Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Interesting you seized on that, instead of whether it worked or not.  

they don't know if it works or not w/o a full in depth study....have you not been listening?

😉

The President is Crazy

Al Franken

March 25, 2020

The president is crazy*. We see that every day. But he is the president. He won the election – technically. So, we just have to live with it – having a president who is clinically insane*.

There is a diagnosis – narcissistic personality disorder*. It’s a real thing. And he has it. “I alone can fix it,” he told us at the Republican National Convention. Nothing he has said or done since would lead you to any other conclusion. He is a sociopath*, our president.

It was never okay. Having a nutcase* in the White House. But somehow he had survived three-plus years without facing a huge crisis – if you don’t count his impeachment as a huge crisis, which it sort of wasn’t.  It didn’t really matter that he started his presidency by crazily insisting that his inaugural crowd was bigger than Obama’s. (What do you suppose that was about?) 

Not even one American would die because less than 24 hours into his presidency Americans were introduced to something called “alternative facts.” So, as constantly weird and offensive as it has been for Americans to have a bonkers* president, he skated through. Until Covid-19.

The president’s mental illness* allows him to be both intellectual sloth and supremely confident jerk, ever convinced that he (and he alone) can do everyone else’s job better than they. Generals, climate scientists, public health experts. And he’s always right. Because he’s a psychopath*.  And this Donald Trump brand of psychopath* is never wrong. Even when being wrong will cause the additional deaths of perhaps hundreds of thousands of Americans.

One striking aspect of Trump’s mental illness* is that he expends no energy trying to disguise it. Most successful sociopaths* put a lot of effort into hiding their illness. Not Donald Trump. It’s all right there for all of us to see, all the time.

Some very smart people have suggested that the coronavirus briefings should come from the CDC or the Department of Health and Human services – with public health experts, doctors, and other public officials giving scientifically accurate information to the press and the American people. Well, that just shows you how stupid very smart people can be.

Trump has to do the briefings. Because he won’t be able to hold a rally for months. He’s an egomaniac*. A charlatan who needs an audience to get his juices going.

https://alfranken.com/read/the-president-is-crazy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, visionary said:

It's sort of frustrating that Trump and his officials can say or leak whatever the **** they want though....

yea it is. I had the nerve to think misusing that TS safe was gonna make some heads roll. People at the top can make whatever rule they want. It’s upsetting 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redskins59 said:

Another claim that hydroxychloroquine is not effective. This is supposedly France's best hospital.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-02/hyped-malaria-drug-not-showing-much-effect-at-one-paris-hospital

I've watched Caumes interview, he might be right. Problem is that he doesn't mention his method, is it the same (dosage included) that Raoult is using ? He doesn't say.

gallery_medium.jpg

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

I've watched Caumes interview, he might be right. Problem is that he doesn't mention his method, is it the same (dosage included) that Raoult is using ? He doesn't say.

gallery_medium.jpg

I think it mentions in the article above that it was the same dosage.  The study should be interesting when they publish it.  I also posted anothet one above where supposedly the drugs are ineffective in severe cases.

13 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I think it mentions in the article above that it was the same dosage.  The study should be interesting when they publish it.  I also posted anothet one above where supposedly the drugs are ineffective in severe cases.

For now, “we have more studies showing it doesn’t work than studies showing it does,” Caumes said.

This is absolutely wrong since no state of the art clinical trial have proven that it works or not. All these studies trying to prove it works or not are irrelevant because they lack randomized double blind testings or like one chinese study was conducted on too few patients (30). Raoult was clear from the get go he said "It doesn't work in severe cases".

Why did they waited so long to conduct a state of the art trial ?

The only thing I beleieve is that we're going to beat it !!! Until then stay safe. 🙏

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

18 years in the Navy and never saw a crew act like that for a departing CO.

The CO of my last command was Grey Turkey (most senior female Captain, for those unfamiliar).Her retirement was huge, but nothing like that. 

• Like 4