Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

Just now, MassSkinsFan said:

Reactions to Swearinger's Pryor acts?

I am torn.

Part of me loves how he got under Terrelle's skin and made him flinch.

Part of me thinks it's a bit stupid and immature - let your play do the talking.

All of me thinks it's funny as **** :rofl89:

2 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

I am torn.

Part of me thinks it's a bit stupid and immature - let your play do the talking.

same.

DJ was yelling while he was walking away and Pryor sought him out... The fake punch didn't need to happen, but that's the type of guy DJ is.  He's going to be loud.  This is not surprising.. no punches were thrown, but Pryor now looks like he's scared...

it is funny though.  Had a fight broken out and someone got hurt... i'm sure i'd feel differently.    

I'm a little torn, too, just cuz it's not the best look to do what DJ did when kids are watching... However, seeing Pryor come over there with his chest out and then have his punk card pulled in front of everybody was sort of theraputic to watch. :rofl89:

3 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

This is not surprising.. no punches were thrown, but Pryor now looks like he's scared...

I don’t understand this POV. Swearinger is jawing from a distance.... Pryor approaches him (we don’t hear his words but I would presume to give some words back). 

And Swearinger freaks out and pretends to throw a punch (a sucker punch)... and Pryor is the one who’s scared?

Is ducking a sucker punch an act of cowardice? Or a legitimate self-defence maneuver? I see it in MMA all the time ? 

And I mean, if you’re going to throw a punch, throw it! Faking it is a weak move.

And then after the fake punch... guess who turns his back and runs away?

Personally, I don’t care for any of it. I know Swearinger is a talker, so it’s not surprising.

But my scorecard doesn’t have him the winner of this round ?

Sucker punch? 

a sucker punch, I thought, was hitting someone facing away or not looking right at you. 

I don't condone or like what Swearinger did, but I also don't see it as a big deal or something to make issue over. Had it resulted in something different, then sure, that's an issue. 

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

Sucker punch? 

a sucker punch, I thought, was hitting someone facing away or not looking right at you. 

A sucker punch is just an unexpected blow. Look it up ?

Nothing to do with the direction of the blow in relation to your face ?

12 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I don’t understand this POV. Swearinger is jawing from a distance.... Pryor approaches him (we don’t hear his words but I would presume to give some words back). 

And Swearinger freaks out and pretends to throw a punch (a sucker punch)... and Pryor is the one who’s scared?

Is ducking a sucker punch an act of cowardice? Or a legitimate self-defence maneuver? I see it in MMA all the time ? 

And I mean, if you’re going to throw a punch, throw it! Faking it is a weak move.

Personally, I don’t care for any of it. I know Swearinger is a talker, so it’s not surprising.

DJ was walking away and Pryor approached him.  Guys talk all the time.  I saw a clip where a Jets defender intercepted the ball, then punted it in the air in celebration.  Nobody flinched or batted an eye.. It was the last play of 1 on 1s and DJ was going to the next practice area, but letting Pryor hear it.  Pryor approached him.  

The fake punch was funny to watch, but it doesn't accomplish anything.  I said Pryor 'looks' scared.  If DJ, or any football player, were to make that gesture to me, i'd probably fall on my butt trying to get out of the way... Watching that it looks more like an older brother getting the better of his younger brother by virtue of a reaction.  

48 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

I am torn.

Let the wild man free, controlled chaos, he’s getting himself into battle mode, we truly rely on these players to put their lives on the line, to negatively evaluate something like this would be a bit hypocritical imo. While on the field, he will cross a line at times, we need him to play so near to it that we should not criticize him when he steps over it unless it’s done so egregiously.

41 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Pryor didn’t think for a second that he was going to get hit. Nobody around appears to take it seriously. Pryor isn’t going to get hurt being hit with a helmet on. You would prefer that he actually throw a punch? Nobody ran away, how long do you stay, 20-25 minutes? This stuff happens all the time — frequently  among teammates. 

36 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I think most people would just prefer to watch football. I know I do.

This is barely a dress rehearsal, tune in 9/9 for football.

Archived