Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

The 'Skins don't owe Cravens anything.  If the guy still wants to play football, he should expect to be suiting up for the 'Skins unless another team is willing to go above & beyond for his services.  He shouldn't just be given away for a late round pick.

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The 'Skins don't owe Cravens anything.  If the guy still wants to play football, he should expect to be suiting up for the 'Skins unless another team is willing to go above & beyond for his services.  He shouldn't just be given away for a late round pick.

I don't think that it's such a black and white issue. He let a lot of people down and many of his teammates no longer have respect for him. That's also apparent by his recent tweet in which he states something along the lines of "only the real teammates who have been with me will get invited to my camp!".

I guarantee you Swearinger and Norman are relatively pissed off at him for "bailing" on the squad. There's a little more to this than brain / body injuries, Cravens is at the best very immature and at worst mentally unstable. If he wants to play football there's a good chance it isn't here. If the internal conversation is in agreement that he's a lost cause then a 7th is better than 0 everyday of the week.

From what little I know about what happened behind the scenes, how his teammates feel, where his head is at ... I would prefer to keep him unless a team offers a 3rd rounder. 

Which seems like this is exactly what the team is doing. No rush, no pressure to make a move. He is a 2nd round talent with questionable mental make up. 

Sucks, I was intrigued by this kid. Thats what he is ... a kid making things harder than they have to be bc he is a kid. 

I would take a 5th or better, I might consider a 6th.  The reason being, is our locker room strong enough and does it have enough leadership to work through the events of last year?  I would like to hope so but if I were betting money, I would say no.

With the departure of Niles Paul and Ryan Grant and others that contributed on special teams, we could use him but is he the type to shy away from that believing he is high profile starter, which I don't think he is but just given what we have seen from his actions and heard from his statements, he thinks he is.

3 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

I would take a 5th or better, I might consider a 6th.  The reason being, is our locker room strong enough and does it have enough leadership to work through the events of last year?  I would like to hope so but if I were betting money, I would say no.

With the departure of Niles Paul and Ryan Grant and others that contributed on special teams, we could use him but is he the type to shy away from that believing he is high profile starter, which I don't think he is but just given what we have seen from his actions and heard from his statements, he thinks he is.

I'd hold him if the offers are that low. Let the kid play even if the environment isn't 100% comfortable for him. You can't get pennies on the dollar 2 years after drafting him. 

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'd hold him if the offers are that low. Let the kid play even if the environment isn't 100% comfortable for him. You can't get pennies on the dollar 2 years after drafting him. 

That's a tough one.  The question is not whether it's uncomfortable for him, but whether it's good for the team to have him there. Or is his mere presence going to be a distraction and is there going to be disdain with him being there.

I honestly don't care about his feelings as much as I do making sure we don't have a guy in the locker room who's going to somehow be divisive.  Even if all of his issues are behind him.  

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's a tough one.  The question is not whether it's uncomfortable for him, but whether it's good for the team to have him there. Or is his mere presence going to be a distraction and is there going to be disdain with him being there.

I honestly don't care about his feelings as much as I do making sure we don't have a guy in the locker room who's going to somehow be divisive.  Even if all of his issues are behind him.  

No I get it, but let's actually think that through...how much of a distraction can it really be? These are adults playing football. Are they going to melt down because one of the guys was going through something last year and abandoned them? It might just need to be explained to any leaders with an issue that this is what the organization needs to do in order to avoid losing yet another asset for nothing. 

24 minutes ago, RWJ said:

IF a trade happens, I think it will be on draft day too.  For what?  We will find out, IF it happens.

Which day of the draft is the question. I don't see us trading up, so Su'a wouldn't be part of a day 1 trade. Maybe a day 2 trade to move up to Denvers 2nd rounder?

If (yes, big if here) we sign Hankins...I'd love to try to get Will Hernandez at LG early in the 2nd if he makes it past day 1.

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Which day of the draft is the question. I don't see us trading up, so Su'a wouldn't be part of a day 1 trade. Maybe a day 2 trade to move up to Denvers 2nd rounder?

If (yes, big if here) we sign Hankins...I'd love to try to get Will Hernandez at LG early in the 2nd if he makes it past day 1.

Have no idea.  I'm just guessing right now.  If I had to guess it might be a swap of picks in the 4th or 5th round. 

52 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

No I get it, but let's actually think that through...how much of a distraction can it really be? These are adults playing football. Are they going to melt down because one of the guys was going through something last year and abandoned them? It might just need to be explained to any leaders with an issue that this is what the organization needs to do in order to avoid losing yet another asset for nothing. 

I get the feeling that trust is a huge component of this game, you've got to trust a guy to be in position, etc.  and if you don't have that trust, it's an issue.  I don't think it would be all junior high or anything, but a rift in the DB room is not something you want.  At all.  

Don't forget, most of these guys are in their 20's, and grudges can sometimes die hard.  They did for me when I was in my 20's.  :) Hell, I still hold a few of them, and that was 20 years ago... chuckle.  

For the record, the only player I’ve personally heard has a problem with welcoming Su’a back into the locker room is DHall and what he says others think.  Every other player I’ve heard has been supportive and says they’d welcome him back.  Interesting given it’s rumored that the beef here is between Bruce and Su’a.  The way I see it is you let the guy come in and earn a spot before you take next to nothing for him.

Archived