Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

On 11/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, El Mexican said:

Interesting graph. Sample size on Allen is way too small, though.

He's better than Haskins, of course, but the real difference maker is in the intangibles (where Haskins also failed miserably).

I'm talking about the way Jones played the Bucs last night. The pathetic Giants gave them a real scare mainly bc of his great throws.

That last drive by the kid showed he has a huge upside. Sadly, we never saw that with Haskins.

How are we to see it if he isn’t playing. His last game was a 300 yard no turnovers game and then he’s benched. He wasn’t perfect but damn! On the same note, Jones keeps making the same mistakes,in the same games and he’s never in danger of being benched.

On 11/4/2020 at 9:45 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan talked about this some this morning and I agreed with his point.  It's doubtful that Rivera feels that hot about Haskins.  the leaks came from credible sources.  being demoted to third string speaks for itself.

But the issue is if they want to trade Haskins, if various national and local reporters are correct, other teams aren't interested.   And you need to try to jack up trade value.  The Cards did it well with Josh Rosen where they were pumping him up as a possiblity to still be the starter right until they finally traded him. to dump Haskins you got to try to do something similar.

If haskins was brimming with talent and it was about Rivera being some mean spirited dolt as for wanting to discard Haskins then teams would be lining up for a trade.  The Cards had no problem finding multiple suitors for Rosen as an example.   But alas clearly the league isn't in love with Haskins.  The idea as Keim said that its possible that Haskins wouild have fallen out of the first round if the WFT didn't take him -- seems to be coming to life in the context of interest around the league.  Granted it likely will be easier to trade Haskins in the off season but am still doubting they get much.

This is angle is way overplayed by Sheehan, too many relationships in the NFL for word not to surface about a player behind the scenes. The idea Rivera can throw a blanket over a situation and hide whatever in today’s day and age is a reach. It comes down to an FO having Haskins ranked highly as a draft pick and that coinciding with them having a need at QB. 

It’s not a situation of the Cardinals doing anything special to increase his value back then, there was rumblings about Rosen and his work ethic in AZ. The Dolphins liked Rosen in the draft and had a great need at QB, this increased his value for that particular franchise and that there were a couple other suitors. 

Haskins projects as needing more time, so he’ll most likely have suitors from teams with established QBs and the need not high for those respective teams and his value being lower. Also, if it’s known behind the scenes he lacks intangibles this will factor in his value as well. 

4 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

How are we to see it if he isn’t playing. His last game was a 300 yard no turnovers game and then he’s benched. He wasn’t perfect but damn! On the same note, Jones keeps making the same mistakes,in the same games and he’s never in danger of being benched.

Haskins is trash that should have been taken out at the trade deadline.  Now we’re all subjected to 1/4 of ES’ers sticking up for him when they probably didn’t like him in the first place.  I don’t understand where everyone keeps coming out of the woodwork for this guy🤷🏽‍♂️

4 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Stats are not everything.

Most of those games with him at QB were complete runoffs and he padded his numbers in garbage time.

We had no chance and Haskins showed no energy to make a difference. No 3rd down conversion ability. Wild throws. No fire. Nada.

At least Allen keeps us in the game.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:35 PM, IrepDC said:

Lol the reality of it is in front of you but I'm making it up. We have conflicting leaks about Kerrigan requesting a trade this very moment. I guess when dysfunction is all many of our fans know, it seems normal after a while. I don't have an issue with anyone's perspective though lol yall are the ones who got riled up at me calling out the loser culture we have. I'm only responding to the rush of notifications I got about the one Haskins post. I post on plenty of things on our team, but mentioning him always brings about a big response.

First off I agree, "maybe you haven't played sports" is just so weak and insulting.  Stay on point.

Leaks happen everywhere. We know how the players feel in Dallas, we knew what the players in Houston felt about Bill O'Brien.  We all knew how Brett Favre treated Aaron Rodgers. Countless other examples to pull from. To claim it's unique and somehow wrong for them to happen here is utter nonsense. Without these leaks many would not be aware of the issues with Dwayne really were outside of his pitiful play on the field.  At least this gives clarity and have changed a whole lot of minds about how terribly unfair the treatment of a bad QB who is lazy and entitled was.

