Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

5 hours ago, volsmet said:

It may have been addressed, but Alex Smith is a far superior QB, he will help the running game immensely with pre-snap calls/audibles that take advantage of matchups in ways the Cousin couldnt. Kirk, imho, is a reactionary guy while Smith is someone who sees things in advance. I don’t think they are particularly close, but few agree with that.

did you see that throw to Diggs?

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Vontae Diggs now plays WR?

Yes - gosh have you not been keeping up that Redskins camp is like the M*A*S*H 4077 with BJ and hawkeye running strength and conditioning and we are now down to starting undrafted free agent LBs as out starting WRS - sheesh keep up :)

Danny Johnson just went squad ya'll.

They have confidence in second year Fabian Moreau to cover in the slot and in Quinton Dunbar to start opposite Norman. Also, they've been pleased with rookies Greg Stroman and Danny Johnson.

10 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I disagree with you there.  If I had to guess, I think the skins go 7-9.  10-6 best case scenario and 4-12 worst case scenario.  Our schedule is brutal.  Afc south and nfc south are arguably two best divisions in football, and we were 1-5 in our division last year.  Also play the Packers.  While I don't think it is likely, 4-12 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Only 4 teams had a tougher schedule than us last year when looking back at the end of the year. Going into the season we had the 7th toughest schedule based on records from 2016. The SOS last year was .543 compared to .504 this year, and we got to 7-9 even while being absolutely decimated with injuries on both sides of the ball.

Based on how we did last year with all of those injuries and that schedule, if we stay healthy I expect 10-6 is very doable.

11 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

They have confidence in second year Fabian Moreau to cover in the slot and in Quinton Dunbar to start opposite Norman. Also, they've been pleased with rookies Greg Stroman and Danny Johnson.

Great news about our young CBs, glad they are playing well and getting a chance..

I hope we don’t have VT nepotism going on. Both Young VT rookies didn’t look close to ready at camp. Scandrick didn’t fit with this team though. He was a loaner. He was standing off by himself at camp while the other dbs were all together . The day I was at camp one play where it got chippy between him and a receiver nobody came to his defense. I think this just was a case of him not meshing with our team chemistry. 

1 minute ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

I hope we don’t have VT nepotism going on. Both Young VT rookies didn’t look close to ready at camp. Scandrick didn’t fit with this team though. He was a loaner. He was standing off by himself at camp while they other dbs were all together the day I was at camp and one play where it got chippy between him and a receiver nobody came to his defense. I think this just was a case of him not meshing with our team chemistry. 

Stroman looked really good in the preseason game vs NE from what I saw... and Johnson balled out too.  

46 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Exactly my thought when I read the news.

I always thought that Scandrick was the odd man out in this group. Sad for him, but at least the team is being "nice" by allowing him to get onto another team's TC early.

But that shows indictment on our youngsters, and not resigning Breeland was heading in this direction.

Btw, BHRBN is up to date with the cutting of Scandrick. Probably more to come regarding this later.

12 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Exactly my thought when I read the news.

I always thought that Scandrick was the odd man out in this group. Sad for him, but at least the team is being "nice" by allowing him to get onto another team's TC early.

But that shows indictment on our youngsters, and not resigning Breeland was heading in this direction.

Btw, BHRBN is up to date with the cutting of Scandrick. Probably more to come regarding this later.

This DRC info is interesting. 

25 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

This DRC info is interesting. 

Impossible for me to get over the Guice injury but if they sign DRC I'd feel a little better. :)   He's 32 but still a good player IMO, he can play outside, play the slot, makes turnovers.  As Jay has said over the years, he's killed us with big plays.  I'd be jazzed if they sign him.

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Scandrick was the asshole we knew he was, but we're pretending the young guys pushed him out even though we're still shopping for a CB2. Got it! 

The reports are hot and fluid, seems to be there was a rift between him and DJ, they like what they got, don't be surprised though if they add DRC,,, Back to you Bob. 

Archived