One week in still going strong.
New paterns established this week:
1) up at 5am every day (normal was 7) use the time to plan my day and set my call
2) In the office ready to start my calls at 8am weekdays. Because of this I've added two listings in the last week and have two more appointments set. I was primarily a Realtor who worked outside of the Lexington city limits (more rural) but two of my appointments are IN Lexington on properties that are above my target average sale.
3) drastic reduction in social media time. I haven't reached my goal of ONLY business related time, but I'm WAY closer than I was.
4) Trump can still kiss my ass, but he's not taking up my day like I was allowing.
5) This may sound counter to #3 but I am growing my social media audience. A month ago I was at 1,500 I've been steadily adding folks whom I share at least 15 mutuals and that live in my geographic area and today I've got 3,309 and counting. I know I don't know these people, but they become part of my market audience. My goal is by the end of the month to be at the 5,000 threshold.
6) I've also grown my business page from 75 to 262 likes, there are organic likes, and invites. MUCH slower than adding friends.
7) I turned of ALL social media notifications, no more push, no more red dots, no more catnip! I check soc media when I <---(that was supposed to be emphasized) choose to.
8. I've been following a pretty strict schedule of posting a variety of items, video talks which are getting a lot of views, recipes which are always popular, and some business.
9. I have a new call system that my coach showed me and it is cutting down on my excuses for "who do I call next".
10) one of the biggest things that is REALLY encouraging me is the full implementation of the 5 Second Rule. I'm doing and saying the things that I need to and I'm seeing the results. I'm not allowing the excuses to poison my thoughts and stall my momentum.
11) because of this I've been invited to participate in a mastermind group with other Tom Ferry (coaching) clients, I got the call yesterday from a young guy in Hawaii.
1) yes I've been rejected, a guy told me to get off his steps, a few others have texted saying to take them off my list. So far no one has cussed me out, thank god I live in Kentucky. No matter how bad those sting, the thrill of success is greater. On the same night the guy told me off to my face I placed a folder at a house where the seller wasn't home and handed a card to her neighbor saying I was trying to reach her. She called me yesterday, we're meeting end of next month when she's ready to relist. The neighbor, he had a Realtor sign in his yard WITH a pending rider on it...he gave the seller MY card. And his agent is one of the "rockstars".
2) getting up and going is tough, NO ONE else is awake so it is all me to get rolling and stay focused. And I'm ready to crash at 10pm. Last night I saw that it was 8 and I had to wait two hours to go to bed. That's a first for a guy who usually crashes around 1am!
3) I've still got things on my "to-do" list and I know I'm going to get busier as my listings pile up. I've not focused on my team building yet, mostly because I'm securing my own oxygen first.
4) The videos are a reach for me, I'm not your cool slick GQ Realtor, I'm a big guy with not great hair and I'd 100% rather stay brhind the camera, but I'd doing it anyways and I'm getting more comfortable...slightly...each time. I simply remind myself that folks are going to see me anyways, they might as well get to know me apart from my headshot.
So that's my update. See you next week!