Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

8 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I actually think Lower Decks would've gained more acceptance in the Trek community as a harmless and silly diversion if STD and Piccard weren't out there ****ting all over established Trek lore (I'm afraid I got some strong opinions about these two shows).  Kind of like the Family Guy / Robot chicken Star Wars entries...though Lower Decks is admittedly less clever.

Enjoyed Orville, too. 

• Like 1

For those who like sci-fi and Ridley Scott, Raised by Wolves is very interesting. Reported to be loosely based on the Book of Enoch (one of the gnostic gospels, I think) it’s a new age creation story about terraforming. The wife and I are about halfway through the series and really have no idea where the storyline is going, which is not to say it’s rudderless... far from it. Anyone else watching?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The Karate Kid wasn't a lasting favorite of mine (I thought the movie was ok at best), but the show "Cobra Kai" is freaking awesome. I would recommend this to anyone, whether you've seen the movie, liked it or not.

I watched the movies back in the day and liked them. This is why I watched Cobra Kai and really liked the show. Can't wait for Season 3 dropping on Jan 1st, 2021. :)

17 hours ago, TK said:

Your Honor on Showtime has been phenomenal so far.

I told @Jumbo the other week that I prefer to look at it as Walter White did survuve the ending of Breaking Bad & is now in living under a fake name in New Orleans as a judge. :D 

I’m loving this show.  I gather it’s going to start getting more unbelievable as to the coincidences and all that the further we go, but definitely entertaining.

10 hours ago, zskins said:

I watched the movies back in the day and liked them. This is why I watched Cobra Kai and really liked the show. Can't wait for Season 3 dropping on Jan 1st, 2021. :)

I really like how there are no actual "bad guys" on the show, just different sides to the story.

• Like 1

I agree Cobra Kai is great. Would recommend that easily. Much better than I thought it would be when I heard about it. 

There are some older shows that if people haven't watched that are worth checking out: 

Comedy - Becker. I am rewatching right now on Pluto TV (free TV with ads). It is hilarious and definitely holds up. 

Crime Drama - Flashpoint - Kind of like SWAT in Canada but with a focus on getting people out alive not busting up the place. Pluto TV. 

Crime Dramedy - Leverage - A team of criminals who pull a Robin Hood, stealing from the rich to give to the poor and righting wrongs. Excellent show. Amazon with ads. 

The girlfriend and I have been watching The Crown on Netflix.  Great acting, great...well, everything, really.  But I cannot, for the life of me, bring myself to give a **** about any of the characters.  The girlfriend wanted to know why and I was like, "Well, Elizabeth and Phillip have a son, Charles, who grows up and marries a pre-school teacher who's pretty hot and out of his league.  They have two kids and cheat on each other, Charles with some frumpy British lady and Diana with an art dealer.  They get divorced and Diana dies tragically in a car accident being chased by paparazzi.  Elton John sings a song. I don't feel the need to see how this plays out over the span of several hours."

So we switched to Peaky Blinders which is way better.  

• Haha 1

The first two Seasons of The Crown were good.   If this is S4 than my wife watched S3 without me. We haevn't seen the new Season.  

Just finished "Cobra Kai" new Season (Season 3)... there are certainly parts of the show that are over the top.  For one...  we only need police when it advances the plot.  In real life everyone is in jail for the multiple crimes that get committed on the journey.   All the side characters must have non-existent parents... the teenage antics are a little over the top, although probably accurate and I am sure that if there is an advocacy group for disabled people, they will complain about some of the scenes. 

This Season echo'd Season 2 very much.  

However, the backstory of Kreese is fantastic... and some of the other new plot additions and characters add some variety to the plot.  

Our household binged it in one day... so for all of its silly plotholes, it is entertaining and we have been rooting against Larusso's since Day 1... go Johnny Laurence.  

Hillary Swank needs to show up...

Yeah I just finished Cobra Kai Season 3 as well. Its fun and entertaining if you can get past the whole "you know the entire show would just instantly end if they called the cops and actually arrested people." Still, its a good show.

I actually think a Kreese prequel series would be awesome. Show him in his special forces days.