Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

9 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

So will we see any DaRon Payne in Preseason game 2?  I know they said two weeks, but I was kinda hoping...….:(

All I know is Gruden was asked if Payne and Thompson would play this Thursday, and he wouldn't commit to it but wouldn't rule them out, either.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

lol, the Jets cheapshotted Morgan Moses and injured him and started a brawl and you guys are blaming our players?

I'm blaming our players for being glass and being drawn into easy penalties. Yes. I didn't say "we started it",because it's juvenile and doesn't matter. 

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm blaming our players for being glass and being drawn into easy penalties. Yes. I didn't say "we started it",because it's juvenile and doesn't matter. 

you're faulting our guys for "being glass" when someone cheapshots them?

There have been a lot of tough-as-nails, play-thru-anything guys over the decades who have gone on IR because of a cheapshot.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

you're faulting our guys for "being glass" when someone cheapshots them?

There have been a lot of tough-as-nails, play-thru-anything guys over the decades who have gone on IR because of a cheapshot.

No. That was one play and one player. Our players are always hurt. 

I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they were talking about Saturday's practice.

They said Payne was destroying everyone and on one play he jumped the snap, picked up the ball and then punted it 25 yards downfield and Bruce Allen caught it.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No. That was one play and one player. Our players are always hurt. 

Eh, I dunno...

"So, they knock Moses down and he's hurt. We are an undisciplined injured bunch of goons."

"I'm blaming our players for being glass and being drawn into easy penalties."

Sounded like you were also "blaming" Moses for "being glass" because a cheapshot injured him, even though not seriously apparently.

38 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

fighting during practice is a hallmark of loser franchises. 

Please, fights happen all the time. Edelman and Gilmore got into a fight last year on the Patriots, Norman vs Newton years back. Fights during joint team practices are common, happens every year. Players getting back into football after time off they are ready to go and the **** talking begins. These aren’t politicians. 

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Eh, I dunno...

"So, they knock Moses down and he's hurt. We are an undisciplined injured bunch of goons."

"I'm blaming our players for being glass and being drawn into easy penalties."

Sounded like you were also "blaming" Moses for "being glass" because a cheapshot injured him, even though not seriously apparently.

No. Moses is generally hurt anyway. I'm not blaming him for getting hurt from a cheap shot. 

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

fighting during practice is a hallmark of loser franchises. 

Except for the fact that every franchise has had fights during practice, you're right.

Seahawks defender injures an offensive lineman during training camp fight

Jimmy Graham, Josh Jones get into scuffle at (Packers) camp

Steelers' 1st camp skirmish 'All fun and games. Nothing else'

We’ve had our first fight, so Vikings Camp has officially started

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Except for the fact that every franchise has had fights during practice, you're right.

LOL, I read that as, "If we eliminate everything that you just said about this topic, then yes. You are right."

Just now, skins4 said:

How many games has he missed in last 3 years being hurt all the time?

Always is never right.

Never is always wrong.

Speaking in absolutes tends to be a hallmark of laziness.

Got to get the work in.  Jets aren't anything special so here's hoping that the work get's done and creates a little momentum moving forward.

As long as the OL is together, they should be fine on offense. Receivers and RB's have more then enough talent to achieve results.

Injuries are going to happen in football.  I'd hope that it's a motivating factor for everyone on the roster to ramp up their preventive measures and to get them all on the same page to prepare for a season long attitude that everybody counts.  Better to have a wakeup call early and take steps forward now. I don't view the roster as devastated with injuries or significantly changing the overall expectations for the coming season.  The guys that unfortunately can't go should always be yielding to another guy that can carry the torch.  That's got to be the mindset or you've lost before you get started.

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Not much news on this, which hopefully is a good thing. I hope this is minor,

No news certainly does not mean good news, when you consider the 2 most major injuries so far, initially had a preliminary diagnosis that was really far off.

Initially Guice had just a mild sprain of his knee.....then it's torn ligaments.

Initially Davis was diagnosed with ACL tear....then it's actually a broken leg bone.

Clearly a lag in getting correct diagnoses.

Archived