Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

Bought a recurve bow off amazon, complete with a target. If I'm not Rambo/Legolas by fall I will be highly disappointed. Mastering this will be one of my quarantine projects.

Also thinking about making a dummy with a business suit and a MAGA hat clipped to the head for target practice, but I wouldn't want to upset my more Trumpet-y neighbors (or get a visit from local authorities), seeing a brown guy firing arrows at a thing that looks suspiciously like the president of the United States

• Haha 13
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bought a recurve bow off amazon, complete with a target. If I'm not Rambo/Legolas by fall I will be highly disappointed. Mastering this will be one of my quarantine projects.

Also thinking about making a dummy with a business suit and a MAGA hat clipped to the head for target practice, but I wouldn't want to upset my more Trumpet-y neighbors (or get a visit from local authorities), seeing a brown guy firing arrows at a thing that looks suspiciously like the president of the United States

Just wear a headband with feathers and claim sovereignty. 

Drop in a few white man references too for good measure.

and in case anyone is offended...I'm sorry. I have a dark sense of humor sometimes. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Videos or it didn't happen.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Raising a nation of corporate drones. I know several people that fall under that category, sadly.

And that's with 110% of people being more concerned about themselves or their family getting sick.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finished up my multi light gun arcade cabinet project and looks like everything is working.

Here's a video of it in action.

Here is a pic of the "final" installation.  I still need to screw down the top board and the PSU but other than that this is how it's setup with wires and stuff.  The cable management is okay but not sure what else to really do.  I may play around with it a bit.  I need to run the wires down below through those gapes because that is where part of the back panel goes and the other part is flush with the back panel.

gYfk9YS.jpg

And here is an image of the video issue I was talking about, just hoping it is in a monitor issue but will play around with it tomorrow.  It definitely wasn't doing this when running the boards straight up without the switcher, but again, everything was calibrated with the boards before and I haven't done any with the switcher.

PVjKjv0.jpg

Once I get it all calibrated and stuff I'll probably take another video.  I just purchased Lethal Enforcers so that will be put in there shortly once I receive it.  I do plan on also doing a capkit/flyback on the monitor and it will be my first, so we'll see how that goes.  Not sure when I'll get around to it.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I see quarantine is getting the better of some of us already :(

We all human being asked to do something against our core programming.  

Talked to another cousin today, last on my dad's side I wanted to prioritize reaching out to.

It's at this moment I don't feel like reaching out to anyone else about how the are doing with the "apocalypse". 

Because its not the apocalypse, its Thursday.

I'm used to it not mattering what I want, but this is first day I can say I got used to it. 

Just waiting for the eventual stay at home order and making sure my parents don't leave the house for anything I can get for them.  They reclusive at this point before this all started, maybe this is what peace feels like.

For now...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

I spent the last 3 hours cleaning my living room so I could set up a keyboard I've had in storage for a couple of years. 

20200326_211405.thumb.jpg.0fe503de59766a8d37a1fe0c6b4c6596.jpg

I don't really know how to play piano, but writing songs on guitar isn't leading anywhere, so I'm going to find some inspiration elsewhere. Self improvement! 

• Like 4

Today was our son's 5th birthday and we tried to do our best to have a good day for him.  I think he had a good day. 

We also had a nice neighborhood moment.  Our neighbors kids across the street wrote him happy birthday on our driveway so we went out to see it.  While out there the family across the street came out and we chatted across the street.  Then the people next to us and next to the family across the street came out.  Then neighbors down the street were walking up as well.

We had been talking about his birthday and then everyone sang him happy birthday, from across the street, in the street, next to us, etc.  

It was a nice moment for him and we all stood out there for like 30 minutes chit chatting and it was really nice to just do that again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1