Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

(Franklin Graham trying to exploit death and suffering for his political gain.)  

So, Mr. Graham.  Why do you suppose that God has sent this plague at a time that is virtually guaranteed to punish the Republican Party?"  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 4

In terms of time line for things to get better here, despite more significant testing in S. Korea and more drastic government actions in China and S. Korea and them probably having a month or 2 head start on us in terms of spreading widely, they still are delaying things/minimizing interactions.

China has reclosed all the movie theaters after letting some of them opening, and S. Korean baseball league is looking to push their opening day back again (was supposed to be in March and had pushed back to early April and then late April and now they are talking about pushing back into early May).  

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

watched don going on and on about how the biggest issue is how badly we need to "reopen the country" (of course i get the "real" or rational part of that concern)...it was just disgusting ---everything about his body language, facial expressions, vocal tones, word choices---he's a patchwork malignant mental frankenstein

before winning the nomination, i used to think of trump as that kind of human that was such a pile of garbage overall (and i feel much the same about trumpsters) that the only type of vermin i'd rank lower would be sexual offenders/repeat violent criminals

but turns out he is also a sexual offender (yes, i've convicted him) and i am 100% on board with now regarding him as a mass murderer, not in service to hyperbolic rhetoric but as a pragmatic reality

he is one of the all-time most vile human beings to make himself prominent in my lifetime and those who have the kind of noises in their heads that make supporting him seem a good thing are no better in the end...meanwhile hillary , as good/bad a mixed bag as she is, though still infinitely less dysfunctional or incompetent or even crooked, is the devil incarnate to the same folks---that's the cognition of magical-thinking bubbly-brained asswipes afaic

i don't care what ****ed up resentments/grievances forms the basis of such "thinking", it's weak, it's stupid and malignant, and more colloquially, those so afflicted suck ass and their ability to affect others who aren't so pathetically garbage-brained is repugnant

needs to be changed

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Larry said:

"I don't have to know whether it works or not, before giving it to my patients, because of my sacred duty to do what's best for them, even thugh I don;t have a clue whether it actually is best or not.  Nor can I be bothered with petty things like structuring my use of my patients as guinea pigs in such a way that their use as guinea pigs will at least yield valid data that reputable doctors can then use, to treat others."

"And because people are dying every day"  (Oh, and even I claim that it doesn't work on the severe cases, only the mild ones.)  

The more I read up on this Raoult dude, the more sketchy he seems. 

• Like 1

Personal note with the above in mind.  The hospital where my wife works is turning a parking garage in to a 1200 bed unit. 800 ICU beds are a major part of it. They're not doing this "just in case".  Though I hope that where she works will be a bit of any eye of the hurricane thing,there are no guarantees. With her and friends we have who work there and elsewhere,(and the rest of health care workers for that matter),I whole heartedly agree with and second what Jumbo said above. It's a sin for me to hate I know,but damn that ****er,his minions,and all his lemming followers make it very hard not to do so.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, just654 said:

Report this to their union. My wife’s union in MD played a big part in the home hours that MD teachers now have to do. 

There are no teacher's unions in Virginia... It's a "Right to Work" state (Commonwealth). We have several professional organizations, but they're largely toothless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

22 minutes ago, PCS said:

Personal note with the above in mind.  The hospital where my wife works is turning a parking garage in to a 1200 bed unit. 800 ICU beds are a major part of it. They're not doing this "just in case".  Though I hope that where she works will be a bit of any eye of the hurricane thing,there are no guarantees. With her and friends we have who work there and elsewhere,(and the rest of health care workers for that matter),I whole heartedly agree with and second what Jumbo said above.

Applaud the preperation.  

Hopefully, they're getting tons (literally) of help.  

At least in my imagination, if there's somebody who has A Plan for how to go to BFE and create a hospital there, I would sure assume it's the military.  (Surely that's one of the things they prep for, right?)  

Wonder where they're going to get the people they need for that.  (Hopefully the military has some of those, too.)  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

(Franklin Graham trying to exploit death and suffering for his political gain.)  

So, Mr. Graham.  Why do you suppose that God has sent this plague at a time that is virtually guaranteed to punish the Republican Party?"  

It’s called projection. 🙂 People didn’t turn their back on God, people turned their back on Mr. Graham. And in his kind/compassionate/empathetic opinion, humankind deserves to be punished for turning their backs on him. 

Death is inevitable, for Christians and sinners alike. No is spared. So how is one form of death any more ordained by God than others? 

Besides, if God is TRULY pissed.... why is *it* allowing a 98% Recovery rate? Seriously. That should be at least 67.5% mortality rate right? A 1-2% mortality rate suggests that it’s just slightly annoyed, at best. LMAO

I don’t mean to diminish the amount of suffering, by the joke. It’s painful to watch unfold. For sure. But sadness, and grief are not the only emotions in the moment. In the sheer insanity in what is unfolding, there’s a lot of humor in this craziness.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Man, when I predicted after Election Day 2016 that a Trump presidency would cover up the flaws of the Bush and Obama administrations, I should've known a finger on a monkey's paw somewhere would curl up.

Here's the full speech:       https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4865445/user-clip-national-strategy-pandemic-preparedness

(Dr fauci Shoutout @ 04:00 )

(Bush also coughs at the end :ols:

Listening to W here.... wow, what an example of how low we've gone in this country by electing Trump. 

Edited by Mooka
  • Sad 3

I really think urging people to get the flu shot when discussing Corona Virus is 100 percent reasonable.  You can’t get a corona shot, but you can get a flu shot. Control what you can control... The criticism is a little ridiculous. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, techboy said:

There are no teacher's unions in Virginia... It's a "Right to Work" state (Commonwealth). We have several professional organizations, but they're largely toothless.

I found a couple of them. I would still contact them. 

Edited by just654

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I really think urging people to get the flu shot when discussing Corona Virus is 100 percent reasonable.  You can’t get a corona shot, but you can get a flu shot. Control what you can control... The criticism is a little ridiculous. 

YOu don't need to downplay the seriouisness of the coronavirus to advocate getting a flu shot, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I don't care what ****ed up resentments/grievances forms the basis of such "thinking", it's weak, it's stupid and malignant, and more colloquially, those so afflicted suck ass and their ability to affect others who aren't so pathetically garbage-brained is repugnant

needs to be changed

I completely agree. We as a human race need to take up as a conscious practice the managing of our emotional and cognitive palate. We need to understand that just like our taste palate can maladapt to prefer **** food over nutritional value, so to can our mind, emotions, and spirit. 

People accept way too much **** in their life that maladapts their character and spirit. It cheapens and dilutes who they are and people don’t have the humility to understand that the changes are subtle and occur by nature within our blind spots and no one is immune to the change. If we are exposed to it and internalize it in any way, it will effect us.

And we don’t have enough of a shared sophistication and level of observational nuance to recognize and properly communicate when a person’s palate is off and what they need to do about it in a way that people will accept and internalize and then act upon. 

We as a society will have to develop in these ways so that we properly safeguard positions of huge responsibility from sociopaths and others who have just straight diarrhea **** emotional, cognitive, and spiritual palates. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Stupid mother****er.

lot of chicken **** c-y-a ladder-climbing types have worked their way to top positions across the gov't in the "fire everyone" diseased admin that is trumpworld...drain the swamp and make it a chemical waste dump/excrement-filled cesspool combo instead....with trump, his family, cabinet, and every member of the gop congress as the most stinky lumps of radioactive feces floating on top

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2