Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

48 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

Fair enough. Ive seen other twitter threads that had the discussions moved out of them, so just going off precedent. 

It was actually a huge thing on this board last season around this time. Posters were threatened to have their accounts locked if there were long discussions outside of the tweets.  

If the rules are different now that is actually cool with me although I really don't have any interest in the Giants right now ?.

1 hour ago, PortisBetts said:

Seriously, the long messages on this thread are really derailing the camp tweets.

Yeah, I posted a long post and only afterwards did I realize which thread I was in.  Think some of it came from the slow news day.  

7 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I second the notion that this is a discussion forum with zoony. If i want to read tweets, i scroll til i see them. If i want to chime in, i chime in. 

Pretty much where I stand on the "discussion" issue, especially if the discussion is within the thread topic's bounds. That being said, trolling and "joning" on the discussions are fair game, too. :) 

Geez, real football can't get here soon enough......

If you get a chance listen to this interview JP had with Guice yesterday, it starts at 31:30.

https://art19.com/shows/redskin-talk/episodes/198ca5c2-263b-4b50-b492-d941ee774123

On another note, I've read 2 separate local sources and heard from Jay that they like how Sprinkle has developed.  He's catching passes and blocking well, I hope to see a lot of this kid in the preseason.

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If you get a chance listen to this interview JP had with Guice yesterday, it starts at 31:30.

https://art19.com/shows/redskin-talk/episodes/198ca5c2-263b-4b50-b492-d941ee774123

On another note, I've read 2 separate local sources and heard from Jay that they like how Sprinkle has developed.  He's catching passes and blocking well, I hope to see a lot of this kid in the preseason.

Right around 38 minute mark. 

Referring to jay gruden. 

He said he's glad he's not one of those coaches like hes got something up his ass or something.  

He really is a character. 

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Right around 38 minute mark. 

Referring to jay gruden. 

He said he's glad he's not one of those coaches with something up his ass or whatnot. 

He really is a character. 

I don't know what it means if anything but players seem to be enjoying themselves this year.

From listening to Guice talk about how quiet all the players are it sounds like this team lacks leadership on offense, hopefully Alex can fill that void and maybe Guice can as well.

Here's a blurb on Quin Blanding from wapo that I thought was interesting.. The guy has the right mindset, that's for sure.

Rookie safety Quin Blanding is regularly found on the far end of the field late after practices, running around in drills with Josh Norman. The former third-team all-American at Virginia is trying to make the team after going undrafted, so he figured mimicking Norman wasn’t a bad way to start.

“He’s the best at his position,” Blanding said. “He’s one of the best and he’s going to go out one of the best. So why not learn from one of the best? The best is out here working, why [shouldn’t I be] working? That’s how I see myself. I want to be the best one day, and that’s what I’ve got to do. I’ve got to work extra now and then I’m going to still work, no matter what.

“That’s what he does, no matter if it’s a hot day like this and everyone’s tired, legs hurt. We’re still coming out here to work. Then we have a little fun at the end where we play a little game against each other. We just compete. It’s still about competing and getting that extra work in.”

Blanding was known as an intelligent player at Virginia, but a lack of elite athleticism left him undrafted. He’s trying to use that brain to gain an edge in devouring the playbook.

“I know the playbook very well and I’m [going to] still increase my studies on that so I know the ins and outs of it,” Blanding said. “The whys and why we don’t call certain calls. That’s step one. I have to learn the ins and outs of the whole defense and the defensive schemes. Keep learning under defensive coordinator [Greg] Manusky and just keep learning when he’s going to call calls and why does he like to call certain calls and just go from there.

“What you did in your college career doesn’t matter no more.”

Players who are low on the depth chart and trying to make the team will get extended action Thursday against the Patriots. Blanding said he just wants to prove that he can be reliable and trusted.

Crazy. I knew nothing about Quin Blanding being on this team. I went to high school with his dad. Dude was a beast. The offense was basically turn around and give the ball to him every play, and keep doing that every game. He was so much better than anyone else on the field. He played bball at a high level too. He had some knee injuries derail any potential playing career. Just having a little flashback. Carry on...

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't know what it means if anything but players seem to be enjoying themselves this year.

From listening to Guice talk about how quiet all the players are it sounds like this team lacks leadership on offense, hopefully Alex can fill that void and maybe Guice can as well.

That was part of my rallying cry about Guice on the draft thread months ago.  One thing you can't see on youtube highlights is Guice on the sidelines.  But if you watched the games, he was a fun watch when the camera panned to the dude on the sidelines -- he was a ball of energy, animated, etc.

Thompson, Reed, Doctson, Crowder, Perine, Kelley -- really quiet-unassuming guys.  Heck even Alex while vocal is on the unassuming-quiet side.  That's why I loved hearing Chris Thompson say recently that Guice has livened up their RB meeting room in a big way.

I think on defense we got Swearinger and others who are animated.  But on offense we can use a spark plug personality type -- let alone stud RB -- so Guice is what IMO the doctor ordered. 

OK, Quick question from an exile in the UK as I can never get this straight in my mind.... 

What is the schedule for the 1s in pre-season usually. EG How many snaps do they get in each of the 4 games. I know it won't be exact as it varies year to year, but there is a general trend - I can just never remember it!

My memory tells me, it's something like:

Game 1 - one or two possessions

Game 2 - One half

Game 3 - One or two possessions

Game 4 - No significant time for starters, if any at all. Roster bubbles and injury avoidance prior to regular season.

Does that sound right to you guys?

All the pre-season games kick off at 00:30 or 1am here in the UK so I'm just trying to prepare for which games I need to stay up later than the others.

14 minutes ago, UKskins said:

OK, Quick question from an exile in the UK as I can never get this straight in my mind.... 

What is the schedule for the 1s in pre-season usually. EG How many snaps do they get in each of the 4 games. I know it won't be exact as it varies year to year, but there is a general trend - I can just never remember it!

My memory tells me, it's something like:

Game 1 - one or two possessions

Game 2 - One half

Game 3 - One or two possessions

Game 4 - No significant time for starters, if any at all. Roster bubbles and injury avoidance prior to regular season.

Does that sound right to you guys?

All the pre-season games kick off at 00:30 or 1am here in the UK so I'm just trying to prepare for which games I need to stay up later than the others.

Reverse game 2 with game 3. Game 3 is usually the “dress rehearsal “ game with most playing time with starters. 

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That was part of my rallying cry about Guice on the draft thread months ago.  One thing you can't see on youtube highlights is Guice on the sidelines.  But if you watched the games, he was a fun watch when the camera panned to the dude on the sidelines -- he was a ball of energy, animated, etc.

Thompson, Reed, Doctson, Crowder, Perine, Kelley -- really quiet-unassuming guys.  Heck even Alex while vocal is on the unassuming-quiet side.  That's why I loved hearing Chris Thompson say recently that Guice has livened up their RB meeting room in a big way.

I think on defense we got Swearinger and others who are animated.  But on offense we can use a spark plug personality type -- let alone stud RB -- so Guice is what IMO the doctor ordered. 

You know what concerns me? How will he handle the fans and media when  things aren't going so well. Dude really is weird, hopefully he is more Jalen Ramsey like than anything. That's a weird dude that knows how to work the media. Lol

Archived