Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I'm not on board the Haskins train - I just don't think the dude has it.

At this point, I am fully on board with letting Haskins play out remainder of the season.

Kyle Allen is Colt McCoy 2.0 - we know what we have regardless of if the injury is season ending or not - he's a fine/decent back up but he ain't a long term starter.

Alex is broken. He isn't getting back to his best after that injury. Love the dude's mentality and fight to come back and play football but it's time to turn the page.

Which leaves Dwayne. I don't think he is good enough. I do think that his showing in Cleveland was no worse than Alex's display tonight, and on that basis, Alex should be benched and put Haskins in. We think we know what we have but he's the only one who feels like the evaluation is incomplete. It can't be much worse and let's be real, this team does not deserve to be and should not be anywhere near the playoffs. I'll roll with Dwayne and see what he's got. Can at least maybe bump his value up a round or two if he has a halfway decent showing rather than trading him whilst it's bottomed out.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

Leaks happen everywhere. We know how the players feel in Dallas, we knew what the players in Houston felt about Bill O'Brien.  We all knew how Brett Favre treated Aaron Rodgers. Countless other examples to pull from. To claim it's unique and somehow wrong for them to happen here is utter nonsense. Without these leaks many would not be aware of the issues with Dwayne really were outside of his pitiful play on the field.  At least this gives clarity and have changed a whole lot of minds about how terribly unfair the treatment of a bad QB who is lazy and entitled was.

You used Dallas and Houston as examples of leaks hapoening? Two other incompetent franchises doing the same thing as us is NOT a good sign lol Dallas is falling apart and so was Houston under O'Brien. Favre and Rodgers relationship wasn't a leak. Favre straight up said how he felt. Show me countless other examples from a winning franchise and not other bottom feeders. Clarity for people outside the locker room shouldn't be a priority. See: Belichek's philosophy.

I can't believe I'm saying this.  But we have to go back to Haskins.  Smith gives us zero insight for the future.  At the very least, this will bring our franchise together.  We are too divided with the Haskins' lovers vs doubters (myself).  If he comes out next week and plays as well as Burrow, I will admit I am wrong and move forward together.  If he shows nothing after a few weeks, let's see what Montez has.  This doesn't change how upset I am about Allen.  I really thought he could have been the dude.  

At this point, I'm not sure what's funnier, the people that think Alex Smith was ever a good NFL qb or the ones that think Haskins could be.

I'm gonna go with the former, just because of the larger sample size.....but it's not an easy call. I don't want to watch either QB anymore, that's for sure.

36 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I can't believe I'm saying this.  But we have to go back to Haskins.  Smith gives us zero insight for the future.  At the very least, this will bring our franchise together.  We are too divided with the Haskins' lovers vs doubters (myself).  If he comes out next week and plays as well as Burrow, I will admit I am wrong and move forward together.  If he shows nothing after a few weeks, let's see what Montez has.  This doesn't change how upset I am about Allen.  I really thought he could have been the dude.  

Haskins also gives us zero insight into the future because it's quite clear that Ron is done with him. Yeah, he's said Haskins still has a chance but I think we all pretty much know that that is coach speak.

I wouldn't be against Haskins starting again necessarily, but I also wouldn't see it as any sort of insight into the future. Our future QB is not on this team yet.

42 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Yep....play Haskins now, start him. We can't watch another Alex Smith injury and it seems like it's only a matter of time with his lack of mobility and defenses coming after him. Why not start Dwayne now? We've lost twice to NYG and winning games now not only seems like a long shot but would be detrimental to our future. We need a QB in the draft at all costs unless we somehow trade for Russell Wilson (which ain't happening). 

Put it all on Dwayne and the defense moving forward....why not? 

Honestly unless The Eagles run away with the division by stringing together wins in November I don't see Rivera going to Haskins which almost guarantees the season is toast.  We see what Rivera's mindset is right now which is to try and compete in the division as long as they are mathematically in it.  The division could be had with 7 wins at this point, who knows.

There is no point in playing Haskins. I know I know "future development", lets be real Haskins is a bust. He'll be out of the league completely in a year or two tops. There isn't any upside in playing him. At least with Smith you can maybe get a functional offense and can evaluate other guys while still giving yourself some semblance of a chance of winning games.

The only actual reason I feel like I'm seeing for going back to Haskins is "why not?"

I haven't really seen any affirmative reasons to go back to him other than Alex isn't that good and we're worried about injury. I think the injury thing could potentially be valid but, IMO even though he threw a couple of really back picks today I think Alex looked much more competent in the offense than Haskins did when he was playing. 

