Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

A bit off topic, but I watched last season on Tv YouTube, can I watch preseason with that too? I cancelled it after the Caps won, I didn't feel the need to to keep it. If anyone has it, please let me know. I'd hate to waste $40 jumping back on board for no reason.

I have YouTube TV only and I will be watching the preseason games as they are on the local channels. If you aren't in the DC area than I don't think so.

7 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I have YouTube TV only and I will be watching the preseason games as they are on the local channels. If you aren't in the DC area than I don't think so.

I am, I used Tv YouTube to watch the regular season games halfway through the season, I just wasn't sure about preseason. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Simmsy said:

A bit off topic, but I watched last season on Tv YouTube, can I watch preseason with that too? I cancelled it after the Caps won, I didn't feel the need to to keep it. If anyone has it, please let me know. I'd hate to waste $40 jumping back on board for no reason.

Just wondering about YouTube TV.  Are you local and this allows you to watch without cable or are you out of town and this gives you access to the local teams?   

Edit:  I see my question was answered by later posts.   I'm such a dumb ass.. 

For the first time in a number of years, I am really looking forward to the game on Thursday. I want to see Guice run against live competition. I want to see the hype behind Doctson, our Dline perform (minus Payne, dammit), the young backup LBs we've heard so much about. I really think people are sleeping on the Redskins this year.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

For the first time in a number of years, I am really looking forward to the game on Thursday. I want to see Guice run against live competition. I want to see the hype behind Doctson, our Dline perform (minus Payne, dammit), the young backup LBs we've heard so much about. I really think people are sleeping on the Redskins this year.

By the sounds of Galdi this morning, I wouldn’t expect to see much.  Laundry list of guys who probably don’t play.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

By the sounds of Galdi this morning, I wouldn’t expect to see much.  Laundry list of guys who probably don’t play.

Probably not too much, just a glimpse. Afterall, it is the 1st preseason game. I do want to watch the young DBs and backup ILBs that have been talked about so much. Plus, the always interesting Jesse Lumsden Preseason MVP Race begins.

44 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Settle is one that probably get some time this PS...will good to watch.

It's encouraging that he is ranked higher than Phil Taylor in the latest depth chart.  I'm guessing Stacy McGee is out for the season and Phil Taylor won't survive the final 53 and was wondering what our short yardage and goal-line front could look like?  Allen - Settle - Payne?

I am really not sure what we should expect from preseason games, I kind of wish we had just 2 preseason games and extra regular season games, because it is such a tightrope for everyone to walk in between giving players chance to get upto game speed and exposing people in specific situations to test depth - balanced with avoiding injury. 

There is also the addition of giving the public something worth watching ... and giving guys the chance to shine in game situations..... 

I think at two of the preseason games could be replaced with just organized scrimmages (which they kind of are) (1st and 4th games are generally pointless - but FOOTBALL man) - but it is just not that simple because if you were going to run 18 game season + post season you might need to expand the roster (to 60 ?) or offer additional protection to teams for practice squad players - but that would take innovation which the NFL is not exactly renown for .... 

31 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

It's encouraging that he is ranked higher than Phil Taylor in the latest depth chart.  I'm guessing Stacy McGee is out for the season and Phil Taylor won't survive the final 53 and was wondering what our short yardage and goal-line front could look like?  Allen - Settle - Payne?

Where was this depth chart? If Phil Taylor is healthy, he is making the team and playing ahead of Settle.

Do we tend to run a 3-4 in goal line? What was our goal line depth chart like last year? I think the goal line defense looks like Allen-Taylor-Payne if we are in a 3-4. 

43 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Gruden said in his press conference yesterday that he had no input into the first depth chart. He semi-joked that Tony Wyllie (the public relations director) was the one who put it together.

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Gruden said in his press conference yesterday that he had no input into the first depth chart. He semi-joked that Tony Wyllie (the public relations director) was the one who put it together.

Yeah, I read that, too. And it has Guice at the bottom which we all know can’t be right. Hence it is “unofficial” but nonetheless, it was released by the Skins. I think the League requires the posting of a depth chart before a game, even during pre-season. 

I still think its encouraging that Settle ranks higher than Phil Taylor. Truthfully, if PT is indeed healthy, I think he’d be more of an assett to this team than Lanier or maybe even Hood. But carrying three nose tackles is likely not going to happen. Now, if some of the earlier reports from camp regarding Payne playing significant snaps at DE and Taylor is truly healthy, then I can see keeping him on the 53 and Lanier or Hood missing the cut. 

7 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

McGee out for season?

Is Moreau buried on depth chart? That’s disappointing if true

In one of last week’s pressers, Gruden said it’s a possibilty McGee gets put on IR and misses the season but will wait for prognoses from the doctors. Not good news for McGee either way you look at it. 

Regarding Moreau, he is 2nd string behind Dunbar: that’s pretty darn good.  But the list also shows Scandrick behing Norman on the other side which doesnt make sense to me so I have to agree this “unifficial” depth chart is not very telling on what reality is and we shouldnt read too much into it. But it definitely gets us thinking. 

Doesn't sound like the team thinks game 1 is worthy of using for anything other than the guys fighting for those 2,3, and 4 spots on the depth chart.

Heres my thoughts, we have a brand new starting QB, RB, and WR on offense so IMO there's no way in hell we hit the ground running for game 1 if the starters only play 3 quarters of football in the preseason, I'm going to have to see that before I believe it.

Archived