Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

14 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Gut check time.............How many of you here would be arguing the same thing if the ballot in question was marked straight D except for the 94th district and those marks were flipped?  And what if that error were what gave the vote to the R?  No need to actually answer here.  You know in your heart the answer.  Just think about it.  If your answer isn't the same, you are part of the problem.

Would you count the vote for Gillepsie?

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would not count the portion of the ballot that had mistakes but would count the other votes on the ballot that were clearly marked.

I'd count Gillepsie but not the House of Delegates vote. Even the with the cross out they filled the oval. It would suck if the shoe was on the other foot but this person can't follow simple instructions. Anytime I mess up a ballot, I just go get a new one. They should have asked for a new one after the first selection.

17 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They voted twice.  It should have been thrown out.

I agree that said my coworker knows one of Yancy's attorneys and he told me the reason they brought this one up and won is that 4 of the ballots that Simonds challenged and got accepted were like this one. 

Yeah totally hearsay.

I'd love him to list out who these "election integrity experts" are. And lol @ taking a polygraph test. 

I would tell him to GTFO but to be honest the more he hangs around the more of an albatross around the GOP he'll be and the more he'll remind everyone of the mass insane asylum breakout that used to be the Republican party. Trump should be enough to do that but unfortunately I think people are just so used to seeing him and his awfulness that a fresh face of awfulness to remind them will help.

EDIT: Found something about the "experts" in a WaPo article about the whole thing

Roy Moore asks Alabama court to block Doug Jones, call a new Senate election

The experts came to the case with baggage of their own. James Condit Jr., one of the election analysts who signed an affidavit on behalf of Moore’s campaign, has written and spoken about “Zionist” control of world politics, and alleged an Israeli role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Richard Charnin, who provided the court with an argument that there was just enough possible fraud to swing the election, claimed to have “mathematically” proven a conspiracy behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hey look! Our leadership in VA is looking more like the people they are supposed to represent and work for. I'll put my money on harbinger of things to come too. We need to make this our new reality everywhere as much as possible, slowly and surely. If we do have free and fair elections in November, hopefully that's what's going to happen. Maybe the deck can be un-stacked against the pretty much non-representative status quo everywhere. 

Archived