Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Nicholson and Moreau are the two starters I'm most curious about. Some of the back up LBers have me curious too. There's some cool young pieces on defense if we can put it all together. 

Based on Tandler and JP's reports, Nicholsen has been getting abused all camp, preseason will be important for him, I know our coaching staff is putting a lot on this kid's shoulders so if he implodes its gonna hurt.

1 minute ago, RFK Lives said:

1:30 practice today, no walk through, travel to Foxboro tomorrow

I'm waiting till the last second and If I can get cheap tickets on the redskins sideline near the field I'm gonna go to that game. 

Theres a ton of seats available but they're still asking stupid money for preseason. 

24 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Based on Tandler and JP's reports, Nicholsen has been getting abused all camp, preseason will be important for him, I know our coaching staff is putting a lot on this kid's shoulders so if he implodes its gonna hurt.

Count me in the crew majorly skeptical of the Nicholson hype.  Of course I loved how he looked in the limited time we saw him last season.  But I didn't see anywhere near enough of him to assume it's a given that he's going to be a real player for us moving forward.

This is the first I've read anything on him through camp.  I'll be looking out.

27 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This thread seems alot more like the random thought thread then the training camp thread today. 

I think it's felt that way for most of training camp.  Especially compared to last season, but what that did was thoroughly mislead me for what the level of play was going to be for our team's offense.

I would like a broader variety of twitter posts, Chad is a common one, but he's a little too optimistic.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Count me in the crew majorly skeptical of the Nicholson hype.  Of course I loved how he looked in the limited time we saw him last season.  But I didn't see anywhere near enough of him to assume it's a given that he's going to be a real player for us moving forward.

This is the first I've read anything on him through camp.  I'll be looking out.

Unfortunately there's not enough information to tell.  I think they're talking about 1on1 drills with DB's.  I know I've read that Vernon Davis has torched Nicholson.  But then again when we're using our defense in game, if it's anything like last season, Nicholson won't be in those situations.  It's more likely that Swearinger, Scandrick, or Moreau will be in direct coverage while Nicholson is the Single High safety.

It's disconcerting, but I'm reserving judgement.

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

How?  They'd have to restructure someone to have room.  They literally don't have enough cap space for veteran minimum.

I get your point and with any major contract you are 100% correct. Technically they do have enough for the VET minimum and a little bit more. The rule of 51 applies right now. So they have $600k for the last person being pushed out plus they have almost $900k in CAP. So they actually can get to about $1.5M right now - not the contract he is looking for but is well above the $600k Vet minimum.

There is a possibility to give him a bigger contract if the get creative. They could give him a back loaded contract that pays him a small amount this year and a much bigger number next year. They have $58M in CAP space for next year. If it's all guaranteed he may go for it. It's better than not playing. 

I know that CAP next year includes signing other players. But at least $12M is due to getting rid of dead CAP. Part of the CAP space would be used if they decide to resign Suh who is on a 1yr $14M contract. They also have the Aaron Donald elephant in the room. I wonder if they are seriously considering letting him walk. That to me would be nuts. 

Or, this could just be a courtesy to get some interest in him from other clubs. Sean and he were here at the same time. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I get your point and with any major contract you are 100% correct. Technically they do have enough for the VET minimum and a little bit more. The rule of 51 applies right now. They have $600k for the last person being pushed out plus they have almost $900k in CAP. So they actually can get to about $1.5M right now - not the contract he is looking for but is well about the $600k Vet minimum.

There is a possibility to give him a bigger contract if the get creative and They could give him a back loaded contract that pays him a small amount this year and a much bigger number next year. They have $58M in CAP space for next year. If it's all guaranteed he may go for it. It's better than not playing. 

Now I know that includes signing other players. But at least $12M is due to getting rid of dead CAP. Part of the CAP space would be used if they decide to resign Suh who is on a 1yr $14M contract. They also have the Aaron Donald elephant in the room. I wonder if they are seriously considering letting him walk. That to me would be nuts. 

Or, this could just be a courtesy to get some interest in him from other clubs. Sean and he were here at the same time. 

People talk about the Vikings being all-in...well the Rams better play them in the NFCCG each year or they will look foolish themselves. 

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Doctson gets his heel bruised on the same play where he hurts his shoulder?

Man, that guy is an injury magnet man. Guy needs to burn some incense, and have an exorcism or something. Get that bad juju out of there.

He's like Jordan Reed without the production.

@SWFLSkins - although he seems to running pretty smoothly in that clip despite having a heel bruise. Must not be that bad.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Do we know which one was on which side? I am guessing Nsekhe at LT Christian at RT? If I remember Christian played both in college. Just curious. 

Pretty sure I read Nsekhe is playing both RT and LT at the same time. He's going to start on the right at the snap, and use his ridiculous athleticism to power slide to the left, blocking both the right and left defensive ends on the same play.

Archived