Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. These people are going to get so many people sick and killed.

On another note I'm wondering why Trump is so goddamn insistent on this hydroxychloroquine stuff. I'm curious if it's simply him being his usual pigheaded self or if he's just super stoked that he can pronounce it and so he keeps repeating it. 

it is a known and widely available affordable drug    one of few in those categories identified as possible treatments available immediately.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twa said:

it is a known and widely available affordable drug    one of few in those categories identified as possible treatments available immediately.

It is a known and available drug. But that's not the point. First of all, there's already a decent amount of reporting on shortages for people who actually need the drug for something it's scientifically proven to help because of the panic and others trying like mad to get it for COVID-19. Second of all, POTUS isn't saying "There's a possibility this drug could help, and there are currently full clinical trials ongoing to see if that is the case or not". He's literally telling the American public to take it if they want and that they have nothing to lose (even though the drug has some known and potentially very problematic side effects). That's absurdly irresponsible on so many levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. These people are going to get so many people sick and killed.

On another note I'm wondering why Trump is so goddamn insistent on this hydroxychloroquine stuff. I'm curious if it's simply him being his usual pigheaded self or if he's just super stoked that he can pronounce it and so he keeps repeating it. 

Same reason that twa has 25 posts about it the past week.

1).  It plants doubt about the lethality of the virus.  This ties all the way back to the “just the flu” garbage that Fox News/Limbaugh etc were spinning all thru Jan/Feb.  If Maga doofuses buy in and continue business as usual, that’s good for the economy.  And if they die, that’s fine too.  After all, this GOP is a death cult and that just plays into #2 because...

2).  It’s a long-game setup to play the “FDA/liberal over-regulation has blood on its hands” card.  Which they absolutely will play in an effort to mitigate the political damage of 250K corpses.

Pretty simple, really.  And very on-brand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, twa said:

Not that wildly available. Some with Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, the illnesses for which the medication is made for, are having difficulty finding it now. This from NPR - it's just one of many recent reports/stories as trump continues to bring it up as a potential cure. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/01/825056946/why-lupus-patients-find-hydroxychloroquine-in-short-supply

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Not that wildly available. Some with Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, the illnesses for which the medication is made for, are having difficulty finding it now. This from NPR - it's just one of many recent reports/stories as trump continues to bring it up as a potential cure. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/01/825056946/why-lupus-patients-find-hydroxychloroquine-in-short-supply

the supply has been massively increased and would you consider a months prescription refill instead of 90 days a shortage?

Besides the fact Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis have other options

40 minutes ago, visionary said:

God **** this guy so hard.  I applied for an SBA Loan using the streamlined application last Sunday night.  Still not a single word from anyone on follow up.  I'm hearing from a couple of people that have talked to someone in the SBA that it will be a while before anyone gets approved.  For the PPP loan I called my bank (TD) and they aren't even allowed to service those loans yet, they're STILL waiting on guidance from the government.  Unreal - shocked how well it's going?  Go **** yourself. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I'm sitting here listening to Trump and he sounds like a caricature of a mob boss.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Or the Simpsons.

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Right, but one of the gangsters, right?

or Mayor Quimby but with orange hair and a NY accent instead of a Boston one.

source.gif

image.gif

Edited by China

5 minutes ago, twa said:

I have never said this to another es poster, but seeing as how my wife, sister and two of my niece's have lupus:

**** YOU!

IF you knew a damn thing about this disease, attacks are debilitatingly painful, and a drug regimen that works for one person may be completely ineffective or even dangerous for another. It is not like subbing ibuprofen for acetomeniphen.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, twa said:

the supply has been massively increased and would you consider a months prescription refill instead of 90 days a shortage?

Gimmee that medication that you have a prescription for, for the medical condition that you've been diagnosed with!  I need it so I can prove my willingness to drink the Kool Aid that my leader has told me to drink!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, twa said:

Come on, dude. If you've really paid attention, you can't even begin to think this is true. 

I can only defend you so far. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, twa said:

The point is, the one you purposely want to ignore, is that the presidents uneducated claims have caused a run on drugs not verified to be effective making it more difficult - and in some cases not available for people that need it. 

There are other short term options for some (but not all) as both lupus and RA present themselves in different ways. But the anti-malarials are key to managing them both long term. So shortages can cause great pain and in some cases worse. 

And yes, when all you can get is a 1 month supply after not having any for 4+ weeks of pain because they cannot find the medication they need and only when a health professional to call many places, searching all over the place to finally get just a 30 day supply, is in fact a shortage. Additionally, being told there is no promise of any being available in 30 days when you will run is the very definition of a shortage. That is just one story. There are many others. Not to mention others do not have a health professional to call around for them. 

Not going back and forth with you. The facts are there. You can try to rationalize them away but it will not change the facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I have never said this to another es poster, but seeing as how my wife, sister and two of my niece's have lupus:

**** YOU!

IF you knew a damn thing about this disease, attacks are debilitatingly painful, and a drug regimen that works for one person may be completely ineffective or even dangerous for another. It is not like subbing ibuprofen for acetomeniphen.

have they missed a refill?

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The point is, the one you purposely want to ignore, is that the presidents uneducated claims have caused a run on drugs not verified to be effective making it more difficult - and in some cases not available for people that need it. 

the call and decision to use it did not originate with the orange fellow, it came from science.

NO DRUG is verified as effective, just promising.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twa said:

NO DRUG is verified as effective

This is the entire ****ing point everyone is making to you and why anyone suggesting to go take the drug is a ****ing ***hole. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

This is the entire ****ing point everyone is making to you and why anyone suggesting to go take the drug is a ****ing ***hole. 

including medical professionals and researchers and IA?

you don't just take a controlled substance.....well some folk do

Karen Kolb Sehlke of Tomball, TX died April 2nd after testing positive for COVID-19.

Well, I guess it isn't a hoax; now that she died from it.  Sorry, Karen but since you believed it was hoax; you probably didn't follow advice and stay at home or altered you life for the pandemic.  So, your reckless behavior led to the ultimate price.  

That's life and death!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, twa said:

the call and decision to use it did not originate with the orange fellow, it came from science.

NO DRUG is verified as effective, just promising.

True, some random doctors around the world have said it works (with some of their "clinical trials" being very dubious) before Trump. But ONCE AGAIN, you're missing the point. The point is that POTUS, who has literally hundreds of millions of people hanging on his words, is telling them all to try it if they want, that it works, and they have "nothing to lose". With that sort of massive power and audience, the responsibility of the speaker (especially in regards to such a dire life and death situation) to be ethical and convey good information is magnified a thousandfold. 

What he's doing is incredibly irresponsible. He needs to stop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4