Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

On the local front,another busy day at the store. We implemented the limited customers,1 way in 1 way out thing and seemed to go okay,(though there were a few people put out by it). Sold all kinds of essential concrete,2x4's,fence pickets,cinder blocks ect. ;)  From what I gather, near closing,(6pm),is a real popular time to show up. Sigh. Up in Reno,this all of a sudden came across the news. 

And this. 

According to locals,200 construction workers on the project. 2500 beds with 800 ICU,(unsure if those numbers are correct). Oh boy.  :( 

• Sad 2

US records highest daily death toll from Covid-19 in the world

The United States has recorded 1169 deaths from coronavirus in 24 hours, the highest daily death toll of any country so far. Over 5900 people have now died since the pandemic began and the country accounts for around a quarter of all known infections around the globe.

http://www.rfi.fr/en/international/20200403-usa-coronavirus-highest-daily-death-toll-pandemic-social-distancing-recommendations

US sets grim new global record with 1,480 COVID-19 deaths in 24 hours

The US on Friday set a new record for the number of COVID-19 deaths in one day with 1,480 dead, the most of any country since the pandemic began. That topped the record set by the US the previous day with 1,169 deaths.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-sets-grim-new-global-record-with-1480-covid-19-deaths-in-24-hours/

Sad record to have, and even worse to double on it... #AmericaFirst said the asshole leading you.

Besides sending him and his moronic administration to the moon, I would suggest to put their feet in concrete and send them swimming in the potomac. Way cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

The fixation on chloroquine is bizarre when there are many other promising anti-virals.

Favipiravir versus Arbidol for COVID-19: A Randomized Clinical Trial

The most frequently observed treatment-associated adverse events were abnormal LFT, psychiatric symptom reactions, digestive tract reactions and raised serum uric acid (3 [2.50%] in arbidol group vs 16 [13.79%] in favipiravir group. favipiravir can be considered as a preferred treatment compared to arbidol because of superior clinical recovery rate of day 7 and more effectively reduced incidence of fever, cough besides some manageable antiviral-associated adverse effects.

Two Phase III trials to study remdesivir in COVID-19 patients initiated

Efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients with COVID-19: results of a randomized clinical trial

Among patients with COVID-19, the use of HCQ could significantly shorten TTCR and promote the absorption of pneumonia.

I'm no physician but I tend to believe that HCQ is not the cure but it helps at early stages to reduce the viral load.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twa said:

I hope that the recent WH efforts to get the FDA to approve Avigan use will not trigger some folk.

I hope that the thought of politicians leaning on physicians and scientists to alter scientific and ethical considerations in favor of political ones will not send some people into political loyalty spin mode.  

Never seem to get that wish.  But I try to be an optimist.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

I hope that the thought of politicians leaning on physicians and scientists to alter scientific and ethical considerations in favor of political ones will not send some people into political loyalty spin mode.  

Never seem to get that wish.  But I try to be an optimist.  

I'm curious if you feel that way about allowing Covid testing by third parties and various methods?

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

I hope that the thought of politicians leaning on physicians and scientists to alter scientific and ethical considerations in favor of political ones

the right has been saying this same thing about global warming studies for years.... XD

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It’s wild you are still playing politics with this when people are actually dying because of it. Not really a joke anymore. 

Evil is as evil does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

Very underrated musician.  Hope he pulls through.

"Dear friends, I'm sorry to report that I am among the growing number of Americans who tested positive for the COVID-19 virus," Cross announced in a message posted to his Facebook page. "I'm not in the habit of discussing medical issues on social media, but I do so in hope this will help other people to understand how serious and how contagious this illness is. Although I am fortunate enough to be cared for at home, this is possibly the worst illness I've ever had. For those of you who still do not believe the COVID-19 virus is real, or think it is a 'hoax' or part of some conspiracy, my advice to you is to understand right now that this is a deadly illness spreading like wildfire throughout the world."

—Christopher Cross

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Sad 4

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

the right has been saying this same thing about global warming studies for years.... XD

It hasn't been true.  In fact, it's been projection.  

But you're right.  They've been saying it.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, twa said:

I'm curious if you feel that way about allowing Covid testing by third parties and various methods?

At least as far as I'm aware, each different method is being studied for accuracy.  (And I assume safety, although I'm not sure what safety implications there are in the case of a test.)  

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Noticed that number of reported new cases today in the US so far is relatively low, less than 500. Have the numbers been this low on mornings in previous days and that it's just that the figures arent reported until later?

thst is a little high for this time in the AM. Numbers don’t really start rolling in till 11 est. Also it’s the weekend... 1700 now.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

7 hours ago, FrFan said:

I'm no physician but I tend to believe that HCQ is not the cure but it helps at early stages to reduce the viral load.

Viral load is poorly associated with extent of disease for most of these types of viruses and that appears to be the case here.