Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Well, the other guy's point was that the Skins "basically traded (Cravens) for a future practice squad member/roster cut".

No no, I get it, I just am sick of us having to make the consolation prize argument or "maybe it won't be so bad."

56 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

What a pure Scrub!!!..that should be our FO expression real talk!!..and what music is that from..Frozen??..Figures and explains a whole lot!!..Good riddance ya waste of space,now we made room for an Actual Football Player an now he’s the Bronco’s problem,Good Luck-lmfao!!!!!!

It's actually Aladdin, get your damn facts straight.

12 minutes ago, dyst said:

It's actually Aladdin, get your damn facts straight.

Either way..I knew it was one of the movies my 4year old niece would watch!!..figures a childish guy listening to childish music makes sense-it’s definitely something he can relate to!!

3 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

Either way..I knew it was one of the movies my 4year old niece would watch!!..figures a childish guy listening to childish music makes sense-it’s definitely something he can relate to!!

Well he is clearly not mature. Hope him the best but glad he is gone.

25 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

I agree that it is disheartening to lose out on a second rounder at a potential need spot on a rookie contract but I think we can all agree, especially after that tweet he sent out, he did not want to be here.  I think it was the right move to strike before the draft and get something before everybody else waiting around for us to cut him and then take a flyer on him.  Guess I am glass half full about it. 

*"Good-Riddence, 'Boy Named Suzy'! Bye, 'Felicia'!

We won't miss you, 'cause we've got JOSH HARVEY-CLEMONS!!!"

Unlike everyone else, I actually want Sua to succeed. I want him to ball out, and play like a superstar next season and carry the team on his shoulders to the playoffs. Then he can retire the next season and give us our compensatory pick.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Or for Chris Thompson.

Or Pierre Garcon (6th round comp pick).

Or Chase Roullier.

Or Matt Ioannidis.

Or Ryan Grant.

Or Niles Paul.

Or good quality depth that can step in and start a game or two when needed.

I understand your point, and these are exceptions, no doubt

But if I list all the 5th rounders that are out of the league since those dudes were drafted, I’d take up too much time and space.

Im just saying the chances of finding a gem in the 5th is highly unlikely, and Cravens ended up being a wasted 2nd with no good return.

If we end up drafting a stud in the 5th, I’d be just as happy as you, but I’m not holding my breath 

1 hour ago, RFK Lives said:

I agree that it is disheartening to lose out on a second rounder at a potential need spot on a rookie contract but I think we can all agree, especially after that tweet he sent out, he did not want to be here.  I think it was the right move to strike before the draft and get something before everybody else waiting around for us to cut him and then take a flyer on him.  Guess I am glass half full about it. 

I'm with you and most other people in that it was the best way to deal with a bad situation.  I'm just more focused on not getting in bad situations.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Thank you!  I'm really, really sick of this crap.  "Hey, at least I sold Toys 'R Us stock for a few pennies!"  Good organizations don't have to make chicken salad out of chicken ****, because they don't get in that situation in the first place.

You can't blame the org for cravens being a complete nutjob. Lots of kids come into the league at 20 or 21 and need to grow up, it's par for the course. Most make the transition. Our ****bag obviously didn't. This is not on the org. Nobody truly knows what's in someone's heart except that person. Your jaded perspective is wrong in this case.

11 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I understand your point, and these are exceptions, no doubt

But if I list all the 5th rounders that are out of the league since those dudes were drafted, I’d take up too much time and space.

Im just saying the chances of finding a gem in the 5th is highly unlikely, and Cravens ended up being a wasted 2nd with no good return.

If we end up drafting a stud in the 5th, I’d be just as happy as you, but I’m not holding my breath 

IMO, the pick was wasted when Cravens "retired". The team had issues with him at the end of the 2016 season and teammates were questioning his commitment (that video of Will Compton talking to Cravens just showed so damn much about his mindset). I actually expected him to stay retired and the Redskins to end up with air as compensation (unless there's some form of compensation available when a player just ups and retires out of the blue like that). So coming out of it all with improved draft slots in the 4th and 5th rounds and an additional pick in the 5th means we can replace air with solid depth and maybe with some luck a starter.

Besides, it's a team's responsibility to develop young talent. We fans see to want all our draft picks to be ready-made for the NFL from day one.  If it takes some years to develop them to that level we consider it a wasted pick. (not saying you think this way, by the way...just talking in general)

14 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

You can't blame the org for cravens being a complete nutjob. Lots of kids come into the league at 20 or 21 and need to grow up, it's par for the course. Most make the transition. Our ****bag obviously didn't. This is not on the org. Nobody truly knows what's in someone's heart except that person. Your jaded perspective is wrong in this case.

Nobody knows for sure until after the fact. 

But there are indicators. 

Josh Rosen has an image that he grew up super rich, is entitled, didnt play in the bowl game to prepare for the draft and he thinks of himself as a "unique thinker". 

He had to go out and make a statement that he "loves football with all his heart and soul" because some people thought he didnt love the game for the game. 

Idk .... doesnt mean anything, until it does. Everything is roses, until it isnt. 

28 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Um, what?  He went AWOL in college. 

It's the scout's job to scout everything about a player, everything.  This includes their psychology, their passion for the game, their maturity, their EVERYTHING.  It's absolutely imperative that this not be a surprise and is completely on the organization for not seeing it.  I loved GMSM, but he blew it on Cravens.

I'm a therapist, man.  This is what I do.  It's total BS that you can't foresee this coming or the high risk of such and make decisions based off of that risk.  There's a specialized field of sports psychology JUST for this.  The organization is completely to blame for selecting him.  He made his own choices, but it's the sign of incompetence to have this come out of nowhere especially when there is even the slightest history of such a thing happening.

EDIT:  Figured out what this reminded me of.  Drafting Malcomb, who had a history of knee problems, high in the draft and then being shocked that he didn't work out in part because of his knees.  

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Um, what?  He went AWOL in college. 

It's the scout's job to scout everything about a player, everything.  This includes their psychology, their passion for the game, their maturity, their EVERYTHING.  It's absolutely imperative that this not be a surprise and is completely on the organization for not seeing it.  I loved GMSM, but he blew it on Cravens.

What should we make of the Broncos trading for him, then? lol...

I really could care less about Sua Cravens, he had one good play. He seems too slow to be a SS, more of a hybrid player. Not as athletic as the honey badger but he may end up being alright. I saw a video of him saying “They gone be mad when I make the pro bowl”, now I hope he doesn’t even make the practice squad for them. 

1 hour ago, hatchetwound said:

Got something for a player who didn't want to be here.  Have to give Allen credit there :cheers:

I thought the deal lacks a Ham Sammich in it...

I feel robbed right now.

Anyway, everything you want to know about the deal is in BHRBN for you to read!

Archived