Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

6 minutes ago, twa said:

:rofl89:

Ya need to meet some here who are teachers and in nursing and medical 

I don't know what they're like in Texas because I'm not sure what passes for education in Texas, but I do know what they're like in VA/NC/SC because that's my whole family.  They're liberals.  First generation liberals in an sea of conservatives for many of them.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know what they're like in Texas because I'm not sure what passes for education in Texas, but I do know what they're like in VA/NC/SC because that's my whole family.  They're liberals.  First generation liberals in an sea of conservatives for many of them.

You don't know what passes for education here? :rofl89:

Maybe it is a family thing instead

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Democrats need to field candidates even in really Red areas. They can't let them run unopposed. 

Absolutely.  I know it's probably tough to spend the money on a candidate who will almost definitely lose, and talented candidates don't want to run a race they don't believe they can win.  But I don't think you can put a price on the value of having a Blue voice in a campaign and option on the ballot.  Otherwise it's just hopeless to be a liberal in a Red county with no voice whatsoever.  I think it leads to political apathy throughout the electorate and is bad for Democracy itself.

1 minute ago, twa said:

You don't know what passes for education here? :rofl89:

Maybe it is a family thing instead

Let's just say I'm pretty sure you guys aren't using best practices for teaching Science and American History.

I think @Zguy28is right. We must not forget the victims. 

I don’t think Z meant just Moore’s victims, but all of em. The Dems should not treat them as props during an election and forget about them. They should work towards a real cultural change. 

For that matter, so should Republicans. 

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

Now that Democrats have this victory, I fully hope and expect that they will not forget about these women who were molested, but instead will pursue their accusations and see justice done.

Moore losing is the justice in these cases. There is nothing else that can be done. It's too late to prosecute criminally or sue in civil court.

26 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Democrats need to field candidates even in really Red areas. They can't let them run unopposed. 

I was completely stunned we were doing that here in Virginia during our last elections, had no idea that was happening.  You can't win the lottery if you don't even buy a ticket.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Let's just say I'm pretty sure you guys aren't using best practices for teaching Science and American History.

:ols: ,

Depends on your definition of best practices,  I'll let the ladies know ya think their education achievements substandard and fatally flawed.

10 minutes ago, twa said:

:ols: ,

Depends on your definition of best practices,  I'll let the ladies know ya think their education achievements substandard and fatally flawed.

The problem starts at the top.  Hard to do much about it at the bottom even if you are inclined to do so.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2016/05/texas_board_of_education_will_streamline_its_science_standards_this_summer.html

I can't speak for Moore's victims, but when his defenders said things like "why would they suddenly come out now?" I think honestly, in a lot of their cases, he had been removed from their lives for so long, and because of the election not only was he thrust back into their faces, but the possibility of him being the governor and being in charge of helping shape laws in their state was plenty enough to compel them to come forward and do what they could to make sure he would not get elected.  Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?

As far as turnout goes, it will be interesting to see if a large portion of Democratic voters who voted 3rd party and/or stayed home during the Presidential election despite warnings of how potentially awful a Trump presidency could be, will now, having seen it first hand for almost 4 years (assuming he survives the Mueller investigation) will not be sitting on the sidelines in 2018 & 2020,

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Whoah now. As a proud member of the Tory Party, I resent that.

See that's what I was thinking, too but it's true! I guess the current Tories are successors to the original Tories from the 17th century. 

(Unless you're being facetious - then in that case, you got me good :P )

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I can't speak for Moore's victims, but when his defenders said things like "why would they suddenly come out now?" I think honestly, in a lot of their cases, he had been removed from their lives for so long, and because of the election not only was he thrust back into their faces, but the possibility of him being the governor and being in charge of helping shape laws in their state was plenty enough to compel them to come forward and do what they could to make sure he would not get elected.  Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?

As far as turnout goes, it will be interesting to see if a large portion of Democratic voters who voted 3rd party and/or stayed home during the Presidential election despite warnings of how potentially awful a Trump presidency could be, will now, having seen it first hand for almost 4 years (assuming he survives the Mueller investigation) will not be sitting on the sidelines in 2018 & 2020,

I don't understand why it is not an acceptable answer to the question "why would they suddenly come out now?" to respond "for maximum effect."

Hey, this ****ing creepy dude did some awful **** to these women at a time where they had very little ability to push back.  Now circumstances have given them the ability to hurt this ****er back.  Why is it unpalatable for them to take the opportunity afforded them.  Moore has no issues taking advantage of his circumstances.  

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't understand why it is not an acceptable answer to the question "why would they suddenly come out now?" to respond "for maximum effect."

Hey, this ****ing creepy dude did some awful **** to these women at a time where they had very little ability to push back.  Now circumstances have given them the ability to hurt this ****er back.  Why is it unpalatable for them to take the opportunity afforded them.  Moore has no issues taking advantage of his circumstances.  

They have lived with their secrets for many years. There's no legal recourse for them, as I am guessing that they wouldn't prevail in civil court. 

The past few weeks they have been abused all over again, from Moore, Bannon, Trump, and others on the national stage. If not for black voters, and specifically black women who very well know how black females have been treated for centuries by men like Moore, Moore would have been elected. That's huge. These white women weren't even supported by white women voters. And that's huge. 

I have a feeling that they want to go back to their non-media existence. These are small town people who came forward at great personal expense to stop a monster. How courageous! We have no right to expect more from them, unless they wish it.

Archived