Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Having Fun with Our Misery: Most Redskins way for season to play out?

NoCalMike

They go 7-9 narrowly beating the Eagles in the last game.  After the game several players tweet that they run the NFCE still.  After that.... They fire Gruden but keep Bruce.  Bruce trades the next two year 1st round picks to move up two spots in the first round to draft a QB that most assumed would be available in the 3rd round.  The pick tears his ACL and MCL walking up on the stage.  Bruce then waits till June to hire our next HC who is a 58 year old DB junior college coach with a lot of enthusiasm that no one has heard of.  They cover half the seats at FED EX with more tarps and declare sellout expectations for 2019.  Extremeskins.com is finally flooded with the Alex Smith fans that we were warned about the previous summer.  Merry Christmas.

Many say "hey we're alive", then as an earlier poster said "we get curbed stomped" 35-3 by the Jags.  Although bruised and badly battered there will still be life in this team.  The Titans then pound us into submission.  Longstanding Redskins fans will rush the field after the game to resuscitate so there is at least a faint heartbeat for the final game. Then the Eagles will swoop in and rip it out. The Redskins way... 

21 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Dan Snyder enter the concussion protocol...

He's been in that protocol for the last 18 years.

12 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Dan T.'s friends and family lament that he wasn't around to watch the Redskins beat the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl...

And we won that Super Bowl on a 2 pointer pass from JJ to Doctson, who was wide open after Fuller gets mixed up. Reid gets upset in the offseason and wants to trade Fuller back for Guice.

17 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Fournette gets his first 100 yard game this season.

I had him on my team earlier this season, dropped him right before he got good.  My opponent has him in our playoffs this week, so I am fully expecting a three-TD game from him.

My prediction for the Redskins is that they win a meaningless week 17 game to get to 7-9.  Which will lose me $20.

I don't know what team you all are watching sometimes.  Most Redskins way for this season to end.  Let's see a streak of wins would get us into the playoffs.  When that is possible it happens.  So we go 3-0 to make the playoff, lose in the WildCard round.

We have multiple  severe injuries each game

Eagles are on the verge of running injured Carson Wentz into the ground so that it looks like a repeat of what happened to RGIII.  Yesterday at local Goodwill saw a RGIII jersey for sale.  As far as this thread goes here is my major concern.

I think this Skins team has quit on the owner, front office and the head coach.  Skins may not win another game this year which forces Snyder to finally blow this team up.  Watching the Cleveland Browns tonight do well with a young quarterback irritates me because it has shown how badly our team has fallen off the rails.  I wonder how many ES fans will be even watching tomorrow's game on tv or listening to the game on radio.   We need a General Manager who actually knows something about football, drafting players, and making effective trades.  Tired of other teams suckering our team into terrible trades.  Andy Reed unloading Donovan McNabb....Norv Turner bringing in ex-Cowboys players who stunk...etc. etc.  How about Broncos giving us Portis and Skins trading away Champ Bailey.  Last year we dump Spencer Long and he is starting for the Jets now.  Often our ex-Skins players move on to other teams and perform better- Mark Schlereth playing for the Denver Broncos is a good example.

Down 30 points with 4 minutes to go, Gruden calls for Chris Thompson to run it up the gut on 3rd and 13. CT gets leveled at the line, causing him to tear his ACL and MCL, condemning him to IR in 2019.

Gruden decides to have Tress Way throw a pass on 4th down. Way gets tackled and breaks his leg in two places.

Josh Johnson steps in to lead the Redskins to the SuperBowl, slightly spraining his knee in the first quarter when Mark Sanchez comes in for a possession.  Johnson says "**** this ****," and rallies.   Down early in the first quarter, he rallies the team to score 35 2nd quarter points, Redskins end up winning a blowout 42-10.

Now a Redskins legend, he comes back in 2019 but is never able to bottle the lightning that struck for him in the SuperBowl.  He goes on to coach at the high school level, working his way up to the HBCU coaching level where he finds success.  Eventually he's hired by the Redskins in 2045 in a role that's not clearly defined, but everyone's happy that he's back and representing the team until four years later when they claim a linebacker off waivers who's in the middle of a domestic dispute case.  Johnson, hung out to dry by the chicken**** GM and owner and having to face the press, catches fire on a national level for calling the claims against the linebacker "small potatoes," yet is still beloved by a fanbase that has gone for a long stretch without a winner.  

