Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

18 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Look at it as cleaning up after another of McCloughan's blunders.

:816:

But the Redskins don't get to use that excuse. It's all their front office and choices made by guys they empowered. If this was 2010 and they were cleaning up a previous regime's mistakes, then you'd have a point. But this team should have stumbled onto its organizational philosophy by now and not still figuring out what it wants to do. 

And yes, I realize you were just stirring the pot...hahaha

A picture or in this case a video truly is worth a thousand words.  I've never seen that video of Cravens and Compton before.  I admit it's a bit disturbing and sad.  If other players see him as not really caring or trying, it would be problematic to keep him on the team after his retirement claim.

I admit that I haven't kept up with all things (actually anything) Cravens.  Maybe the Redskins should consider themselves fortunate to have gotten anything for him.

I still wish the young man well.  Maybe Denver can bring out the "pack" mentality that Compton was trying to get across to him.  Looking at his latest video, sadly, I don't think it has sunk in yet.

3 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Never seen that video of Cravens and Compton before.  I admit it's a bit disturbing and sad.  If other players see him as not really caring or trying, it would be problematic to keep him on the team after his retirement claim.

I admit that I haven't kept up with all things (actually anything) Cravens.  Maybe the Redskins should consider themselves fortunate to have gotten anything for him.

I still wish the young man well.  Maybe Denver can bring out the "pack" mentality that Compton was trying to get across to him.  Looking at his latest video, sadly, I don't think it has sunk in yet.

That video tells a whole lot..we as fans sit on the outside had our suspicions,but his teammates knew it as pure fact!!..this wasn’t a FO blunder at all an imo nobody to put the blame on but Su’a himself,his video yesterday tells that story a hell of a lot better!!.Nothing we could’ve done would’ve fixed this kid point blank..he’s a child amongst men that No Team will be able to depend on at all..don’t feel bad for him,feel bad for the broncos because they’re about to have the same done to them-and he’s lucky that they got rid of Talib cause he would’ve busted him up for sure!!..I can’t wait till we play Denver again-I’m sure Trent Williams is gonna pancake the hell outta him,and he’s deserves a lot more than that!!

As for Cravens' commitment to the game, Schaffer said: "That's not even a question in my mind. In every conversation we have, he breathes, he talks, he eats football. I don't understand what people are talking about."

Gotta love agents. They have to be some of the slimiest people on earth. You dont understand why people think Cravens isnt committed to football? How about the guy quit on TWO different teams. Ridiculous.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22943048/denver-broncos-acquire-sua-cravens-trade-washington-redskins

15 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

That makes no sense it what you just said .... you just said the organisation was totally incompetent for drafting him when there was a whiff of thus happening .... but we did get a season out of him ... 

but then you turn around and praise the broncos for taking a “flyer” on him with a fifth ... plus . huh ? 

Huh ? 

Some times I think some people get so wrapped up in this warped self pity that they lash out with this twisted version of fandom where they only see the negative and have lacked any sembalance of rationality ... to the point that should the team actually do well this year it would be devistating because doing well would say the decision makers are actually doing something right ..... which is in their mind impossible... 

the team have done stuff that absolutely should be criticised but when that critical voice just whines about everything then it looses its edge ... 

This isn't that hard to understand.

I would've taken a flier on him when drafting him with just a fifth, no problem.  Sure some issues, but it's a fifth-round pick.

I would not have wasted a second on him.

And your attacks, again, are bull****.  Stop it.  I'm not one of the fans who want the team to suffer just so I can be right on a message board.  I'd love to be wrong and go 19-0 every year.  I even make eating crow posts.  Take your generalizations about me and shove 'em somewhere else.

Just because you don't understand things, which seems to be thematic for you lately, doesn't mean they're wrong.

21 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

This isn't that hard to understand.

I would've taken a flier on him when drafting him with just a fifth, no problem.  Sure some issues, but it's a fifth-round pick.

I would not have wasted a second on him.

And your attacks, again, are bull****.  Stop it.  I'm not one of the fans who want the team to suffer just so I can be right on a message board.  I'd love to be wrong and go 19-0 every year.  I even make eating crow posts.  Take your generalizations about me and shove 'em somewhere else.

Just because you don't understand things, which seems to be thematic for you lately, doesn't mean they're wrong.

The Broncos had a first round grade on him.  NFL.com had him projected as a 2nd or 3rd.  No one talked about him walking out on his college team.  So him being drafted in the fifth would not have been taking a flier on him, it would have been drafting a guy who fell incredibly far

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is it kind of like a bear downs a caribou, and eats part of it, and then a wolfpack come and chase him away, but they only get the leftovers ?

Yea, it’s kinda like *honey badger don’t give a **** voice* “haha, you did all the work downing that caribou, now I’ll just take these scraps.”  Except the scraps stinks like **** LOL

23 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

One team got fleeced in this trade, but we may not know which one for a couple of years.

Well said :cheers:

What I don't get is this feeling of "The Redskins had to move him"....can someone explain to me Why they couldn't have kept him and given him another chance? If he retired or pulled that crap again sure they get nothing for the 2nd round pick they used up but if they liked him enough to use a 2nd on him why couldn't they mend fences with him and give him another shot? I don't get it and what they got was meh anyway. Risk losing a 5th round pick for someone who could play safety seems like a small risk to me. 

While he looked like a total douche on that video if the Broncos thought he was talented and gladly gave up something for him then why is everyone so sure that he can't play? The business of him giving up on his college teammates is bull. He disappeared for 3 days. He didn't retire from his team like he did here. I just don't get this.

