Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

Given the situation, they couldn't have done much better. But, we seem to have so many of those "given the situation" conditions lately. In the end, we made the best of a bad situation that we helped created, just like with Cousins. 

So in isolation the move is fine, but we need to start drafting better and getting our homegrown guys locked up earlier so we aren't constantly leaving value on the table. 

1 hour ago, TK said:

Jeebus

What a pure Scrub!!!..that should be our FO expression real talk!!..and what music is that from..Frozen??..Figures and explains a whole lot!!..Good riddance ya waste of space,now we made room for an Actual Football Player an now he’s the Bronco’s problem,Good Luck-lmfao!!!!!!

can't fault the FO for this one. They actually made chicken salad out of chicken ****. Getting anything in return for him is a coup. 5th rounder isn't bad at all. Who knows, those few spots could be the difference between a guy we really want or someone who was snatched up by another team just before we picked.

I'm happy that turd was flushed and we can move on. For those worried that he will pan out in denver, don't. He has a history of being a quitter. What he does not have a history of is being a long term winner/non quitter. I think we won this trade.

21 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Given the situation, they couldn't have done much better. But, we seem to have so many of those "given the situation" conditions lately. In the end, we made the best of a bad situation that we helped created, just like with Cousins. 

So in isolation the move is fine, but we need to start drafting better and getting our homegrown guys locked up earlier so we aren't constantly leaving value on the table. 

Thank you!  I'm really, really sick of this crap.  "Hey, at least I sold Toys 'R Us stock for a few pennies!"  Good organizations don't have to make chicken salad out of chicken ****, because they don't get in that situation in the first place.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Thank you!  I'm really, really sick of this crap.  "Hey, at least I sold Toys 'R Us stock for a few pennies!"  Good organizations don't have to make chicken salad out of chicken ****, because they don't get in that situation in the first place.

Look at it as cleaning up after another of McCloughan's blunders.

:816:

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Suagate?

It was even worse -- think about that ham sandwich on Passover (which is Friday night).  At least on Ramadan you can eat at night and the bread is permissible.  You can't eat bread at all on Passover, and the ham....

This is a very happy surprise trade.  Now I gotta redo my First-Pick picks and figure out who to draft with that extra 5th rounder.  Hmmm, maybe a QB?

Passover would work too, but both religions are pork adverse

The lack of bread on a Passover sandwich trade is a good point though.:D

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, RFK Lives said:

I would take a 5th or better, I might consider a 6th.  The reason being, is our locker room strong enough and does it have enough leadership to work through the events of last year?  I would like to hope so but if I were betting money, I would say no.

With the departure of Niles Paul and Ryan Grant and others that contributed on special teams, we could use him but is he the type to shy away from that believing he is high profile starter, which I don't think he is but just given what we have seen from his actions and heard from his statements, he thinks he is.

I for one, am quite happy with the 5th.  I thought that might be the ceiling although I held out hope for better.

On another note...why they hell does he want to be in Denver so bad?  Could it be about a certain product availability?  Just wondering...especially after that tweet.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

A 5th rounder isn't really much IMO.

Basically traded him for a future practice squad member/roster cut.

We drafted Niles Paul in the 5th round and he was a solid contributor.  Sure, you might be right but there are also just as many stories of 5th rounders and later becoming contributors and starters.

5 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

On another note...why they hell does he want to be in Denver so bad?  Could it be about a certain product availability?  Just wondering...especially after that tweet.

"John [Elway] called him up and told him how excited they were to have him," Schaffer said. "Everyone is positive going forward and that's all Su'a is concerned about now."

As for Cravens' commitment to the game, Schaffer said: "That's not even a question in my mind. In every conversation we have, he breathes, he talks, he eats football. I don't understand what people are talking about." Link

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

LOL, that video is disturbing, somethings wrong with this kid, hopefully for his sake he gets it together.

Yeah, that was weird. Seemed like it was for show/fake. He really thinks he was the victim in  all this.

Players, like coaches, talk. Grass isn’t always greener. It’s a small league, these guys all hang out. 

Was expecting something to happen on draft day but I aint mad for the FO cutting their losses now, even if it's just for a 5th round pick and change.

I was all for bringing him to TC as part of the 90 day roster to see if something changed, but there is probably more going on here than what has been reported.

What a waste of a 2nd round pick.

14 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

A 5th rounder isn't really much IMO.

Basically traded him for a future practice squad member/roster cut.

Or for Chris Thompson.

Or Pierre Garcon (6th round comp pick).

Or Chase Roullier.

Or Matt Ioannidis.

Or Ryan Grant.

Or Niles Paul.

Or good quality depth that can step in and start a game or two when needed.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Or for Chris Thompson. Or Pierre Garcon (6th round comp pick). Or Chase Roullier.  Or Matt Ioannidis.  Or Ryan Grant. Or Niles Paul.

Or good quality depth that can step in and start a game or two when needed.

Edited so not quoting block of text but all good points.

However, I think the point is that the second rounder is still an absolute waste.  We had him at 53 with the intent of a hybrid safety/LB and then at 64 a Pro Bowl safety (keep in mind second-year) is taken.  A Pro Bowl DE is taken, then we pick up the best slot corner of 2016 (and promptly trade him away because of other incompetence).

I'll take a better percentage shot at a solid starter than a couple more low percentage shots at surprises/solid back ups.

So, if I read it correctly, we are swapping 4th round picks, swapping 5th round picks and getting their 2nd 5th round picks?  Are we getting their 6th pick in round 4 or their 9th pick?  

I wonder what the plan is come draft day, looking to move up to grab a 3rd round pick?  Looking at the value of each picks after the trade, if we get the #6 pick in the 4th (92pts), that with both 5th round picks (39.5, 31 pts) will equal 162.5 pts value.  If we get their 9th fourth round pick plus the 5th rounders, it equals 154.5 pts value.

Which might allow us to move up and pick between 24th - 32nd pick in the third round.  Thats just basing it off those picks alone, Im sure there are other picks they could toss in from later rounds and future drafts to move up.  Just hope we don't give up too much, cause we could really use a 3rd rounder this year.

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Edited so not quoting block of text but all good points.

However, I think the point is that the second rounder is still an absolute waste.  We had him at 53 with the intent of a hybrid safety/LB and then at 64 a Pro Bowl safety (keep in mind second-year) is taken.  A Pro Bowl DE is taken, then we pick up the best slot corner of 2016 (and promptly trade him away because of other incompetence).

I'll take a better percentage shot at a solid starter than a couple more low percentage shots at surprises/solid back ups.

Well, the other guy's point was that the Skins "basically traded (Cravens) for a future practice squad member/roster cut".

11 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I agree that it is disheartening to lose out on a second rounder at a potential need spot on a rookie contract but I think we can all agree, especially after that tweet he sent out, he did not want to be here.  I think it was the right move to strike before the draft and get something before everybody else waiting around for us to cut him and then take a flyer on him.  Guess I am glass half full about it. 

Archived