I think most of us know that Haskins probably isn't in our long term plans and unless he comes in and just kills it, he probably isn't going to up his trade value.

So what's the reason for going back to Haskins?

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no point in playing Haskins. I know I know "future development", lets be real Haskins is a bust. He'll be out of the league completely in a year or two tops. There isn't any upside in playing him. At least with Smith you can maybe get a functional offense and can evaluate other guys while still giving yourself some semblance of a chance of winning games.

Disagree....if your'e shopping him there's reason to play him. Right now we know his value is likely 6th round pick or worse, if he plays and shows some skills maybe he improves his value. Unlikely, but possible. Maybe this benching did some good?

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The only actual reason I feel like I'm seeing for going back to Haskins is "why not?"

I haven't really seen any affirmative reasons to go back to him other than Alex isn't that good and we're worried about injury. I think the injury thing could potentially be valid but, IMO even though he threw a couple of really back picks today I think Alex looked much more competent in the offense than Haskins did when he was playing. 

I think most of us know that Haskins probably isn't in our long term plans and unless he comes in and just kills it, he probably isn't going to up his trade value.

So what's the reason for going back to Haskins?

Because playing him is the only option with the QB situation that presents any sort of upside, either in Haskins developing or a different team biting on him for a trade. Haskins has youth and an arm. If there is anything to see or show, it would be from him.

There is no logical argument for starting alex. He threw two ints back to back staring down receivers.  He has no trade value. He sucks.

Dwayne's possible trade value isnt a net 0 just because you say it is. After all you're the guy satisfied with a 36 year  old who should be retired showing "flashes". Vinny Cerato got a better eye for talent.

I got serious doubts about Haskins.  I think he ends up a Keenum, Ramsey, Campbell kind of talent.  Just a guy.  

I could be wrong.  But on this point I want whatever Rivera wants.  If he wants to give Haskins another shot, i am 100% on board.  If he wants to ride with Alex, i am 100% on board with that, too. 

The upside IMO of playing Haskins is I don't think the dude is a an awful QB, I think he's just a guy, but like most mediocre to less than that QBs, they can tease with a good game or two.  So I think we'd have a shot to up his trade value a little.   

I remember Mel Kiper was asked last off-season if Washington should draft Tua.  He said" Absolutely. If you have a chance to upgrade the qb position, you take it every time."  Tua looks good and we look like dog ****.  There is no person who can convince me that Haskins looks more promising than Tua.  

18 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Well they are rolling with Alex I guess. Dwaynes play was bad but you don’t waste a first rounder without knowing for absolutely sure, guessing he got in Rons doghouse for more than we’ve been told. 

He doesn't study film or prep at all Haskins has no desire to improve no need to put him out there again the kid has  made 14 million in guaranteed money he won't even be in the league 4 years.

In the last decade of QB picks (and even beyond) how many were thought of to have not been given a good enough chance to succeed here but then also go on to thrive elsewhere?  I am not saying the case is closed on Haskins, but I also don't get the thought process by a lot of the fans that somehow Rivera is standing in the way of him becoming this fantastic franchise QB.  There has to be more to the situation than the fans know and for the first time in awhile it seems like every grievance doesn't instantly leak to the press after every game.  

When Haskins was benched, I don't think it was merely because the team was losing, I think it was because Rivera felt the team itself had more to offer if a better performing QB was in there.  I think it is clear that both Allen & Alex Smith have run the offense better to varying degrees.  It hasn't resulted in a ton of wins, but it feels like every game they have been in and had a chance to win.  I totally get that Haskins needs time to develop, but he is not your typical high draft pick that is experienced and seasoned at QB, and for the fans to demand he learn to play the position 100% on the field, well you are also going to start losing other members of the offense and team.    

The reality is Haskins probably should have been a later round draft pick and stashed away lower on the depth chart and developed off the bench for a couple seasons before he ever saw action on the field, but because of the way this organization is run, he ended up playing last season, so then going into this season there was this automatic assumption that he was now ready to take his development onto the field.  Sorry, he still doesn't look ready.  It doesn't mean he won't eventually be though.

16 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I remember Mel Kiper was asked last off-season if Washington should draft Tua.  He said" Absolutely. If you have a chance to upgrade the qb position, you take it every time."  Tua looks good and we look like dog ****.  There is no person who can convince me that Haskins looks more promising than Tua.  

Yeah it was sure interesting just now to watch highlights of Tua going gangbusters against the Cards.

Archived