Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

On 3/22/2018 at 2:41 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get the feeling that trust is a huge component of this game, you've got to trust a guy to be in position, etc.  and if you don't have that trust, it's an issue.  I don't think it would be all junior high or anything, but a rift in the DB room is not something you want.  At all.

This.

You don't have to like the people you play with (though it helps) but you HAVE to be able to trust them to do their jobs, be accountable and have your back. If your not sure about someone in that respect everything breaks down.

Whatever people say in public I have a hard time believing Cravens commitment to the game and the team will be fully trusted by his teammates. I think its very long odds against him ever playing another snap as a Redskin.

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This.

You don't have to like the people you play with (though it helps) but you HAVE to be able to trust them to do their jobs, be accountable and have your back. If your not sure about someone in that respect everything breaks down.

Whatever people say in public I have a hard time believing Cravens commitment to the game and the team will be fully trusted by his teammates. I think its very long odds against him ever playing another snap as a Redskin.

And the very first time Cravens is out of position, if there are pent up feelings that he abandoned the team, etc, that could blow up. Either on-field (worst case) or in the film room.  If you don't have trust, and you feel that trust was completely broken, it's really hard to regain that trust.  Trust me.  :)   It's just not worth the risk.

Also, I like the accountability aspect.  If you screw with our team, there's the door, you can have a second chance, but not here.  Bye Bye now.  

It's a message I think this team could really benefit from.  Because I don't think there's a heck of a lot of accountability in general, at any level from GM to backup punt returner.  

53 minutes ago, FrFan said:

This will be true until it's not true.  Also, it's bad business to tell the world you want to move somebody, you really would prefer to have the leverage.

Or, Gruden is being honest, and they're going to give it a go.  Personally, I hope he's not being honest. 

I still think that the best chances are he gets traded on draft day for a 4th or 5th round pick.  

If he is an independent man .. why is he so worried about what "fans" think. 

Live your life, dont worry about what others think, be true to you, I get it. We all thought that way until we had kids and bills and mortgages (aka social economic chains) .... so why are you even bothering talking about "fans" this, "fans" that. Youre free of this material world young man. Go. I heard Greece is nice.  

Like a kid who thinks he has the world all figured out and he just cant stop himself from making sure everyone knows he is different. He is a free thinker. He is not sheep. He is not cattle to be herded like the masses. So why the hell are you still hanging around the barn. Go. Vamanous. Run free. Climb mountains. Be a billy goat. 

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Overall I agree with you.

But his last statement about how fans think is truth.  I'm always perplexed by how fans see things with players vs. ownership.

Yes I agreed. I just can't stand the guy for obvious reasons. And I totally expect him to be dealt for like a 5th and end up having a solid, Ryan Clark in Pittsburg, career.  Now that he has learned what life looks like without an NFL paycheck I expect him to do just enough to keep a job. 

5 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

Did they even interview this guy pre-draft? Whoever did, should be fired.

He comes across as snobby with a chip on his shoulder. He's talking about performing on rookie contracts and he didn't even bother showing up for year 2.

He apparently had a legitimate medical condition, for it to take several months before a doctor would give him "medical clearance" to play.

Was that medical decision ever announced?

And was that from the first season where he declared he was going blind, or was it something new where he questioned if he wanted to play football anymore?

To me, all information points to him falling out of love with the game, taking some time off to consider retiring and then trying to come back.

Sprinkled with petty and childish posts on the internet.

I'm as compassionate about people as anyone else, but if he truly has a medical condition affecting him this badly, he should retire... and if he won't, the team(with a medical diagnosis and recommendation) should cut him for his own good.

1 hour ago, Butters20 said:

Yes it was noted that Sua' needs to stop eating Tide Pods. What is this cat talking about anyway. He should get checked out for CTE ....Not kidding, dude is twisted up in his melon.  I almost hope he has been huffing glue and tweeting, it would explain the irrational behavior. 

7 hours ago, Butters20 said:

And was that from the first season where he declared he was going blind, or was it something new where he questioned if he wanted to play football anymore?

To me, all information points to him falling out of love with the game, taking some time off to consider retiring and then trying to come back.

Sprinkled with petty and childish posts on the internet.

I'm as compassionate about people as anyone else, but if he truly has a medical condition affecting him this badly, he should retire... and if he won't, the team(with a medical diagnosis and recommendation) should cut him for his own good.

I think if it was a true medical issue,he would’ve addressed it way before the timeframe he decided he wasn’t going to show up(week before the first game,cmon!!)..I think now that his bills are catching up to him he’s missing his game checks right about now!!..i was so excited when we drafted him,literally sitting on my couch praying we’d grab him at our time to pick!!..but the way he did what he did,and the timing of it too put a real bad taste in my mouth!!..my question is,what do I think we can get out of this bad investment and move on??..draft pick??(knowing it’s going to be way lower than where we got him at) or simply try for a player for player swap??(if a team is ever going to consider that without trying to low ball the hell outta us)..”medical issue” aside,I think he’s extremely immature and really damaged his credibility with his team and coaches who from what I could tell kinda liked him??..they had high expectations for him,trying to find his best fit and making him the best player they could to put on the field to succeed annnd he spits in their faces,not once(because D.Williams had a talk with him before they sat his butt down for the season)but twice and he still acted like a child..teams invest Millions of dollars in to a player to act and preform a certain way,and they know this long before they ever get drafted!!..Su’a knew what he was doing coming into camp,and to take that same chance away from another player that was busting their butts for the exact same chance that he so conveniently decided to walk away from was not only childish but selfish as well!!!!!...get whatever ya can for this waste of talent annnnd Show em the door please,we hundreds of hungry up-an-comers DYING to do what he does!!✌️✌️

1. So Denver’s trade for former Washington safety Su’a Cravens involves five draft picks, but the main one is a fifth-round pick that is going to the Redskins.

9 replies45 retweets58 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Denver is swapping fourth- and fifth-round picks, and giving another 5th-round pick with Washington in exchange for safety Su’a Cravens, per source. Cravens is a Bronco.

giphy.gif

Archived