If the team shows other players "If you don't want to be here, all you have to do is retire and come back a year later and you will be traded" how is that a good look for the team going forward? Seems like an out to me for someone looking for new scenery. That could be something to worry about in the future. 

17 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Well said :cheers:

What I don't get is this feeling of "The Redskins had to move him"....can someone explain to me Why they couldn't have kept him and given him another chance? If he retired or pulled that crap again sure they get nothing for the 2nd round pick they used up but if they liked him enough to use a 2nd on him why couldn't they mend fences with him and give him another shot? I don't get it and what they got was meh anyway. Risk losing a 5th round pick for someone who could play safety seems like a small risk to me. 

While he looked like a total douche on that video if the Broncos thought he was talented and gladly gave up something for him then why is everyone so sure that he can't play? The business of him giving up on his college teammates is bull. He disappeared for 3 days. He didn't retire from his team like he did here. I just don't get this. If the team shows other players "If you don't want to be here, all they have to do is retire and come back a year later and they will be traded" how is that a good look for the team going forward? Seems like an out to me and something to worry about in the future. 

So you’re being loyal to Su’a Cravens, who days before the season sent out a text message to let teammates know that he quit?  The same guy who then used social media to send out all sorts of weirdo cryptic messages about his fractured ego?  The guy who basically wanted out so badly because he was tired of lying so deep underneath the rock he crawled under after being a backstabbing, fragile, immature, sorry teammate?  Do you really think that the players on the Redskins roster even wanted him around?  You’re really asking why would the FO feel as if they needed to move on?  It’s not as if anybody put a gun to their head, they didn’t have to do anything, sure.  But, once you walk out that door, don’t ever come back.  That’s the motto.

10 minutes ago, -JB- said:

So you’re being loyal to Su’a Cravens, who days before the season sent out a text message to let teammates know that he quit?  

I share the same view as b&w on Cravens, so I won’t speak for him but only myself.

The only player I’ve heard with any questions about Su’a returning was DHall and what he said others were saying.  That of which aligns with what reporters have said about this being more of a Su’a vs. Bruce thing more than Su’a vs. the locker room.  I really don’t have any idea what the locker room thinks but I’ve read quotes from several players that said they’d welcome him back with open arms, can’t judge what others are going through, etc.

I’m not in here shedding tears for his departure and found him to be an annoying social media figure.  But at the end of the day I’m worried about whether or not he can play football.  That remains to be seen, but I’m not going to throw a party for getting a 5th rounder out of our 2nd round talent from 2 years ago.

17 minutes ago, -JB- said:

So you’re being loyal to Su’a Cravens, who days before the season sent out a text message to let teammates know that he quit?  The same guy who then used social media to send out all sorts of weirdo cryptic messages about his fractured ego?  The guy who basically wanted out so badly because he was tired of lying so deep underneath the rock he crawled under after being a backstabbing, fragile, immature, sorry teammate?  Do you really think that the players on the Redskins roster even wanted him around?  You’re really asking why would the FO feel as if they needed to move on?  It’s not as if anybody put a gun to their head, they didn’t have to do anything, sure.  But, once you walk out that door, don’t ever come back.  That’s the motto.

So locker room camaraderie. That's all you had to say was locker room camaraderie. 

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

So you’re being loyal to Su’a Cravens, who days before the season sent out a text message to let teammates know that he quit?

No I'm loyal to the Redskins, and I'm no believer in Bruce Allen. Do you not think that the Redskins could not use a safety?

If Denver wanted Sua then what makes you think that he's all washed up? Is John Elway in business of hooking up the Redskins and doing them favors? Do you think John is an idiot? I mean logically we should be asking this instead of just approving the things Bruce does when he's usually wrong

Do you really think that the players on the Redskins roster even wanted him around?

Does it matter what the players want? For that matter do you know that they wouldn't have welcomed him back? 

But, once you walk out that door, don’t ever come back.  That’s the motto.

So based on that if say they draft someone this year and that player says the hell with Washington, and leaves then your fine with them kicking him to the curb and getting pennies on the dollars spent? That's interesting. To me that's horrible but I respect the opinion

Cravens has talent, but not so much so that he's worth risking hurting team morale over. Clearly guys on the team were done with him, especially after he basically quit. I'm no Allen sympathizer but I don't pin this one on him. I'm surprised we got what we did for him.

3 hours ago, carex said:

The Broncos had a first round grade on him.  NFL.com had him projected as a 2nd or 3rd.  No one talked about him walking out on his college team.  So him being drafted in the fifth would not have been taking a flier on him, it would have been drafting a guy who fell incredibly far

And?  I would've taken a flier on him in the fifth.  If he's great, awesome, you got lucky.  If he's what he is, then meh, it was a fifth.  A fifth-round pick is not one used on an absolutely have-to-have player; that's what a first, second, or even third round pick is for.

Unless you can take a flier on a guy who didn't fall far?  Or do you mean was already projected for that round?

And how can you say that no one talked about him walking out on his college team when it was already known?  If it weren't known, and you were considering your second-round pick on the guy, then you didn't do your due diligence.

15 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

And?  I would've taken a flier on him in the fifth.  If he's great, awesome, you got lucky.  If he's what he is, then meh, it was a fifth.  A fifth-round pick is not one used on an absolutely have-to-have player; that's what a first, second, or even third round pick is for.

Unless you can take a flier on a guy who didn't fall far?  Or do you mean was already projected for that round?

And how can you say that no one talked about him walking out on his college team when it was already known?  If it weren't known, and you were considering your second-round pick on the guy, then you didn't do your due diligence.

a flier is a risk.  Cravens would not have been considered a risk.  In fact it would have been considered incredible value

Archived