22 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Every Haskins defender points to this game as proof that Haskins is legit.  Did you even watch the game?  more than half of his 300+ yards came after the Ravens had built a 28-10 lead and had gone into prevent D to prevent any quick scores, giving Haskins all the underneath throws.

On 11/6/2020 at 7:19 PM, wit33 said:

This is angle is way overplayed by Sheehan, too many relationships in the NFL for word not to surface about a player behind the scenes. The idea Rivera can throw a blanket over a situation and hide whatever in today’s day and age is a reach. It comes down to an FO having Haskins ranked highly as a draft pick and that coinciding with them having a need at QB. 

It’s not a situation of the Cardinals doing anything special to increase his value back then, there was rumblings about Rosen and his work ethic in AZ. The Dolphins liked Rosen in the draft and had a great need at QB, this increased his value for that particular franchise and that there were a couple other suitors. 

Haskins projects as needing more time, so he’ll most likely have suitors from teams with established QBs and the need not high for those respective teams and his value being lower. Also, if it’s known behind the scenes he lacks intangibles this will factor in his value as well. 

I agree to an extent.  And I've endorsed Rivera's handling of Haskins.  However, i do think the demotion to third string is telling to other teams as to what they think of him and by extension doesn't help trade value. 

I am the one who posted the articles here about Rosen's work ethic so I am well aware.  But as to Rosen it was nowhere as intense both from the number of stories and number of sources as the Haskins work ethic stuff. 

Haskins narrative is a mile more intense than Rosen.   Multiple regimes not liking his work ethic.  Then, you add that the WFT FO supposedly not rating Haskins as a first rounder.   And, arguably reputation wise the biggest buffoon owner in the NFL supposedly overriding his top personnel guy and scouts on the decision of drafting him.  There is a lot cooking in that soup.

So if Haskins was red flagged for his work ethic before the draft as a personnel guy from another team told Standig -- and you got all these narratives that double down on those concerns -- that's a lot to digest for teams wanting to bank on him. 

So lol that pretty much backs your point but with the disclaimer that it doesn't hurt to at least try to send out some love to the narrative that maybe Haskins has a promising future whether they believe it or not.   

Just now, IrepDC said:

I have been explaining how Haskins is the latest career effected by our loser culture lol comprehension is key.

But you clearly said this isn't about Haskins. Isn't that the point of the thread? Staying on topic is key. I play sports.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

But you clearly said this isn't about Haskins. Isn't that the point of the thread? Staying on topic is key. I play sports.

Comprehension is key. If you can't follow the point reply to someone you understand. Not talking in circles to make the same basic point.

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Are you self aware that you haven't comprehended my point, and continue replying to antagonize instead of actually have a discussion? Lol 

Really? That's funny...considering you talk in circles to make the same point that no one cares about. So yeah...you got me there.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Really? That's funny...considering you talk in circles to make the same point that no one cares about. So yeah...you got me there.

You have a personal vendetta now based on the sports thing, I guess lol. Whatever.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

No, I actually don't think or care about you at all, and only replied to your snarky comment with all the effort it deserved.

Okay dude I'm here to talk football. Get off my line if you don't have anything football related.

You disagree with my breakdown of how the loser culture here has effected Haskins career. Great! I am secure enough to stand on my opinion. Calling me snarky doesn't invalidate anything I said. 

Just now, IrepDC said:

Okay dude I'm here to talk football. Get off my line if you don't have anything football related.

You disagree with my breakdown of how the loser culture here has effected Haskins career. Great! I am secure enough to stand on my opinion. Calling me snarky doesn't invalidate anything I said. 

No I just want you to focus on Haskins. There are other threads for "loser culture." Rules of the board. Comprehension is key. I play sports so my opinion matters.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

No I just want you to focus on Haskins. There are other threads for "loser culture." Rules of the board. Comprehension is key. I play sports so my opinion matters.

You keep mentioning playing sports just shows that comment made you insecure. Wrapping your insecurities in the straw man that I'm off topic, speaking about how the loser culture effected Haskins development, is so very clever. You sure showed me. 

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

You keep mentioning playing sports just shows that comment made you insecure. Wrapping your insecurities in the straw man that I'm off topic, speaking about how the loser culture effected Haskins development, is so very clever. You sure showed me. 

I WIN! I WIN!

Archived