Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

46 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Well there were also speculation that the reason KOC decided to not stay on board, was because he did not believe Haskins was good enough to be a long term QB and he did not want to hitch his trailer to him with little confidence that he would be successful. 

I dont know that there is any actual evidence of this, but it's something I have heard more than once... from more than one place. 

That makes sense. I wonder if he would be more open to him as a backup. Answer is still probably no - I doubt Haskins can master a complex offense

33 minutes ago, method man said:

That makes sense. I wonder if he would be more open to him as a backup. Answer is still probably no - I doubt Haskins can master a complex offense

Much More likely Rivera didn’t want hutch himself not KOC and wanted his own guy. 

4 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Well there were also speculation that the reason KOC decided to not stay on board, was because he did not believe Haskins was good enough to be a long term QB and he did not want to hitch his trailer to him with little confidence that he would be successful. 

I dont know that there is any actual evidence of this, but it's something I have heard more than once... from more than one place. 

It wasn’t his decision. Ron didn’t want to keep him. KOC was under contract. Ron had to get Dan to approve not keeping KOC.

He’s no longer calling plays with the Rams. It’s a demotion. KOC and Haskins had a lot of hype and every little production. They were perfect for each other. Frauds.

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It wasn’t his decision. Ron didn’t want to keep him. KOC was under contract. Ron had to get Dan to approve not keeping KOC.

He’s no longer calling plays with the Rams. It’s a demotion. KOC and Haskins had a lot of hype and every little production. They were perfect for each other. Frauds.

Whatever happened to the guy who preceded O'Connell here, Matt Cavanaugh ?

Was he hired by anyone ?

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Was he hired by anyone ?

I remember him more as a backup QB than a coach. He backed up Joe Montana and was the giants 3rd string QB when they won the super bowl. I would assume Jacksonville would be where he landed but not positive. 

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Was he hired by anyone ?

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I remember him more as a backup QB than a coach. He backed up Joe Montana and was the giants 3rd string QB when they won the super bowl. I would assume Jacksonville would be where he landed but not positive. 

He's not coaching anywhere ATM, I don't believe. 

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Any draft pick compensation should be enough for him.

I disagree. He's still valuable as a developmental QB. I'd keep him before giving him away for a "bag of doritos."  He has shown enough for that role and has tools teams covet.  

Trading that away for less than say a fourth would be a bad decision in my opinion. Think of it this way, would you draft a QB like Haskins in the 4th round with his skill set with red flags about work ethic. Many teams would, hoping they could get thru to him as a person.

20 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

I disagree. He's still valuable as a developmental QB. I'd keep him before giving him away for a "bag of doritos."  He has shown enough for that role and has tools teams covet.  

Trading that away for less than say a fourth would be a bad decision in my opinion. Think of it this way, would you draft a QB like Haskins in the 4th round with his skill set with red flags about work ethic. Many teams would, hoping they could get thru to him as a person.

If no one traded for Rosen from Miami I doubt you’d get a 4th for Haskins.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Rosen did net picks when he was traded to Miami, and it was reported that Miami fielded trade calls but declined when it was looking like his time was done there. Not saying those carried great value, but it appears they could have got some compensation back for him. 

As for a 4th for Haskins, yeah I’d agree that looks a reach at the moment.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Rosen did net picks when he was traded to Miami, and it was reported that Miami fielded trade calls but declined when it was looking like his time was done there. Not saying those carried great value, but it appears they could have got some compensation back for him. 

I dont disagree with a fourth being a reach, my point is that I can understand the coaches wanting at least that much or just keeping him as a developmental QB before just getting him out of the building for a seventh.  

You keep him and development him at that bottom dollar price considering his skillset. 

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

I dont disagree with a fourth being a reach, my point is that I can understand the coaches wanting at least that much or just keeping him as a developmental QB before just getting him out of the building for a seventh.  

I’d agree with this, at the minute anyway. 

33 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I bet teams were offering players in exchange which is why they turned it down. Rather have an open roster spot.

Haskins has no value.  His value will not continue to grow because he's not playing.  He's not playing because he cannot run this offense efficiently.  He can't complete short passes required of a starting caliber NFL QB.  Take whatever you can get.  In other news, Tua looks great.  The kid in San Diego looks really good.  Why do the Redskins draft HORRIBLE qb's?  

7 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

In other news, Tua looks great. 

Not today. 

And there's word that the Dolphins made the move to him because they have a ton of first round picks and want to be sure Tua is the guy. If he doesn't impress, they could move on.

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Not today. 

And there's word that the Dolphins made the move to him because they have a ton of first round picks and want to be sure Tua is the guy. If he doesn't impress, they could move on.

was reading that earlier, that pick they got from the Texans could be top 5. Smart move to see what Tua gives them right now.

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

Not today. 

As they should. A draft pick should be considered a date not a marriage. If it’s awkward and not going well you move on fast. That’s the prudent move. 

Archived