Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

Might as well get this started now. :) 

Jay just finished up his first presser to kick off training camp, can watch most of it here (starts a bit late and cuts off early for some reason): 

Post your TC/Preseason tweets, articles, pressers, interviews, concerns, thoughts, etc... here.

Hoping and praying for an injury-free, team-chemistry creating, improvement all-around, Redskins Training Camp/Preseason! 

• TSO featured this topic

Concerns about slot corner have only been exasperated, as Holsey enters on the PUP list due to an injury because, wait for it, a glass table fell on his foot. :mellow:

General injury news: 

Bit of a surprise move here, but not shocking: 

Weather :/ 

24 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Post your TC/Preseason tweets, articles, pressers, interviews, concerns, thoughts, etc... here.

Just got the BHRBN section updated for today. There was quite a bunch of articles, some regarding the Joshua Holsey 'table incident', obviously.

It took me some time to get it up to date, but I was in Bucarest this morning, and just got home to update the section. Sorry for the delay.

Will try to get this up to date during training, but I'll have to move to Madrid next week so I'll probably update it late at night for you and around noon, early afternoon. But we'll see how it unfolds next week.

Enjoy reading it 'til then!

I was hoping this thread would be up and running at some point today, and sure enough, here it is!! Thanks TSO! 

Yeah, easing Jordan Reed into practices is probably a good idea. Don’t let him get injured before the start of the season. In fact, I’d be all for putting him in bubble wrap until September ???

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Just got the BHRBN section updated for today. There was quite a bunch of articles, some regarding the Joshua Holsey 'table incident', obviously.

It took me some time to get it up to date, but I was in Bucarest this morning, and just got home to update the section. Sorry for the delay.

Will try to get this up to date during training, but I'll have to move to Madrid next week so I'll probably update it late at night for you and around noon, early afternoon. But we'll see how it unfolds next week.

Enjoy reading it 'til then!

Can’t say enough about how you’ve handled BHRBN, brother! Awesome work. :) 

1. @thesubmittedone You and I have butt heads plenty over Gruden, but I cannot thank you enough for your work in these threads.  It's the first place I look for info.  And when we're not debating Gruden, I think we probably agree on mostly everything else.  Cheers, and thank you for doing this, I personally appreciate it.

2. Why do the 'Skins hold training camp in a location where it thunderstorms at 4:15pm just about every day in July and August on fields that don't handle water well?  Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.......

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2. Why do the 'Skins hold training camp in a location where it thunderstorms at 4:15pm just about every day in July and August on fields that don't handle water well?  Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.......

$.

I don’t believe the Ashburn fields are much better for what it’s worth.

A "not alarming" MRI on Doctson's Achilles going into his 3rd offseason since injuring it? There's no such thing as a "not alarming" MRI on his Achilles at this point. The need in the first place is alarming. Consider me very alarmed.

20 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A "not alarming" MRI on Doctson's Achilles going into his 3rd offseason since injuring it? There's no such thing as a "not alarming" MRI on his Achilles at this point. The need in the first place is alarming. Consider me very alarmed.

Remember when Reeds toe was no big deal last year at this time?  I do.  Not the exact same deal but close enough that it’s concerning.  

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

For some reason, this reminded me of the quote from Dennis Miller YEARS ago on Monday Night Football (back when I watched MNF when the 'Skins weren't playing)

"“I'm not sure there is such a thing as minor groin surgery. Anybody who has a sharp instrument around my genitalia, I'm thinking it's major.”

I thought I saw something about Nsekhe in the tweets.  Have they decided against the LG experiment with him?

I wonder why no one is talking about TJ Clemmings.  He's not exactly great but he's a former starter with the Vikings, that's moved around some and we elected to keep him through the offseason

The weather forecast being put out there for Richmond on twitter is inaccurate.

There is no significant chance of rain here until Sunday evening.

It will be warm and humid the next few days (it is Summer), but no big rain chance, outside a pop-up summertime shower or storm in the afternoon.

Hope everyone going to camp today has fun.

Yes! One of my favorite threads. Thanks for getting it started.

1. It's unfortunate that Keith Marshall didn't work out. His speed intrigued me when we drafted him, but he showed absolutely nothing during preseason that one time he got a chance.

2. Not that Holsey was a missing piece to our championship aspiration but this isn't good for his development. I sorta liked the guy too.

Jay @RedskinsCult
FollowFollow @RedskinsCult
More

Jay Retweeted Burgundy Blog

Had a member of the Redskins tell me Payne is their best defensive lineman and is giving the OL fits. Hasn’t seen a guy challenge Scherff like that in practice. Also mentioned he’s starting at DE, not NT like many thought.

Jay added,

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog
"Veterans have mentioned the strength that Payne possesses is off the charts… Another mentioned that Payne even looks to be a few weeks ahead of where last year's first-round selection, Jonathan Allen, was heading into training camp." @LakeLewis http://burgundy.blog/DPhype 
9:00 AM - 18 Jun 2018

Archived