year old UNO last week. Now he loves it and always wants to play. Also teaching him to read and go potty. I would love to teach him to play madden, but don't think his mom approves of that as an educational game. 

Started running sound with him in the backyard to burn his energy too. We did 4.75 miles today. Maybe not exact, but that's what the watch said. 

Oh and got him a book, legends icons and Rebels so he can learn about songs of the music we listen to. Now he loves it and the stories behind Chuck Berry and Johnny B Goode. 

• Like 5
On 3/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, twa said:

Working my ass off and then working late to get parts only to come home to a sewer  main clog.

and a wife that hates to be inconvenienced.......just ****ing shoot me already.

You live in Texas. That last part should be insanely easy.

I've been meaning to resurface our deck seemingly forever. If I can get the materials, I'm going to try to do it with AZEK. Anyone have any experience with it or other composite decking materials? Suggestions/guidance? I'm a complete novice, but I rebuilt a couple of sets of rotting stairs last summer/fall and learned a few things from that process.

Another project I've been meaning to get around to forever is setting up a grow system. Not for that 😉 but for food. I have some spinach, lettuce and heirloom cherry tomato seeds. Aside from our current apocalypse, it's evidently a pretty environmentally responsible thing to do given all the food waste that happens during the production and transport of produce. I'm still waiting for one or two final items I need to put it together though, so it might be a few days before i can get started but I'm pretty excited to finally be doing this.

Finally, my one other big project is to somehow avoid us all killing each other from being stir crazy and trying to stay out of each other's way during our separate work/school days.

• Like 1

i won't name names but there are a few famous redskins fans on twitter that most of us know who is spewing alot of bull**** like this hoax is fake, blaming democrats working with china to develop this virus and the national guard is posting up in baltimore (when it fact it was the image of them coming down to fedex)

For those too young to know, the Wheaton Youth Center was a huge site for famous bands in the 60s & 70s. This documentary is about Led Zeppelin playing there (or not). Some great interviews with area promoters from that era - including Barry Richards, the Boss with the Hot Sauce. 

https://www.reazar.com/post/did-led-zeppelin-play-here?fbclid=IwAR0FiFnVgyDnwSaMWMZQ3kNgQ4Oj0_G81H-U3gn8iiVO_yklcaHCvVh0OvM

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

i won't name names but there are a few famous redskins fans on twitter that most of us know who is spewing alot of bull**** like this hoax is fake, blaming democrats working with china to develop this virus and the national guard is posting up in baltimore (when it fact it was the image of them coming down to fedex)

Intrigued.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Zoony is famous?

What happened to him?

On 3/21/2020 at 9:14 AM, EmirOfShmo said:

In a few hours, I'm going to put different drinks in each room of our house & calling it a Pub Crawl. 

Follow-up: Got pulled over at the corner of Hall Bathroom Street & Master Bedroom Road for speeding. Didn't have my drivers license so the officer ordered me held in her custody for several hours. Pub Crawl was completed later that afternoon. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

For those too young to know, the Wheaton Youth Center was a huge site for famous bands in the 60s & 70s. This documentary is about Led Zeppelin playing there (or not). Some great interviews with area promoters from that era - including Barry Richards, the Boss with the Hot Sauce. 

https://www.reazar.com/post/did-led-zeppelin-play-here?fbclid=IwAR0FiFnVgyDnwSaMWMZQ3kNgQ4Oj0_G81H-U3gn8iiVO_yklcaHCvVh0OvM

I've seen this before.  Watching it again now.

Certainly wasn't around in these days but I don't believe it happened.  There's no artifacts to suggest that it did happen.  Even if Zeppelin was touring as "The New Yardbirds" that would have been enough to put on a poster.  Led Zeppelin was an unknown but Jimmy Page wasn't unknown, there would have been news that he was coming through with his new group.  This guy has The Who and Led Zeppelin from Merriweather and another one from Baltimore Civic Center and other stuff.  They were at least able to track down photos from the first Led Zeppelin show in Denver opening up for Vanilla Fudge.

No photos exist from them playing at Wheaton Youth Center.  Not even a single, crappy out of focus photo.  No posters.  Just some memories of people who swear that they were there.  IIRC, even the biggest Led Zeppelin fans out there can't confirm that it happened.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be awesome if it were true.  

20 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

What happened to him?

Follow-up: Got pulled over at the corner of Hall Bathroom Street & Master Bedroom Road for speeding. Didn't have my drivers license so the officer ordered me held in her custody for several hours. Pub Crawl was completed later that afternoon. 

Not sure what happened to El Zoony, but he's been gone for a long time.  I think TK and Jumbo got all mafia like and did away with him, like he sleeps with the fishes.  Cement shoes or something.  Vanished without a trace.  No one's heard from him since.

Basically Zoony would get in your face (as much as you can get in someone's face on a message board) and accuse people of being snowflakes, etc.  He was like a bully with a mod title and would throw his power around like a drunken elephant would swing his trunk.  

And like that, he's gone.  Underground, no one's seen him since.  He becomes a myth.  A spook story that ES Tailgate old timers tell their kids at night.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A long time ago, Rod Stewart and the Small Faces (Ron Wood before the Stones) played at the D.C.Armory. I think it was his first visit to the U.S.  I was there, great concert, it was with the release of the Every Picture Tells A Story album because I distinctly remember him singing Maggie May. Around 1971. 

• Like 2