Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Indeed.

Progress is a product of action, not time. You can't bet on a future in which electing Roy Moore penalizes the GOP. 

Moore would be a degradation of a lot of our norms and standards. He is an awful person.

100% Agree.  More is a line in the sand.  An openly racist homophobic child molester in the Senate is a win for no one.  This is a matter of principle.

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

The idea that Democrats cannot use Moore as a whipping boy in 2018 if he loses tonight makes zero sense.

The Republicans supported his candidacy, as did the president. Just play those statements and move onward.

The problem there (as Nonniey mentioned) it requires the Reps to sit out or vote opposing him.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

To my liberal friends entertaining the long term advantage given the dems by Moore winning tonight...

May I remind you some liberals voted for trump in the gop primaries using the same logic.

There's a major difference between 1 senator out of 100, and the POTUS. 

But I agree, that was a terrible idea (although I'm not sure anyone really did it).   

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The idea that Democrats cannot use Moore as a whipping boy in 2018 if he loses tonight makes zero sense.

The Republicans supported his candidacy, as did the president. Just play those statements and move onward.

He’ll be out of the public eye and it will be much less effective.  No harm, no foul and all that. 

Plus, Trump will deny ever having heard of this so-called “Roy moore.”

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

If he loses he will fade from the limelight.  If he wins he will be the unhinged gift that keeps on giving.  

(that's the theory, anyway - I'm all in on Jones)

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Blame Mitch McConnell. I do not want a Democratic Senate majority voting for Supreme Court judges nominated by a radical Republican President. 

Maybe once the Democrats draw even on Merrick Garland's stolen seat, we can call it even and carry on.

I disagree with you strongly.  But respect your opinion.

Now if the Left actually held hearings and a vote, and rejected Trumps choice, I would support that.  That was more than the Right could manage.  But I would be against the Left voting down anyone who isn't a raging Liberal or something.  If Trump were able to put up a reasonable, qualified, middle of the road justice or even a SLIGHTLY conservative one, I would expect the Left to support.  Or they would just be showing they are willing to do the same thing they claimed was so wrong.

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He’ll be out of the public eye and it will be much less effective.  No harm, no foul and all that. 

Plus, Trump will deny ever having heard of this so-called “Roy moore.”

5 minutes ago, Predicto said:

If he loses he will fade from the limelight.  If he wins he will be the unhinged gift that keeps on giving.  

(that's the theory, anyway - I'm all in on Jones)

He will only be out of the spotlight if the Dems let him fade away.

I would tie Moore to candidates in many of hte burbs next year and use his name in the Senate.

The Republicans will tie every candidate to the Clintons and they are not in the spotlight. 

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

No one is saying that but if he won imagine how they could have used him.

Additionally this possibly cripples Bannon's efforts to target the Conservatives and Centrists in the Republican party (Which would have helped the Dems election efforts).

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He will only be out of the spotlight if the Dems let him fade away.

I would tie Moore to candidates in many of hte burbs next year and use his name in the Senate.

The Republicans will tie every candidate to the Clintons and they are not in the spotlight. 

Donald Trump backing Moore did pretty much all the work that Democrats needed.

Trump should have kept his mouth shut. He is going to look really bad if Moore loses. He would have backed such a despicable person that even the most conservative state in the country was repulsed by him.

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

You can use him the same way.

Not to the same level. Plus Bannon's targeting of Centrists and Conservatives would also be crippled with a Moore loss.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Pretty much.

Donald Trump backing Moore did pretty much all the work that Democrats needed.

Trump should have kept his mouth shut. He is going to look really bad if Moore loses. He would have backed such a despicable person that even the most conservative state in the country was repulsed by him.

Won't be nearly as effective as it would have been if Moore had won.

Archived