Yesterday pretty much sums it up. We beat a 4-9 Jags team, and end up loosing the next 2 to finish at 7-9. Which just happens to be good enough to keep both Jay and Bruce, and keep us out of better draft picks in 2019. When a 'win" becomes a "lose/lose". It doesn't get anymore Redskins than that.

54 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Yesterday pretty much sums it up. We beat a 4-9 Jags team, and end up loosing the next 2 to finish at 7-9. Which just happens to be good enough to keep both Jay and Bruce, and keep us out of better draft picks in 2019. When a 'win" becomes a "lose/lose". It doesn't get anymore Redskins than that.

You've been predicting losses all year.

Wouldn't it be something if we made the playoffs with this clown show of an operation? What would you do if you are the other 20 teams sitting at home watching the Washington buffoons play in January with their 4th QB?

Redskins start rolling Saturday...completely shut down Henry and neutralize Mariota. Win that game going away...

Then at home vs. Philly Josh Johnson is injured and Mark Sanchez opts out. Jordan Reed comes in with the Skins trailing by 6...goes 4/4 for 56 yards and throws a TD to Sprinkle. Hopkins slips on the PAT and we go to OT. 

In overtime, Sudfeld relieves Foles and leads a 75 yard TD drive to end our playoff hopes. 

The most Redskins thing would be to beat the Titans and lay a complete egg against the Eagles in a “win and in” game.  

I doubt they beat the Titans.  However losing to the Eagles to be eliminated from the playoffs would be SO Jay Gruden.

It would also accomplish  something Jay has been trying to do for 3 years and just missed each time: go 8-8.

Got to 9-7, 8-7-1, 7-9, always a game or less away from perfect mediocrity.  

Hes is going to hit it eventually...

Montae Nicholson plays and somehow Reuben Foster is cleared to play and he plays..very first play doctson breaks his arm and the emergency backup wide receiver is Michael Irving so he's brought into play and Josh Norman is ejected from the game for shooting a real arrow at Dan Snyder so they have to bring in an emergency corner in deion Sanders and before games end half the cast from that one stupid ass football movie with Adam Sandler is playing and the skins win and the team is sold to the dude here who owns melaleuca and we change the name to the Idaho Spud heads..

Redskins end up tied with two other teams, lose tie breaker on something weird like "Strength of Victory" (ALA 1979).  During the off season, Goodell admits that he doesn't know what that even means or what a catch is either.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

For those too young to have lived through this:

The 1979 season of the Washington Redskins in American professional football began with the team trying to improve on their 8–8 record from 1978. While the Redskins were able to improve their record; finishing 10–6, the Redskins were eliminated from playoff contention on the final week of the season when, facing the Dallas Cowboys with the NFC East title on the line, Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach led a last-minute comeback to defeat Washington 35–34 to win the division; which combined with the Chicago Bears defeating the St. Louis Cardinals 42–6, resulted in the Redskins losing a points tiebreaker for the final wild-card slot.

If I am reading this right, we were +53 on points and the Bears were +57 (which included +36 in their last game of the season).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1979/

I've revised my thought on this.  Now I think the most Redskins way for this season to end is to have Johnson lead the Skins to an improbable upset over the Titans, and then Gruden starts McCoy for the final game of the year only to get shredded by the Eagles. 

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

I've revised my thought on this.  Now I think the most Redskins way for this season to end is to have Johnson lead the Skins to an improbable upset over the Titans, and then Gruden starts McCoy for the final game of the year only to get shredded by the Eagles. 

Dude.  Absolutley.  +1000 this would be it.

Image result for antonio banderas meme

This should be Obvious. 

The most Redskins way for this season to end. 

Skins beat the Titans and crush the eagles.  Vikes win this week but Bears lose and rams win. Meaning - That Kirk Cousins is playing a home game against a division team that is already locked in the #3 seed regardless of what happens while the Vikes make the playoffs with a win, and are out with if they lose. Just like the last game of the 2016 season.

During the vikes / bears game - The bears dominate the game but the vikes find themselfs down by 3 with 2 mins left.  

Just like 2016.

But instead of a int that ends the season -Kirk Cousins puts together a 85 yard, 7 for 7 drive that ends with a TD in the final seconds that sends the vikes to playoffs and skins home.

THAT is the Redskins end.  

Archived