Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

2 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Talking about the Raiders trading C. Mack on NY radio. They want the Jets to get him. Any chance the Skins can get him and do we want him? I do.

I would love to have him. Just not at the price it would take to get him.

5 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Talking about the Raiders trading C. Mack on NY radio. They want the Jets to get him. Any chance the Skins can get him and do we want him? I do.

Absolutely. Mack, Watt, Miller and Donald are game changers. Unfortunately we don’t have much in trade bait.

8 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Who is C. Mack? Do you mean Khalil Mack? If you do, then they'll want a first, and he's wants a big contract which I don't think we have the cap space for.

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Who is C. Mack? Do you mean Khalil Mack? If you do, then they'll want a first, and he's wants a big contract which I don't think we have the cap space for.

I'd only consider trading for Mack if we were one player away from competing for the Super Bowl. Since we aren't in that position, I say we pass.

Trading Preston and a pick for Mack and having him and Kerrigan would be amazing. However, he would be expensive to sign, would probably cost too much even with swapping Smith, and he plays on the same side as Kerrigan. I know guys move around but would put one of them out of their comfort zone.

Without considering the above, he and Kerrigan paired with our DL would be beastly.

34 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I'd only consider trading for Mack if we were one player away from competing for the Super Bowl. Since we aren't in that position, I say we pass.

I would think it would take 2 no 1s to get him but do any of you guys think that if we had him our D would jump up to where a no1 would be around 25? I would give up Smith and a no1 easy. Thought we had money left in our cap as we did not use all of it last year. 

2 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I would think it would take 2 no 1s to get him but do any of you guys think that if we had him our D would jump up to where a no1 would be around 25? I would give up Smith and a no1 easy. Thought we had money left in our cap as we did not use all of it last year. 

Mack is awesome but I think sacrificing a 1st rounder is too much. Although the circumstances were different, I hope the RGIII saga taught us the dangers of leveraging the future like that.

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I hear ya, but Lanier can get to the passer....still only 25, lets coach him up vs the run. And maybe he improves against the run with someone solid next to him like Payne and/or Allen? Regardless, it's gonna be fun watching our interior get after it with the edge rushers we have. Not to mention a new QB, rookie RB and a healthy Reed. Let's go.

With as bad as our run D is, and as good as we are with getting after the QB without him, I really don't care how good he is getting after the QB. A DT who's one trick is pass rushing doesn't do a thing for me.

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

With as bad as our run D is, and as good as we are with getting after the QB without him, I really don't care how good he is getting after the QB. A DT who's one trick is pass rushing doesn't do a thing for me.

Yeah, barring injury, I don’t see him lining up in anything but 3rd and long.  But, he was at least a part of why our pressure was so good last year, and there’s value in that.  

I’m with you though in that I’m far more concerned with stopping the run.  

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The thing I love about the new stadium is it's transparent.

So you don't even need to buy tickets. You can just stand outside and see through the stadium and see all that's happening.

Except when we play the Giants. Then all you'll see is the plumber cracks of their fans (and maybe a little vomit) No thanks

4 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Mack is awesome but I think sacrificing a 1st rounder is too much. Although the circumstances were different, I hope the RGIII saga taught us the dangers of leveraging the future like that.

Except Mack is an established all pro dpoy type.. not some stiff from a spread offense.

You absolutely trade a 1st for that guy, maybe even a little more.

5 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Mack has gone to the Pro Bowl at 2 different positions in the NFL. It's not even a far comparison. A gimmick College QB vs. a guy that is top tier at either DE or OLB.

6 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

How do you know we're not? Who was the one player missing from the eagles last year? Who's the one player we do need? 

14 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Real talk id give kerrigan and a 2nd

I'm not sure about signing these defensive players to 100 million dollar contracts. In a salary cap world, maybe QB money should be reserved for QB's. 

Looking at Kerrigan and Khalil, it might be heresy to say this, but maybe we would be better off with Kerrigan and the pick and the financial savings. Kerrigan's contract is relatively friendly for the next 3 years at 12.5, 14 and 12 million dollars. And I know this might be heresy, but Kerrigan produced more sacks than Khalil in both 2016 and 2017. Over the last 4 years, Kerrigan produced 13.5, 9.5, 11, and 13 sacks. Khalil produced 4, 15, 11, and 10.5. 

Now, if we could find a way to line Khalil up ACROSS from Kerrigan...deadly. Khalil, Kerrigan, Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Lanier. Wow. That is a crazy good pass rush. I would consider trading a first and filler and making up the financial difference by letting Norman and Preston Smith walk. The defense would be prime Denver good. You could play any CB's you want behind that front 7 and look great.

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'd rather see us go after Earl Thomas

We've been close in the draft the last few years to getting a solid FS. It went unadressed again. Hopefully Nicholson is what they think he is, but I doubt it. Id love to sign Thomas. 

Archived