Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Oh please.

We've had enough injuries.

Last thing we need is an injury from a needless fight.

And please stop joint practices for this reason.

I mean...lots of other teams are able to hold joint practices without the two teams going at it. gruden just has to make it clear to our players that they can't be doing any of that. completely silly to not have joint practices for that reason alone. these things can be very beneficial 

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Sounds like the fight started because of an injury, not that it caused one...

Right, but the root problem still remains.

The injury was from 'unnecessary roughness' by the other team after the whistle. Essentially that's "fight behavior" still.

I seriously doubt that happens when our own team is practicing with each other.

It's probably just bad timing to do these practices with another team, I know our guys are frustrated we just lost our starting RB and anyone who even comes close to looking like they are trying to hurt someone will probably get the hammer dropped on them.

Supposedly, the Jets CB hit Moses very late and that set off the fight. Especially Trent Williams, who charged in to back up his friend.

Moses stayed on the ground for a minute before trainers helped him up and eventually helped him to the trainer's room.

According to Michael Phillips of the RTD, the Redskins were getting the better of the practice.

This suggests that the Jet player may have cheap-shotted Moses out of frustration, triggering the fight.

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

According to CT it sounds like the offense was getting the best of the Jets, then the crowd was getting into it and eventually the Jets players lost their composure

Yeah that is what I read.

Lake Lewis said that the Redskins' offense was having their way with the Jets' defense. Running and passing.

Looks like some Jets' players got frustrated and decided to make it personal.

41 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah that is what I read.

Lake Lewis said that the Redskins' offense was having their way with the Jets' defense. Running and passing.

Looks like some Jets' players got frustrated and decided to make it personal.

I just read a couple fans were also fighting and were taken to jail, wonder if they were ES'ers?:)

Archived