Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

10 hours ago, twa said:

Working my ass off and then working late to get parts only to come home to a sewer  main clog.

and a wife that hates to be inconvenienced.......just ****ing shoot me already.

Hang in there friend.  This too shall pass.

• Like 2

A funny (dark) thought came to me last night as I couldn't sleep. Is this mother Earth self correcting? The planet got tired of pollution and waste so it thinned the herd. Maybe it wasn't asteroids that killed off the dinosaurs. It was a lack of social distancing and the maga flu... 

I need someone to draw a t-rex saying "aw ****!" as his short arms can't reach the soap dispenser at the bathroom sink. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

A funny (dark) thought came to me last night as I couldn't sleep. Is this mother Earth self correcting? The planet got tired of pollution and waste so it thinned the herd. Maybe it wasn't asteroids that killed off the dinosaurs. It was a lack of social distancing and the maga flu... 

I need someone to draw a t-rex saying "aw ****!" as his short arms can't reach the soap dispenser at the bathroom sink. 

On the other hand, he can't touch his face, so he's fine.

• Haha 4

howdy partners---i'm not on quarantine but thought this would fit here better than the general virus thread

sorry for the late arrival to sharing this situation on es but my hands have been very full here in western wa (about an hour-plus from seattle) and the demand for all and any helping hands retired or otherwise is high...i haven't read the board other than a couple very brief scans since a few days before the virus news was really breaking, so it will take me some time to catch up with  pms and notices and read the threads...hope y'all are doing as well as possible

btw, an immediate suggestion given the turf----do not watch cable news all the time, it's even worse for generating despair then when it was all just focused on the pigsty that is trump and his admin...switch to a hour a day or so and feature local news and when you do watch network news i suggest keeping to cbs, abc, nbc, and pbs mostly as well as the coverage you get on the major network morning shows if you're home...also c-span has some educational virus-related features these days...they lean to solid, accurate information and i suggest are 'mentally healthier ' for most than immersing yourself in msnbc/cnn or of course you know who...but certainly cnn's town halls with gupta and any show where they answer viewers questions are good...

for me, i am of course practicing and preaching to listen to and heed all the medical-expert cautions and ignore your facebook friends and all those home-brewed "authorities on everything cuz i haz the internet and am a smart guy" types that favor any "exaggeration" narrative...i suggest being way more into better safe than sorry to keep it simple

it will take awhile for me to catch up---stay safe :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I believe this is called the "Gaia Theory" or "Gaia Hypothesis." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis#Overview

• Like 1

Damn I googled movies in theater to rent now, and it looks like there are quite a few that I want to see.  Invisible Man and The Hunt are supposed to be on prime today.  But, $20 to rent is steep.  I get why that's the price, but still it's pricey.

45 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

some of us may also file it under "be careful what you wish for"

Had the regular ol' flu in mid January. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Damn near wrecked me for 10 days.

Just was a rambling of someone who isnt sleeping.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Had the regular ol' flu in mid January. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Damn near wrecked me for 10 days.

Just was a rambling of someone who isnt sleeping.

I had pneumonia.  Took me almost a month to completely recover. 

Had a wicked cough and random nose leaks for 2 weeks after initial recovery 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, visionary said:
Parents stop -Costco

My 80+ yo MIL passed in late January. My 77yo FIL goes to her grave everyday and then stops most days to get something from the store. We've brought him food so much that hes freezing it..but I think it's generational (and maybe copingg/grief) tbh. 

Gen X might be the only ones to fully survive because we were often left and stuck at home on our own after school. We're used to finding dumb **** to do at home, alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I had pneumonia.  Took me almost a month to completely recover. 

Had a wicked cough and random nose leaks for 2 weeks after initial recovery 

i'm just a little shy of 66 so over the line but just barely in that risk column, but have been hospitalized twice  in my life for pneumonia (two decades apart) and had other serious respiratory/pulmonary issues over time (and pretty much recovered but still effects left) and usually get flu/cold symptoms in a normal season...yay added  suspense 

i don't like the die-by-disease in a hospital or bedroom delaio cuz if it was to be a disease i always wanted it to be  one where a doc tells you how long you have to live approx. and then you can use the remaining time to go take out a nest of militia-men or ms-13'ers or some crankster biker gang as a social service on your way out

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10