Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

34 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The national nightmare is over.

Suagate?

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I’m okay with the trade. To the Redskins, Su’a Cravens was about as useful as a ham sandwich on Ramadan. 

He may turn out great elsewhere, but he was oft injured and disinterested here. 

It was even worse -- think about that ham sandwich on Passover (which is Friday night).  At least on Ramadan you can eat at night and the bread is permissible.  You can't eat bread at all on Passover, and the ham....

This is a very happy surprise trade.  Now I gotta redo my First-Pick picks and figure out who to draft with that extra 5th rounder.  Hmmm, maybe a QB?

7 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Wow... The Redskins actually made a trade where they got better value than the team they're trading with. Good job Brucie!

Remains to be seen. I am happy with this trade as Cravens was done here anyways, so getting a 5th is great. But if he somehow manages to sorts his personal stuff out, the Broncos might have also gotten a good deal.

8 minutes ago, The Sean and Laron show said:

Football is just a job to some,  I doubt you focus on your career 24/7.

Wishing the best for Suzy. We all go through issues in life.

I wouldn’t recommmend anybody of any profession spending a lot of time on social media.  It’s like fast food.  Even once a month is bad for you LOL

So we basically got a 5th for him, and moved up a few spots in the 4th and 5th? 

Wish it worked out but it was a odd situation, which was all his creation (at least from what was reported). 

Normally I wish players the best, cant lie, Im kinda salty. 

He screwed us. Who ever missed the red flags and Scot screwed us. 

2nd rounder gone. 

31 minutes ago, The Sean and Laron show said:

That's completely fair and not untrue at all. Having said that, as fans of a football team we are allowed to want the guys who focus the most on their careers, aren't we? I put it this way...my career is a means to an end for me (making money to support myself and kids) so I understand the sentiment. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that I'd want the me version of a NFL player on the Redskins. I'd prefer the guy who can't get enough of his job. 

47 minutes ago, The Sean and Laron show said:

Going to twitter to discuss and vent about my job kinda negates that viewpoint, though lol...especially if it includes taking pot shots at my employer, some of my coworkers and especially the company's clients.

51 minutes ago, The Sean and Laron show said:

I also don't, on a whim, quit on my career and bail on my co-workers and the company that needs me.

There's something to be said of integrity and maturity.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Also, it might be possible a lot of the players on the team didn't want Cravens back too.  Just saying.

This. I doubt he would have been welcomed back after quitting on the team so suddenly right before the season. He would have been persona non grata.

So what's the consensus on Cravens's mind at this time.  That he had some issues, but when it comes down to it, he simply didn't want to be on this team? I suppose the trade looks good on paper, especially if Cravens turns out as a wash out on the Broncos too, but there is that voice in the back of our head probably asking how this looks if he ends up becoming a good player. The story will be how this organization's front office was bamboozled again. 

I don't mind the trade, but part of me thinks Cravens got what he wanted a little too easily.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

With Denver being the ONLY team we know of to show interest and for what Allen got for Craven's.  Allen got the best of Elway.

Net out what we actually got though...it's a lot of movement to net a 5th round pick and moving up about 10 spots TOTAL in the 4th and 5th rounds. In the end, if Denver thinks this guy can contribute even on special teams it's not a bad exchange for them. 

Meh a 5th (and moving up slightly) is better than nothing, was hoping to see a 4th in return.  Quitting on his team sucked big time.

Walterfootball.com has this grade:

http://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php

Broncos acquire LB/S Su'a Cravens, 2018 4th- and 5th-round picks from Redskins for 4th-round pick, two 5th-round picks
This seems like a lot, but to simplify this trade, the Broncos are really just giving up is a fifth-round pick for Su'a Cravens. The swap of fourth-rounders is just Denver moving down from either No. 106 or 109 to 113, so that's not really a big deal.

So, the question is if Cravens is worth a fifth-round pick. I'm not so sure. He didn't even play last year because he pseudo retired. He left the Redskins because of health and personal issues. Apparently, he's going to play in 2018, but he's obviously not a very reliable person to have on a team if he can just quit on a whim. That said, Cravens is a talented player - he was a second-round pick in 2016 - and so he could fill the need the Broncos have at linebacker if he dedicates himself to football again. It's just a matter if he wants to play or not.

The Redskins definitely won this trade. They couldn't count on Cravens moving forward, so getting a fifth-round choice, plus the ability to move up a bit at the beginning of Day 3, is a nice deal for them.

Grade for Broncos - B-
Grade for Redskins - A-

1 minute ago, MAATopDogg said:

I don’t like this trade at all. Why are we exchanging picks instead of acquiring on to what we already have??? Swapping picks in the 4th round??? I would have studfast just for a 4th rounder.

Then you would be cutting him for nothing come June.

11 minutes ago, MAATopDogg said:

I don’t like this trade at all. Why are we exchanging picks instead of acquiring on to what we already have??? Swapping picks in the 4th round??? I would have studfast just for a 4th rounder.

we also got an additional 5th rounder. So the Skins did add on to what they already had.

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayNBCS

JP Finlay Retweeted

Cravens former agent. Not sure what this is about, but it's interesting https://twitter.com/fadde/status/979048719768109056 

Mike Treanor @mtrean2

Replying to @JPFinlayNBCS

It was something along the lines of "Word to the wise, if it happens once, then twice, it will happen a third time." Already deleted. Definitely about Sua. Good riddance.

Archived