Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

10 hours ago, IrepDC said:

and the Coach throws him under the bus completely trashing him to the point it's obvious the bridge is on fire.

Hyperbole much?  I'd be interested to see the quotes you are referring to from Coach, because to this point I've seen and heard nothing even remotely like what you've described.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Hyperbole much?  I'd be interested to see the quotes you are referring to from Coach, because to this point I've seen and heard nothing even remotely like what you've described.

It’s Haskins fan speak for, “our guy didn’t perform well on the field and had a bad look off the field, but I won’t admit any wrong doing on his end whatsoever so I’m going to blame Rivera for literally all of it, let Snyder and Allen escape blameless and not allow for a single ounce of accountability on the young QB who could use some accountability”.

Deflecting 101.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

"It's unfair to the other 52 guys on the team" 

Maybe you never played sports but thats a clear cut example. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Do you think this would stop teams from doing their own scouting and due diligence? 

The point is us always showing our hand. Everyone knows when players are going to be out here or in the dog house here. The value is gone when you know the player can be had for little to nothing. The best example is Trent last year. We got into a battle with a HOFer and were more worried about sticking it to him than reconciling or getting value resulting in the 49ers getting STILL a top 5 LT for next to nothing. This issue is bigger than Haskins. His trade value being next to nothing is a symptom of our business practices.

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

"It's unfair to the other 52 guys on the team" 

Maybe you never played sports but thats a clear cut example. 

Not sports but similar. I have been a member of multiple 300+ groups where the lead man straight up will tell you if you are not pulling your weight and thus have lost your position of leadership to promote another guy. It happens in any good organization. There is nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It’s Haskins fan speak for, “our guy didn’t perform well on the field and had a bad look off the field, but I won’t admit any wrong doing on his end whatsoever so I’m going to blame Rivera for literally all of it, let Snyder and Allen escape blameless and not allow for a single ounce of accountability on the young QB who could use some accountability”.

Deflecting 101.

You guys are the ones deflecting, making it like I'm a Haskins homer when I'm not. You in particular KEEP saying I'm placing everything on Rivera, when I'm not.  You keep saying I am letting Snyder off when I haven't lol.. You aren't actually responding to me or my points. You respond to a narrative or strawman that's easier to debate. I have talked about this issue and the culture with plenty of players over the years. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Not sports but similar. I have been a member of multiple 300+ groups where the lead man straight up will tell you if you are not pulling your weight and thus have lost your position of leadership to promote another guy. It happens in any good organization. There is nothing wrong with that. 

In the context of saying it in front of the media/ world, it's not smart. In the locker room, sure, but doing it publicly isn't the way. Smart teams keep those things in house. We love our soap opera more than football in DC though.

Edited by IrepDC
3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

The point is us always showing our hand. Everyone knows when players are going to be out here or in the dog house here. The value is gone when you know the player can be had for little to nothing

They know this anyway. It's common sense. Teams--even the really poorly run ones--know when a player is in the dog house or can be had cheaply.

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

The best example is Trent last year. We got into a battle with a HOFer and were more worried about sticking it to him than reconciling or getting value resulting in the 49ers getting STILL a top 5 LT for next to nothing. This issue is bigger than Haskins. His trade value being next to nothing is a symptom of our business practices.

It's totally different. We had a 1 on the table for Trent. Allen botched it. Then, every tackle needy team took tackles in the draft. No one is giving us anything for Haskins because he's terrible. Nothing the team says is going to change that. Again, simple, common sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Riggo#44 said:

They know this anyway. It's common sense. Teams--even the really poorly run ones--know when a player is in the dog house or can be had cheaply.

It's totally different. We had a 1 on the table for Trent. Allen botched it. Then, every tackle needy team took tackles in the draft. No one is giving us anything for Haskins because he's terrible. Nothing the team says is going to change that. Again, simple, common sense.

I'm not about to debate it lol believe what you want. Until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change, it's clear some people will make excuses for the losing culture here. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Why? 

It sets a bad precedent. Hence we are THE team for leaks and gossip year in and year out. You either have a "keep things in house" locker room or you don't. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

It sets a bad precedent. Hence we are THE team for leaks and gossip year in and year out. You either have a "keep things in house" locker room or you don't. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Meh. I think you are making things up to fit your narrative of "something must be wrong" now. This **** could have dragged on for weeks if we would have tried to hide what was going on. Instead its basically you, me and a few fat guys on the internet talking about it. Its a non issue. If anything Ron put the heat on himself and told the team to keep playing football. But I get we dont agree here so im not really asking you to accept my view of it. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

There is a lot wrong with this. Especially for a young person just starting their career. I just look at how AP and Smith handled this vs how Ron handled it. Two different things that got two different results. 

In grad school I had a professor who I was doing research with. Regardless of the fact that I came into his office with new results (that would later be published as original work) he felt it was his duty to try to embarrass me in front of the lab (the other students under him) because of my 'stupid' question. He implied that I hadn't done the reading, and that I wasn't going to make it in grad school. This highly upset me to such a level that I left his group that day. I finished working with him and wanted nothing to do with him since. This was some of the most fun work I did in grad school but I gave it up because the guy leading the group was a dick. 

Ron may not be a dick, but this was a dick move. And unless he knows Dwayne's personality and how this will motivate him, this could have burned bridges with him and Dwayne. i know it burned bridges with him and me in terms of how he handled Dwayne. 

And fast forward to today and I know my freakin worth and if somebody wants to try to talk to me like that I'll quickly tell them where to shove it. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Meh. I think you are making things up to fit your narrative of "something must be wrong" now. This **** could have dragged on for weeks if we would have tried to hide what was going on. Instead its basically you, me and a few fat guys on the internet talking about it. Its a non issue. If anything Ron put the heat on himself and told the team to keep playing football. But I get we dont agree here so im not really asking you to accept my view of it. 

