Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

44 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

That times article is incredible journalism. And I feel like it's only half the story as the finances only get shadier. The next segment could be his dealings with Russian Oligarchs. As his father's ability to bail him out vanishes, the Russians become his new daddy. 

This is what I’m hoping comes out of the emoluments case.  Trump is still vested/involved in his business (it’s run by his kids, who he’s in frequent contact with, and has his name name on it), his business has relied heavily (still does?) on Russian lending/money, and Putin has ultimate authority on the Russian banks.  Pretty direct conflict of interest.

BTW, the Times article, IMO, bolsters the idea that Trump is likely still involved with his business.   

The trump news cyclone. Its like nothing sticks bc today's bombshell is muffled by tomorrow's bombshell. Rinse, wash, repeat. Allegations = absolute denial by WH = reports the allegation will be fully investigated = nothing, crickets. 

Like the anonymous letter laying out the dysfunction of the Trump cabinet, Trump swore they would get to the bottom of it, called it treason .. then nothing after 24 hours. 

This is so surreal. Im glossy eyed. I cant keep up with the pace.

32 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know if President Trump will go down as the worst President in US history, but I am pretty sure he is the worst person to ever become President.

Thats what’s weird about the whole thing... trump is doing much of what his supporters wanted. 

They wanted government gutted - not just regulations written into law but they want the agencies gutted from within and left completely ineffective. They wanted someone to flip off the rest of the world. They wanted tax breaks at the expense of long term and meaningful investments. They want immigration shut down. 

Of course to people like me, and liberals like you, he’s the worst because he’s essentially destroying everything we think is important for the government (even if we disagree on how important, or to what level things should be done, we agree the role exists and that it’s important)

but his supporters want this. They showed up to elect him. They may not be smart enough to understand what is and what is not in their best interest, but they showed up to vote and they’re getting what they voted for. Does that make him a “bad president”?

i haven’t come up with an answer to that yet. 

But it’s why I cheer for the damage to be done to his supporters. Every article I read about a small farmer being hurt because of the trade war gives me a slight smile. If someone is going to get screwed it might well be the people who voted for him. 

I especially enjoy when they proclaim they’re changing their vote next time. As if needing to be personally affected to come correct is something to admire or boast about. 

Just now, tshile said:

Of course to people like me, and liberals like you, he’s the worst because he’s essentially destroying everything we think is important for the government (even if we disagree on how important, or to what level things should be done, we agree the role exists and that it’s important)

It's more than that though. He's the worst because of his child separation policies, because of his abandonment and abuse of people in Puerto Rico, and because of the truly despicable way he talks about people including victims of abuse like Dr. Ford.

Even beyond policy, he's just a wretched human being.

Trump is the culmination, dare I say, the Frankenstein's monster that right-wing media has been creating behind the scenes since the 80's.  From Rush's early days then Fox, and now the blogosphere, Trump is the thing they have been cultivating quietly (and not so quietly lately).  We've witnessed how quickly his disease has spread to the entire GOP.    The right-wing media's goal for the last 30+ years has been disinformation.  First you poison minds, then you install a guy who reinforces the poison and spreads it not only to the people but also the system itself.

Every time you hear someone say "He tells it like it is" all they are saying is, "He repeats all the things that Hannity screams on Fox News"  If Trump was the same person, but pushed for liberal policies, I guarantee these people would not find any of these traits about him virtuous.  He is simply the empty-headed fool that literally gets his talking points from Fox & friends.  This isn't a guess, this isn't hyperbole. He literally repeats things said on Fox news channel verbatim.  People wonder why they wanted Trump?  Go listen to Steve Bannon's interview on Maher.  Bannon originally was on the Palin train for the same reasons he initially pushed for Trump.  An empty-headed vessel that could be used to push awful policy behind the guise of populism.

Speaking of, aren't we all supposed to get some kind of "Presidential Emergency text test" today at some time?

We should create a poll as to what this will eventually be used for in the future.

I will start the conspiracy theories at Level 11 and say we'll receive a text on the day of the next Presidential election to say it has been suspended.  :)

1 hour ago, tshile said:

but his supporters want this. They showed up to elect him. They may not be smart enough to understand what is and what is not in their best interest, but they showed up to vote and they’re getting what they voted for. Does that make him a “bad president”?

Will the country be better off after he leaves, than it was when he came in?  

That's the standard I vote for, that's the standard I judge the past by.  

(Yes, I do often try to determine which things are and aren't his fault.)  

Archived