Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

7 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I disagree with you strongly.  But respect your opinion.

Now if the Left actually held hearings and a vote, and rejected Trumps choice, I would support that.  That was more than the Right could manage.  But I would be against the Left voting down anyone who isn't a raging Liberal or something.  If Trump were able to put up a reasonable, qualified, middle of the road justice or even a SLIGHTLY conservative one, I would expect the Left to support.  Or they would just be showing they are willing to do the same thing they claimed was so wrong.

I say no! I hate how the right throws a hissy fit, changes the rules to do whatever they want and when they lose power (usually because of it) the left has to placate to their wants and needs and play "fair". That was my major problem with Obama, he should've steam rolled them like they do to us when he had the chance.

17 hours ago, Predicto said:

I don't fee bad for Alabama at all.  The people there DO have a say in this.  Long before Roy Moore was outed as a kiddie grabber, he was a rotten, divisive, dishonest, racist, sexist, homophobic clown of a judge who ignored the constitition and repeatedly ignored the law and defied federal and state authority in favor of his own brand of bigotry. 

And the good people of Alabama elected him to be their Chief Justice, and when was removed for blatant misconduct in office, they elected him AGAIN.  And if this recent kiddy grabbing stuff hadn't come out, he would have been elected to the Senate by an overwhelming majority - because he is exactly what the majority of Alabama voters want to represent their values.

I keep thinking back to this post as I watch CNN trip all over itself praising Alabama this morning and talking about how Alabama is a "blue" state now.

CNN appears to be news for dumb people.

26 minutes ago, tshile said:

I keep thinking back to this post as I watch CNN trip all over itself praising Alabama this morning and talking about how Alabama is a "blue" state now.

CNN appears to be news for dumb people.

Yeah Alabama is certainly not a blue state by any stretch. What did it take for a Democrat to win there? A homophobic, racist, bigoted, Civil War regressive, child molester. And even then the margin of victory was less than 2%.

Story of the night you probably won't see much in the MSM: Black voters, particularly black women, pushed Doug Jones to victory.

DQ55-ytX0AAt3vA.jpg:large

Pic is originally from the "Yes, You're Racist" twitter but he said a naughty word in the tweet and I wanted to post the picture outside of a spoiler.

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Story of the night you probably won't see much in the MSM: Black voters, particularly black women, pushed Doug Jones to victory.

DQ55-ytX0AAt3vA.jpg:large

Pic is originally from the "Yes, You're Racist" twitter but he said a naughty word in the tweet and I wanted to post the picture outside of a spoiler.

The reality is that blacks make up Just about a third of the population in Alabama, yet are the poorest. Libs better rub their feet.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I say no! I hate how the right throws a hissy fit, changes the rules to do whatever they want and when they lose power (usually because of it) the left has to placate to their wants and needs and play "fair". That was my major problem with Obama, he should've steam rolled them like they do to us when he had the chance.

I think it is more expecting the Left to act like the adults in the room.  Now I was a Republican at one point (in the last year or so) but actually left because I was so tired of them acting like children among other things.  The Left doing the same thing that caused me to abandon the Right isn't exactly giving me a good reason to join their team.  I know acting like an adult is a lot to ask of our politicians but can they at least try?

Trump: I thought you said it was in the bag.

Moscow Hacker: It was.

Trump: You said you were going to rig the vote just like last time.

Moscow Hacker: I did. I even put a little extra sauce.

Trump: Well, we lost.

Moscow Hacker: Impossible. I rewrote the program so that sixty percent of Jones votes were deleted upon input.

Trump: Moore lost.

Moscow Hacker: How bad a candidate did you run!

Trump: Well, he was a better candidate than me!

Moscow Hacker: I see. I should have put it to 80%.

Lots of praise being heaped on Alabama this morning in the media I'm reading/seeing

Exit polls show Republicans didn't vote for Jones. They just chose to stay home. Democrat's supporters showed up. That's why Moore lost.

Republicans in Alabama couldn't show up and vote for a Democrat when the R candidate is a kid toucher.

Worth noting when people talk about the meaning of the election.

47 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

That's all wtop and npr was discussing on my 20 minutes listening this morning.

Also, college educated voter exit polling.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Lots of praise being heaped on Alabama this morning in the media I'm reading/seeing

Exit polls show Republicans didn't vote for Jones. They just chose to stay home. Democrat's supporters showed up. That's why Moore lost.

Republicans in Alabama couldn't show up and vote for a Democrat when the R candidate is a kid toucher.

Worth noting when people talk about the meaning of the election.

I see this more as an American victory than a victory for the democrats. After Trump, one had to wonder if there were any lines of decency left. By the thinnest of margins, it appears there are.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I see this more as an American victory than a victory for the democrats. After Trump, one had to wonder if there were any lines of decency left. By the thinnest of margins, it appears there are.

But are there?

Remember who Moore is.

Add in the context that I just posted - that R's didn't vote against him, they just stayed home. The ones that bothered to vote still couldn't vote against him.

I'm overly cynical. So maybe I'm just blind here. I'm not exactly finding decency in this.

Had any measurable portion of R's shown up and voted against him I think I'd agree. But they didn't. Yet again we see a race that is less about issues and moral standards and an educated electorate, but instead simply about which party energized its base.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

But are there?

Remember who Moore is.

Add in the context that I just posted - that R's didn't vote against him, they just stayed home. The ones that bothered to vote still couldn't vote against him.

I'm overly cynical. So maybe I'm just blind here. I'm not exactly finding decency in this.

Had any measurable portion of R's shown up and voted against him I think I'd agree. But they didn't. Yet again we see a race that is less about issues and moral standards and an educated electorate, but instead simply about which party energized its base.

That's why I call it an American victory. Most likely, any other Republican would have won. Moore depressed the vote which was probably as close as Alabamanians could get to voting for a Democrat. 

The Democrats didn't win. Moore lost. I'm not sure if the Republicans won or lost.

Archived