Lol the reality of it is in front of you but I'm making it up. We have conflicting leaks about Kerrigan requesting a trade this very moment. I guess when dysfunction is all many of our fans know, it seems normal after a while. I don't have an issue with anyone's perspective though lol yall are the ones who got riled up at me calling out the loser culture we have. I'm only responding to the rush of notifications I got about the one Haskins post. I post on plenty of things on our team, but mentioning him always brings about a big response.

12 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I'm not about to debate it lol believe what you want. Until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change, it's clear some people will make excuses for the losing culture here. 

I'll believe it because I'm right.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I can point to a winning organization in the Steelers. Before Brown got traded we heard nothing bad about him. He was just a player on the field. I think there was one thing where he uploaded a video in the locker room and maybe another where he criticized Ben. The Steelers kept quiet on him, traded him for a 3rd and a 5th and then ALL THIS comes out. You think he wasn't acting up there? It just didn't get out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Lol the reality of it is in front of you but I'm making it up. We have conflicting leaks about Kerrigan requesting a trade this very moment. I guess when dysfunction is all many of our fans know, it seems normal after a while. I don't have an issue with anyone's perspective though lol yall are the ones who got riled up at me calling out the loser culture we have. I'm only responding to the rush of notifications I got about the one Haskins post. I post on plenty of things on our team, but mentioning him always brings about a big response.

You know how I know you are taking this a step farther than necessary? You replied to me talking about yall. I was just trying to throw some ideas your way homie. But I see you have been in this fight so long that everything seems like an attack at this point. My b.  

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

I can point to a winning organization in the Steelers. Before Brown got traded we heard nothing bad about him. He was just a player on the field. I think there was one thing where he uploaded a video in the locker room and maybe another where he criticized Ben. The Steelers kept quiet on him, traded him for a 3rd and a 5th and then ALL THIS comes out. You think he wasn't acting up there? It just didn't get out.

There are so many examples like this, but I think many fans only pay attention to our team(understandable) so they don't know that the things we do aren't normal. 

Just now, IrepDC said:

Yep we got great value for Trent and we always get great value for our players, you're right. We never mismanage these situations.

"Allen botched it." I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said. Haskins is worthless because he sucks--nothing Rivera says or doesn't say is going to change that. Again, do you think teams won't do due diligence because Rivera gives him the thumbs up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Llevron said:

You know how I know you are taking this a step farther than necessary? You replied to me talking about yall. I was just trying to throw some ideas your way homie. But I see you have been in this fight so long that everything seems like an attack at this point. My b.  

Not an attack lol I didn't take offense. Excuse my tone. I respect all opinions and just said "yall" because about 5 people all responded to the post at once. My bad.

• Like 1

Not sure if this was posted, haven't gone back through the thread. But this pretty much explains the benching. Not sure what people saw on Twitter, they keep saying Haskins wasn't bad. From what I saw it looked like Haskins was completely lost and had no ability to run the offense outside of completing passes around the line of scrimmage. And this definitely shows Allen is a huge upgrade.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I can point to a winning organization in the Steelers. Before Brown got traded we heard nothing bad about him. He was just a player on the field. 

AB's problems with ****sburgh was national news in '18 ... and highly documented.  Everybody knew.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/12/31/18163364/antonio-brown-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-drama-locker-room-fight-injury

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29995/inside-the-antonio-brown-steelers-drama-its-probably-over

https://www.nfl.com/news/antonio-brown-skipped-walkthrough-left-game-early-0ap3000001006628

many more examples available ...

Edited by 09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

There’s a massive difference between anonymous sources leaking out info about a disgruntled locker room and a coach coming out and making it clear what happened. He got in front of the situation before speculation ran rampant and media ran with any conspiracy told to them by someone who claims to be on the inside. Every time you change a QB you’re going to have to answer questions about it. 

43 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

"Allen botched it." I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said. Haskins is worthless because he sucks--nothing Rivera says or doesn't say is going to change that. Again, do you think teams won't do due diligence because Rivera gives him the thumbs up?

No Haskins is worthless because he’s been handling this poorly. With his arm and his talent, if he was more willing to do what he needed to do to get better there would be a dozen teams asking and he’d probably still be starting for us.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No Haskins is worthless because he’s been handling this poorly. With his arm and his talent, if he was more willing to do what he needed to do to get better there would be a dozen teams asking and he’d probably still be starting for us.

We can sit and say whatever we want--but every team knows this. This isn't a secret.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

We can sit and say whatever we want--but every team knows this. This isn't a secret.

Not saying they don't, but if he had a greater work ethic and humility the outlook on him would be vastly different. Most failed QBs fall into two categories - Good, team-first guys with smarts but not a lot of talent, and the uber-talented guys that had gotten to where they were because of that supreme talent. There's a better chance second-chance success stories come out of that second group because you can't teach talent and maturity and humility can easily come from a wake-up call. Not saying Dwayne is there yet or will ever get there, but if he does then he could still have a very good career in the league. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not saying they don't, but if he had a greater work ethic and humility the outlook on him would be vastly different. Most failed QBs fall into two categories - Good, team-first guys with smarts but not a lot of talent, and the uber-talented guys that had gotten to where they were because of that supreme talent. There's a better chance second-chance success stories come out of that second group because you can't teach talent and maturity and humility can easily come from a wake-up call. Not saying Dwayne is there yet or will ever get there, but if he does then he could still have a very good career in the league. 

Fully agreeing with you. It's rare you see players with poor work ethic suddenly get it and turn it around. It happens, but very rarely. 

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic