Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, Larry said:

And what I really don't get about the Republican spin machine's response to this emergency is, what was their motive?  

Did they honestly believe that if they just lied enough, people wouldn't notice the hospitals overflowing?  Tens/hundreds of thousands of dead?  Ten times that many in the hospital?  I mean, it's like telling people that are in the path of a wildfire, that it's not there.  Did they think that the people wouldn't notice when their house caught on fire?  

But to me, even worse than the fact that they actually thought they could sell the lie that the disease that's put your family member in the hospital doesn't actually exist, is why would they even try?  

I mean, when somebody robs a bank, I recognize that it's wrong, but I at least understand his motive.  He wanted money.  I can relate to the motive.  

But by lying about this disease, and doing absolutely nothing useful about it, what was their payoff?  Another 3-4 weeks of good poll numbers?  What did they expect to get, in return for their souls?  

I'm right there with you.

This whole thing was setup for the White House Occupant to pull victory from the jaws of defeat (by Biden). He had ample opportunity (Jan/Feb/early Mar) to step up to the plate and drive in the winning run. Not only did he strike out, he hit himself in the nuts with his bat while falling to the ground swinging at a pitch that was 3 feet in front of him.

One thing it has proven to me: he has surrounded himself with people who can't process information unless it comes from White House Occupant. Someone in his 'circle' (which could be anyone in or out of the government) could have sold it to him as an 'opportunity'. They were ALL too ****ing stupid & incompetent to do it. Or better, too stupid to listen to anything outside his ****ing mouth.  As usual, he went with his 'gut' and made an incredibly incorrect catastrophic call. He did. No one else. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

And what I really don't get about the Republican spin machine's response to this emergency is, what was their motive?  

Did they honestly believe that if they just lied enough, people wouldn't notice the hospitals overflowing?  Tens/hundreds of thousands of dead?  Ten times that many in the hospital?  I mean, it's like telling people that are in the path of a wildfire, that it's not there.  Did they think that the people wouldn't notice when their house caught on fire?  

But to me, even worse than the fact that they actually thought they could sell the lie that the disease that's put your family member in the hospital doesn't actually exist, is why would they even try?  

I mean, when somebody robs a bank, I recognize that it's wrong, but I at least understand his motive.  He wanted money.  I can relate to the motive.  

But by lying about this disease, and doing absolutely nothing useful about it, what was their payoff?  Another 3-4 weeks of good poll numbers?  What did they expect to get, in return for their souls?  

He didn't want the economy to crash so he tried to discount the virus so wall street wouldn't tank but consequently the downplaying of the virus was worse.

His whole thought process was based on reelection which he was banking on the economy to get there. Its was shortsighted and not thought out but that's his whole M.O.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I know there are a ****load of cases out there and stuff, but has there been confirmation on a lots of cases (or any) from people who are basically staying in their house and only running out to buy groceries and stuff?

The people I know that have it or had it, got it in a place with a lot of people before all of this social distancing and people staying at home started.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We will need hero banks to step in.  No landlord has pockets that deep.

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Goodness me

"You should be ashamed of yourself for asking a question that makes me vomit out word salads because I'm too ignorant to be able to answer it."

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He just sounds like a god damn toddler whenever he talks.  It's like when I ask my 5 year old son if he knows what a word means and he says yes, then I ask him what it means, and he just repeats the same word back to me.

That is what it reminded me of when he basically said "our country means our country".  ****ing idiot.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

look at the way he talks to her. The outright hatred he has for journalists, especially women, that ask him hard questions is somehow still unbelievable 4 years later. 

It's no surprise to people who know what misogyny sounds like. 

• Like 5