Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So I think this is the most interesting open question of the night. That is:  since Trumpism has pretty clearly become toxic to where Dems are outperforming the 2016 election everywhere by big margins, will we see Republicans start to seriously distance themselves from Trump (after he signs the #taxscam bill into law, of course). Or does Moore losing in Alabama get entirely chalked up to his .... proclivities?

Moore didn't lose because of Trump. Or him multiple removals from office. Or his policies or positions. 

He lost because being a pedophile is more important than party loyalty to a tiny fraction of Republicans. 

Frankly, it's pretty similar to the Republicans who were cool with Nazis leading white supremacist marches in the US, but thought that actual Nazi flags were slightly too obvious, and next time, they should leave the flags at home. 

15 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Fox, at one point earlier in the night, was saying that Moore had a 75% chance of winning.  Guess that blew up in their faces.

I was watching Fox never saw that projection (I think the highest projection I saw was 55% for Moore and that was the NY Times).  BTW That isn't a knock on the Times they have the best ongoing result analytical model I've seen and stays way ahead of anyone else.

BTW I watched Fox because I usually watch the network that supports or leans to the candidates I want to lose (Hannity and Ingram in this case).  In other words I almost always watch MSNBC on election night - tonight being the exception.

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Whoa. Winning a senate seat in Alabama is not what was supposed to happen. Even given the circumstances. 

how about this: as trumpy stews, he draws a line to how this is all little jeffy sessions fault again becuase if he had just picked a different guy, which he would have if he'd known jeffy was gonna recuse, then none of this would have ever gone down (trump brain) :D...and then he'll not only beat up jeffy again via twitter over this, he'll use it as more leverage to get jeffy to do something horrible and illegal at the doj, likely involving Hillary :P

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is what the Dem message needs to be. Don’t get lost on culture wars. They’ve already been won and society is going to continue naturally progressing that way regardless. Their focus needs to be on their economic policy, healthcare/GOP trying to rip away healthcare from millions, education etx and how these will benefits Americans 

yeah, but you know the dems propensity for self-defeat...it's almost dna level minus the barack blip/anomaly

31 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The irony of the fact that Jeff Sessions was promoted to AG because Alabama is about as safe a Senate seat as you get for Republicans.... 

Actually Sessions was rewarded because he was the first national politician to support Trump.  Trump is all about "his people."

30 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

What's so AWESOME is that Fox News projected Jones the winner before CNN did.  They're trying to run away from this as fast as possible

Time to talk about Bengazi some more

Archived