Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

With the death rate in the US doubling every 3 days, do you guys really think that we are going to see about 48k deaths by Easter?  Nearly 200k deaths the following weekend?

I mean those numbers seem unreal but that is the trajectory we are on.

So in Trump's regard that would be a "medium job" since he said 100k would be a good job no?

Worse than a dictator...

• Like 1

5e7cfc48671de02f0b192e64

The map above is based on an analysis by Unacast, a location data and analytics firm based in New York. It calculated changes in the average distance traveled by residents before and after the coronavirus outbreak grew in the US, using aggregated data from tens of millions of anonymous mobile phones whose users had opted in to location sharing.

Edited by FrFan

After watching Fauci speak and then hearing Trump say "at some point we'll have to make a decision", I am 99% sure that he's using ending the lockdown as a cliffhanger hook to get networks to tune in. 'Will the president singlehandedly make the worst policy decision in our lifetime? Tune in tomorrow to find out!' He's been floating ending the lockdown for over a week now (or at least it feels like it), he wouldn't be letting the "deep state" hold him back if he really believed in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If they are going to all hit there peak next week I would take that as good news?.... because it means detroit and Louisiana won’t get hit has hard as NY (since they would in the same point of their curve, but Louisiana and Detroit shifted lower).

Looks like Louisiana has had their deaths and known cases double today, doesn’t really seem like they are on the same curve...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If they are going to all hit there peak next week I would take that as good news?.... because it means detroit and Louisiana won’t get hit has hard as NY (since they would in the same point of their curve, but Louisiana and Detroit shifted lower).

It's what she says, but I bet it depends on the model she's going by.  There are also a lot of little towns that will get worse and places where there has been no lockdown that will explode soon. Also peak doesn't mean it will go away, or that it can't get worse depending on changing circumstances. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Where are you located?

I’m in NC. Some members of my own family aren’t concerned at all. It’s so frustrating. 

I’ve stayed at home for three weeks. Today I realized that there’s no telling when that will end. I’m hoping by the end of the summer. Not holding my breath.

I’m preparing myself for life like this until they find a therapeutic or a vaccine. I can’t imagine there being gatherings of any size for the rest of the year. I know that sounds extreme, but I can’t imagine going to football or baseball games with this stuff just waiting to explode again. Any time I see the NBA talking about saving the season I just shake my head. It’s like nobody gets how bad this is.

• Like 4

US Food and Drug Administration officials announced today they have approved plans for nationwide trials of two treatments for Covid-19, the global pandemic disease caused by the new coronavirus—and for their simultaneous use in perhaps hundreds of hospitals.

The therapeutic agents—convalescent plasma and hyperimmune globulin—are both derived from the blood of people who have recovered from the disease, decoctions of the antibodies that the human immune system makes to fight off germs.

https://www.wired.com/story/trials-of-plasma-from-recovered-covid-19-patients-have-begun/

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. These people are going to get so many people sick and killed.

On another note I'm wondering why Trump is so goddamn insistent on this hydroxychloroquine stuff. I'm curious if it's simply him being his usual pigheaded self or if he's just super stoked that he can pronounce it and so he keeps repeating it. 

• Haha 2