Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread


thesubmittedone

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

 

I’m not going to touch on Swearinger vs. James and all that since it’s total speculation on your end. 

 

But your entire post is about advocating drafting for need. The topic of BPA vs. Need has been killed, so I’m not going to get into it. But I’ll just say there’s an easy refutation to every point made here and that I heavily disagree with weighing need when drafting as much as you have here. There’s so much evidence out there showing just how harmful it is.

 

I'd love to respond in depth, but it would be getting way out of topic for this thread.  I think your viewpoints are a little too black and white, and I argue shades of gray have to be applied.  That's the team drafting philosophical difference between us that we likely can't overcome.  Swearinger vs James is speculation, sure, can't deny that.  My opinions are based off what I think Swearinger does and doesn't do well, his best role in the defense, what James did and didn't do well in college, and my projected role for James in the NFL.  We obviously have no clear answers, and no idea if James knee will get better after another year removed from the injury.  So all I can rely on here is speculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

I thought they said they'd keep four, with a couple on the PS. Doesn't seem like many teams are looking for RBs

 

Based on the tweets above, Craig Hoffman might be on the money about Bryon Marshall making the top 4.  If that's the case it would be between Perine and Keeley for the last spot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Three things I don't put any stock into:

 

1. Defense dominating Offense, reads like "Offense is crap" could be "Defense is awesome"

2. Offense dominating Defense, reads like "Defense is crap" could be "Offense is awesome"

3. Injury Reports and the trainers tent, every man dies, not every man really lives.

4. XXXX looks great! You never hear anyone, let alone a top pick, look like ****.

5. The 1st week of camp, in general.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Three things I don't put any stock into:

 

1. Defense dominating Offense, reads like "Offense is crap" could be "Defense is awesome"

2. Offense dominating Defense, reads like "Defense is crap" could be "Offense is awesome"

3. Injury Reports and the trainers tent, every man dies, not every man really lives.

4. XXXX looks great! You never hear anyone, let alone a top pick, look like ****.

5. The 1st week of camp, in general.

 

Yeah given every camp

 

A.  Defense stifles the offense especially early in camp

B.  Some out of nowhere rookie is killing it -- ultimately that guy doesn't even make the roster

C.  Some RB out of nowhere is the star of preseason

D.  Every draft pick just about looks awesome

E.  Optimism Abound

 

I'd follow that up with they get their butts handed to them in game 1.  I like Jay though this is a hurdle I want to see his teams overcome.  In the back of my mind I tend to wonder about the smug declarations that we sometimes hear from players during the summer that the attitude seeps into game 1 where they may lack some edge.  But who knows?

 

I am not pessimistic about the season -- I think we have a shot at a good year but I am a believer in stay hungry and humble -- all the good vibes that tend to come off of camp makes me wonder if that gets in the way. So hopefully they keep their edge.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MartinC said:

Reading that Settle has been lining up some at NT with the starting group. Might have steal with this guy. 

 

That D'Line is young and has a chance to be a strength of the team.

 

When was the last time we said that?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Nicholson looks like an early contender for the "unable to live up to unrealistic fan hype" award

 

 

To be fair, the hype was from media, teammates, coaches, and anyone who had working eyeballs last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TK said:

So these things happened this morning. And the fields there are the suck. 

 

 

Been a lot of rain down here this summer. Record-setting levels early summer, then dry for a few weeks, then picked up again over the past few weeks. Outside of the fields can be expected to be sloppy, but they usually do a decent job on the fields and the perimeter of the fields themselves. Seeing that mud pit (I think that's between the two fields?) If that's the perimeter, or in between the fields, I can't recall seeing it that bad since camp has been here, and especially not this early on. There's thunderstorms in the forecast over the next few days too. 

 

--In related news, Richmond may not be in the future, once the current contract is up.

RTD: Stoney, Redskins discuss future of training camp deal; dropping $500K payment a city requirement

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

 

Been a lot of rain down here this summer. Record-setting levels early summer, then dry for a few weeks, then picked up again over the past few weeks. Outside of the fields can be expected to be sloppy, but they usually do a decent job on the fields and the perimeter of the fields themselves. Seeing that mud pit (I think that's between the two fields?) If that's the perimeter, or in between the fields, I can't recall seeing it that bad since camp has been here, and especially not this early on. There's thunderstorms in the forecast over the next few days too. 

The shot with the soccer ball & hula hoops was right behind the goal post. Walking in there, every step I took felt like I was sinking down half an inch in the grass. The shot with just the two divits in the field was around the 20 yard line or so. 

 

These bricks caught my eye while walking around. Something like this would be kinda cool at the new stadium. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TK said:

The shot with the soccer ball & hula hoops was right behind the goal post. Walking in there, every step I took felt like I was sinking down half an inch in the grass. The shot with just the two divits in the field was around the 20 yard line or so. 

 

These bricks caught my eye while walking around. Something like this would be kinda cool at the new stadium. 

 

 

That would be very cool at the new stadium, and they should definitely do it, or something similar. They'd probably end up having to come up with extra places to put bricks eventually. That kind of mud by the goalposts is no bueno. I'm sure the kids walk thing was a freaking mess if they did that. I hope the team stays far away, and save those corner fade drills til it's good and dry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...